Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

splitbusdriver - [email protected]
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: splitbusdriver
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: November 04, 2023
NWGhiaGuy Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 8:56 am    Post subject: splitbusdriver - [email protected] Reply with quote

I don't like to leave bad feedback, but my experience with Bill went downhill fast. He does not except payment other than cash or MO, so I sent him cash AND included a copy of his ad with the price and a picture of the part we discussed. He sent me the wrong part. No big deal, we all make mistakes, right? I was happy when he initially responded to my emails that I got the wrong part, but tried to tell me I got the part I asked for. Well, that's where having saved a copy of his ad helped me. After admitting he send me the wrong part (of lesser value and that I didn't want), he said he would look to see if he had the right part. I gave him a couple of days to respond - nothing. Sent him another email - no response.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
radiophil
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the feedback, i was eyeballing his empi license frame, but i'll pass. radiophil.
NWGhiaGuy Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to say though, Bill did find that emblem I originally asked for and sent it to me earlier this week. Issue resolved.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
nvega
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

radiophil wrote:
thanks for the feedback, i was eyeballing his empi license frame, but i'll pass. radiophil.

I just sent payment for that Empi frame! I'll keep you guys posted.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
nvega
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nvega wrote:
radiophil wrote:

I just sent payment for that Empi frame! I'll keep you guys posted.

The frame arrived today! Perfect transaction!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
yoger
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently bought a set of NOS 85.5 cylinders from Bill The transaction was very smooth, the parts were well packed. I am very happy with the deal I made with Bill. Great Samba member!!,, Tony.
axeman569
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:02 am    Post subject: Re: kvaluesnservice - [email protected] Reply with quote

Got a back window for a Notch from Bill. Pleasure to do business with. Thanks again.
axeman569
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:43 pm    Post subject: Re: kvaluesnservice - [email protected] Reply with quote

Back in December I bought what was sold to me as a Notchback rear window. Because Bill doesn't accept PayPal, I had a family member pick up the window at Bill's house and pay $175 cash. The window was the window from his ad. It has the same sticker from the ad, which I haven't removed. I finally received the window in late January but didn't have any way to compare the window with anything until I got my Notchback home. That was in Aug, or Sept. I was able to hold another window up against this window. It came out of my Notchback. The one Bill sold was NOT from a Notchback. In Oct. I sent Bill an Email informing him that the window was too small to be from a Notchback and did he know what it may have come from. Bill's reply was that he personally pulled the window out of a 64 Notchback and that my car must have been "altered". I got this email after coming home from a friends and confirming the window to be out of a Karmann Ghia. For 3 more days I waited for a response with nothing. I asked Bill if he was interested in resolving this. I also told him I could take a picture of the window held up to my Notchback. His response was to call him. I asked that we keep this going through email as I had been scammed in the past. I also told him I wasn't accusing him of being a scammer. I have not heard back from him since. That was on Oct 26. I have since sent 4 more emails trying to resolve this with no contact from Bill. I have the screenshot from his original ad and the emails trying to resolve this if anyone is interested.
splitbusdriver
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:21 pm    Post subject: Re: kvaluesnservice - [email protected] Reply with quote

I actually responded to his emails several times. I was concerned that he was contacting me almost a year later after his relative picked up the window. I gave him my number several times and asked him to call he did not. I have sold and shipped hundreds of items. I have been part of the Volkswagen community for over 30 years. I enjoy connecting people that do not have the part at a fair price available for them in their local community.
axeman569
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:58 pm    Post subject: Re: splitbusdriver - [email protected] Reply with quote

I told him I wanted to keep the discussion in writing to reduce miscommunication. He stopped responding. I have all the emails trying to resolve this issue. To this day, he still hasn't attempted to resolve it. Your 30 years of selling parts doesn't mean you couldn't have made a mistake. You did however tell me you personally took it out of a 64 Notch. I held it up to both a Notchback and a Ghia. It is for a Ghia. $175 for a window I can't use. Still have it if you feel like correcting your mistake? It's not that you made a mistake that speaks to people. It's how you correct the mistake. Me paying $175 for a Notch window would be a fair price. Me paying for a Notch window and getting a Ghia window is of no use to me. I have no problem letting everybody know that you corrected this; conversely, I can keep updating it as well.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: