Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

NOS Fanfare Horns
Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
This page may contain links to eBay where the site receives compensation.
vscherer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:08 am    Post subject: NOS Fanfare Horns Reply with quote

Can anyone tell me how much (if I can find them) I can expect to pay for a set of NOS original Bosch Sport Fanfare Horns for my 1974 Thing???? The red ones?
Ron Domeck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:37 pm    Post subject: Re: NOS Fanfare Horns Reply with quote

Are you talking about the red trupet ones that mounts under the fenders?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vscherer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:57 pm    Post subject: Re: NOS Fanfare Horns Reply with quote

YES!
Ron Domeck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:38 pm    Post subject: Re: NOS Fanfare Horns Reply with quote

I hunted for 20 years for the set I have on my Acapulco. I bought the horns first on Ebay about 8 years ago then found the wiring kit to install a few months later. This is the only set I have seen in the 30 years I have had my cars.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vscherer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:13 pm    Post subject: Re: NOS Fanfare Horns Reply with quote

THANKS FOR THE INFORMATION! I just found an NOS set on Ebay tonight!!! AND, it has the wiring harness!

Woo Hoo!
vscherer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:17 pm    Post subject: NOS Fanfare Horns on Ebay link! Reply with quote

Well, I may not be able to afford these, however, if anyone else wants to see them I'm sharing the link:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VW-Thing-Bosch-Fanfare-Spo...2273599981
Wildthings
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:13 am    Post subject: Re: NOS Fanfare Horns Reply with quote

I have bought several sets of extra loud Klaxon horns of the identical color as the Bosch ones on eBay for very little, maybe 20 bucks for the pair.
Ron Domeck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:53 am    Post subject: Re: NOS Fanfare Horns Reply with quote

Went fast , like the price? $750.00
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:07 pm    Post subject: Re: NOS Fanfare Horns Reply with quote

Ron Domeck wrote:
Went fast , like the price? $750.00

WTF, $750 for those is crack head insane IMHO
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Al Capulco
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:27 pm    Post subject: Re: NOS Fanfare Horns Reply with quote

I think they were priced way too cheap. For one thing, they are a Porsche accessory which drives the price up and they are impossible to find in NOS condition. I have seen them sell for twice that price.

Last edited by Al Capulco on Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:00 pm    Post subject: Re: NOS Fanfare Horns Reply with quote

Really... I've seen the nicer earlier metal ones for 1/2 that sometimes or at least much less.

Maybe those are dirt cheap too?

These:
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

I'm interesting in knowing in case I see these plastic ones for sale sometimes at a swap meet.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Ron Domeck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:43 pm    Post subject: Re: NOS Fanfare Horns Reply with quote

These are Sport horns and not Fanfare horns. NOS Fanfare are about $300-400.
Al Capulco
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:56 pm    Post subject: Re: NOS Fanfare Horns Reply with quote

Don't get me wrong, I think the price is ridiculous. I would like to find a Nos pair in that condition for less money but I just don't think it will happen. There is a used set that need work on Ebay for $900.
vwwestyman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:12 am    Post subject: Re: NOS Fanfare Horns Reply with quote

Unless you are after these specifically for the vintage accessory aspect, there is a new alternative:

http://www.thethingshop.com/TWIN-TONE-HORN-HELLA/productinfo/111951133D/

President, Wild Westerner Club

1978 Champagne Edition Westy, repowered to '97 Jetta TDI
1973 Wild Westerner
My Thing
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: