Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Off to paint
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
74 Thing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:00 am    Post subject: Re: Off to paint Reply with quote

What kind of paint did you use?
JBall8019
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:27 am    Post subject: Re: Off to paint Reply with quote

Wow! Looks great!
Pete VW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Off to paint Reply with quote

Ok more pictures of my build. I am liking the turquoise more as I add more white. The paint is single stage done by my friend a retired body shop owner. I am relegated to sanding and I get yelled at if don't do it right.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Pete
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Pete VW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:45 am    Post subject: Re: Off to paint Reply with quote

Tomorrow off to Florida. I think my Thing will spent the rest of its life in the sun as long as its not hit by a hurricane. Still needs to be wired and a little more adjustment of stance. Will see how this top holds up at 75 mph.
Pete

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ALANSD
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:46 am    Post subject: Re: Off to paint Reply with quote

very nice indeed
Pete VW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:02 am    Post subject: Re: Off to paint Reply with quote

Made it to Florida ok. Did not make trip with top up. No rain for three days and no damage at my home from hurricane.
Going to switch to bug spindles to get more adjustment range. My Rebel wiring harness arrived. This will be my third build with them. Excellent quality. Hard to burn wire when shrinking connectors and good instructions.
Pete

74 Thing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:37 am    Post subject: Re: Off to paint Reply with quote

That is looking nice-love the shop.

What kind of brakes are you running?
Pete VW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Off to paint Reply with quote

Up date on my build. Wiring!!! having fun.

74 Thing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Off to paint Reply with quote

What kind of battery box are you using and did you have to drill through the floorpan to install it?
Pete VW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Off to paint Reply with quote

Finally finished. Thanks to the Sambal community. I am new to VW's so I relied on advice from you all. Every thing is working fine and I am making longer and longer reliability runs every day.
Pete

gfulcher
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:55 am    Post subject: Re: Off to paint Reply with quote

Tell me more about your Rebel wiring harness! Went to their site and it seems very reasonable. Did you go with the Bug Universal or Deluxe kit, or something else?

And, would you mind sharing your media-blast and paint costs?

I'm about to embark on all of this, too. Nice work!!
Pete VW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Off to paint Reply with quote

I went with the deluxe kit from Rebel. Had about 7 wires I did nd need like ""dome light" but the kit is great. This is the third car I have built with Rebel quality is top notch and instruction are good.
I sand blasted my self and friend with booth painted . Cost of paint and primer was about $250.00
Pete
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: