Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

The WeddingWagen
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
GodJockey
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GI Joe wrote:
Congrats on both man, the Thing looks awesome!! That flattened out look has me wanting to lose my roll bar....

Love the stance, I know you did one outer notch in the back but what about up front? Are you running stock sized struts?
Bashr52
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One outer in the back with flipped arms, stock thing beam with ghia spindles up front with adjusters. I put the adjusters in so when they were fully adjusted it put the arms in the stock location. Its currently all the way up and no rubbing issues. I can put the beam on the ground if i go all the way down. Running one set of caster shims as well.
Zylinderkopf
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We finally got our wedding pictures in. Heres some real pics of the car. I wish I wasnt squinting so bad!

You are supposed to keep your eyes wide open before you get married and half shut after you're married! Smile

good looking couple; I wish you all the best for your life together!
Bashr52
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thatthing wrote:
We finally got our wedding pictures in. Heres some real pics of the car. I wish I wasnt squinting so bad!

You are supposed to keep your eyes wide open before you get married and half shut after you're married! Smile

good looking couple; I wish you all the best for your life together!

Well I'm right on track then, that picture was just after we were leaving the ceremony. Half closed already! Laughing
JBall8019
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats! Where did you get those seats? They look to be a good solution for avoiding a sweaty back.
GI Joe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JBall8019 wrote:
Congrats! Where did you get those seats? They look to be a good solution for avoiding a sweaty back.

TMi has some nice seat covers. These look the same as mine(from TMI), except Bashr has the vinyl on the back/sides, and tweed on the front. Mine are tweed all around.
Very comfortable, and much nicer to sit on in the bright sun, without that scorched leg/butt/back issue!
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8080337#8080337
www.NLEOMF.com
Respect, Honor, Remember
Bashr52
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bingo. I paid a little extra to get the custom ordered TMI covers but i was able to pick exactly the colors and style I wanted. Black vinyl seats in a convertable whos inside was also painted black did not appeal to me, my back, or the back of my legs! Lol! I ordered all the custom cut TMI replacement foam pads and recovered them myself.
oasis
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:44 am    Post subject: Re: The WeddingWagen Reply with quote

I knew I had seen a thread once upon a time about a Thing regular using his Thing in a wedding ... forgot it was his wedding, though.

I had to do the search because our daughter is getting married next June and she and my wife want to use our Thing.

The only detail to work out is who drives. Our daughter drives a stick and has only owned a stick, but she doesn't want to do the driving. Her fiancé does not drive a stick.

One possible plan is to have my friend from childhood (his youngest is the same age as our daughter and is getting married in two weeks) act as a chauffeur and do the ceremonial drive-off. I'm guessing using me was nixed because it would look like I was also being a chaperone.

It's a way aways but I'm open to other suggestions -- especially since this is one thing that won't be invading my wallet.
ldj1002
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:55 am    Post subject: Re: The WeddingWagen Reply with quote

oasis wrote:
I knew I had seen a thread once upon a time about a Thing regular using his Thing in a wedding ... forgot it was his wedding, though.

I had to do the search because our daughter is getting married next June and she and my wife want to use our Thing.

The only detail to work out is who drives. Our daughter drives a stick and has only owned a stick, but she doesn't want to do the driving. Her fiancé does not drive a stick.

One possible plan is to have my friend from childhood (his youngest is the same age as our daughter and is getting married in two weeks) act as a chauffeur and do the ceremonial drive-off. I'm guessing using me was nixed because it would look like I was also being a chaperone.

It's a way aways but I'm open to other suggestions -- especially since this is one thing that won't be invading my wallet.

Teach him to drive the Thing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
perello
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:14 pm    Post subject: Re: The WeddingWagen Reply with quote

Its me or you can actualy marry in US wearing a pair of Converse?

Congrats!
oasis
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:22 am    Post subject: Re: The WeddingWagen Reply with quote

ldj1002 wrote:
oasis wrote:
Our daughter drives a stick and has only owned a stick, but she doesn't want to do the driving. Her fiancé does not drive a stick.

Teach him to drive the Thing

Unrelated to this directly but worthy to bring it up again is just that.

Our daughter was at one time willing to teach him but was understandably reluctant to use her Tiguan. We offered my wife's Golf TDI as it was the easiest for her to learn more than ten years ago.

They had more time when they were both still in college, but her time is more precious as a fourth year dental student. I have the time, though. We'll see. Cool
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: