Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Colorado Bay Owners?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 29, 30, 31  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Manfred58sc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Colorado Bay Owners? Reply with quote

I used to stock Eligius clocks at a "catalog showroom" store . Always wondered where that name came from.. Thanks for the blessing, I'll need it.
camit34
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:51 am    Post subject: Re: Colorado Bay Owners? Reply with quote

@Manfred58sc Sucks you're not going to make the trip, was looking forward to introducing myself.

I have the tin situation at about 90%. Plugged a few holes in the apron tin and one in the Bus from the eberspacher I pulled out. Have the engine seal in place, the fuel pump up under the Bus and have been putting miles and miles on it.

I did have to put my tiny little 28PICT on it since the DRLA was giving some issues that I do not have time for right now. Ordered a better intake and throttle cable from CB.

Have a little rubbing issue after putting the seal on but I'll get that squared away before we leave tomorrow morning.

Here's a quick vid of it at idle -

Link

1967 Freedom Camper (SOLD)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
richparker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Colorado Bay Owners? Reply with quote

^If you're talking about the bottom deck lid seal a head of silicone will do the trick. Safe travels tomorrow!
’65 Deluxe Build
’63 Deluxe Build
jtauxe Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:50 am    Post subject: Re: Colorado Bay Owners? Reply with quote

I was really looking forward to joining this trip, but, alas.

My summer went totally south in July, and I am just now digging out from a series of family and construction crises. I had no time to get the 1972 Sportsmobile into condition for the trip, as I had planned.

Maybe next time. Ya'll have fun!
1969 Transporter, 1971 Westfalia, 1976, 1977, 1976, 1977, 1971, 1973, 1977 Westfalias,
1979 Champagne Sunroof, 1974 Westfalia Automatic, 1979 Transporter, 1972 Sportsmobile, 1973 Transporter Wild Westerner, 1974 Westfalia parts bus
, 1975 Mexican single cab *FOR SALE*, 1978 Irish 4-door double cab RHD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
richparker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Colorado Bay Owners? Reply with quote

Here's a short video from the off road trip this weekend, thanks to all the people who attended! We had 28 buses and 1 buggy, what a turn out!!!

Link

’65 Deluxe Build
’63 Deluxe Build
camit34
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:31 am    Post subject: Re: Colorado Bay Owners? Reply with quote

Anyone going to the Busses & Balloons in Oct down in ALBQ?

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=683946
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
richparker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Colorado Bay Owners? Reply with quote

I am not going for 2 reasons: it's held in a church parking lot and you have to leave no later then 7am on Sunday morning. Sad. Cdollar said it was a pretty fun event and he met BBM there several years back. That's a long drive for you, travel safe and post pics if you go.
’65 Deluxe Build
’63 Deluxe Build
jtauxe Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:59 am    Post subject: Re: Colorado Bay Owners? Reply with quote

camit34 wrote:
Anyone going to the Busses & Balloons in Oct down in ALBQ?

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=683946

Thanks for the reminder! I might just stop by, since it is < 2 hr from me.
1969 Transporter, 1971 Westfalia, 1976, 1977, 1976, 1977, 1971, 1973, 1977 Westfalias,
1979 Champagne Sunroof, 1974 Westfalia Automatic, 1979 Transporter, 1972 Sportsmobile, 1973 Transporter Wild Westerner, 1974 Westfalia parts bus
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
camit34
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:56 am    Post subject: Re: Colorado Bay Owners? Reply with quote

richparker wrote:
I am not going for 2 reasons: it's held in a church parking lot and you have to leave no later then 7am on Sunday morning. Sad. Cdollar said it was a pretty fun event and he met BBM there several years back. That's a long drive for you, travel safe and post pics if you go.

I'm not scared of a God.

Yeah, it's a bit of haul but I've never been before and it'll be fun for my son and I (he's 22) to get some time together. We we're thinking of starting back north on Saturday late afternoon/early evening to have Sunday as a rest day (see what I did there...)

jtauxe wrote:

For sure!
vwwestyman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:13 am    Post subject: Re: Colorado Bay Owners? Reply with quote

camit34 wrote:
richparker wrote:

I'm not scared of a God.

Yeah, it's a bit of haul but I've never been before and it'll be fun for my son and I (he's 22) to get some time together. We we're thinking of starting back north on Saturday late afternoon/early evening to have Sunday as a rest day (see what I did there...)

jtauxe wrote:

For sure!

I bet the church wouldn't mind you staying later in the lot if you attended a service on Sunday morning. Smile

I've heard about this event lots of times but it would be a bit of a haul for me. I'm already taking a good chunk of time off in October as it is.

President, Wild Westerner Club

1978 Champagne Edition Westy, repowered to '97 Jetta TDI
1973 Wild Westerner
My Thing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jtauxe Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Colorado Bay Owners? Reply with quote

camit34 wrote:

I'm not scared of a God.

It's not the god you need to be scared of, it's the believers! Pray
Anyone who believes in an afterlife is not to be trusted in this one.

[Now, don't go getting all upset, people...]
Bulli Klinik
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:29 am    Post subject: Re: Colorado Bay Owners? Reply with quote

Do the balloons ascend on Saturday, Sunday or both?
Colorado Springs
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
danfromsyr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:57 am    Post subject: Re: Colorado Bay Owners? Reply with quote

both,
http://www.balloonfiesta.com/event-info/event-schedule

we made the trip from NY to ABQ in 2015 and I'd do it again in an instant..
it's a cool event, it's a good group of VW people, very casual "event"
if you want to go on the field for/during a morning launch , and it's WELL WORTH IT.... you have to get up and get there early. the show closed to incoming cars at 5:15am the morning we went.. but the locals informed us of such and we got there at 4am.. in traffic. but we have campers so it's easy to hang/chill. but the show starts while it's still dark out.. plenty to see/do before the crack of dawn..
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
camit34
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Colorado Bay Owners? Reply with quote

Good to hear. We're looking forward to it. My stupid drums in the rear are giving me fits but I swung by Painters today at lunch and picked up what I need to get them squared away.

danfromsyr wrote:
both,
http://www.balloonfiesta.com/event-info/event-schedule

we made the trip from NY to ABQ in 2015 and I'd do it again in an instant..
it's a cool event, it's a good group of VW people, very casual "event"
if you want to go on the field for/during a morning launch , and it's WELL WORTH IT.... you have to get up and get there early. the show closed to incoming cars at 5:15am the morning we went.. but the locals informed us of such and we got there at 4am.. in traffic. but we have campers so it's easy to hang/chill. but the show starts while it's still dark out.. plenty to see/do before the crack of dawn..

Manfred58sc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Colorado Bay Owners? Reply with quote

I had to deal with balloon heads on Phish tour once..oh wait its not that kind of show. hey have a good trip everyone! I'm still fiddling with my bus, some carb. problems still. Too busy with customer cars.
camit34
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:50 am    Post subject: Re: Colorado Bay Owners? Reply with quote

Stopped by the DMV to renew my registration. I'm good through '22 now!

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Manfred58sc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Colorado Bay Owners? Reply with quote

NIce, how much was it? I have to renew soon.
camit34
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Colorado Bay Owners? Reply with quote

Manfred58sc wrote:
NIce, how much was it? I have to renew soon.

Mid 200s.
richparker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Colorado Bay Owners? Reply with quote

What's the restrictions?
’65 Deluxe Build
’63 Deluxe Build
Manfred58sc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:33 am    Post subject: Re: Colorado Bay Owners? Reply with quote

That seems fair for 5 years, and it protects you from increases during that period. My 77 Plymouth Fury was a $75 renewal up from $52 last year. I thought the legal pot was going to solve all our problems!!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 29, 30, 31  Next
Jump to:
Page 15 of 31

Jump to: