Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Oktobugfest- Seattle/Tacoma?
Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
grethi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:25 am    Post subject: Oktobugfest- Seattle/Tacoma? Reply with quote

I've seen two different listings for this event; There is one for Oct 21st at Bellevue College. There's a second listing for the Rein House in Tacoma on Oct 28th. Neither event has any actual info attached to it.

Does anyone have any input on one or both?

'69 square
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
motofly196
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:20 am    Post subject: Re: Oktobugfest- Seattle/Tacoma? Reply with quote

I guess I'll bump this...I can't find anything about this show online. Is it a go? I never got a flier or card at any of the summer shows like I usually do. There are a lot of swap meet vendors that don't facebook, instagram, snapchat, ect. If these shows aren't promoted we'll just stop coming. Not a threat, just the reality of promoting shows through social media. I'd hate this show to go bust...it's a really fun way to end the season!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
campingbox Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Oktobugfest- Seattle/Tacoma? Reply with quote

It's listed here as being 10/28 in Tacoma:

https://tickets.thefoat.com/happenstanceevents
motofly196
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Oktobugfest- Seattle/Tacoma? Reply with quote

Thanks Greg! What a strange website, tried to buy 3 tickets, total cost 0.00? Rein Hauser in Tacoma is a restaurant? No details on the page about show/ swap. Not worth the 300plus miles of driving for me if they can't even list details. Think we'll pass on this one. Too bad, I look forward to the Fall Meet.
.65vw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Oktobugfest- Seattle/Tacoma? Reply with quote

Start Mikes video at 13:20 to hear what he says about this event.

https://www.facebook.com/happenstanceevents/videos/1640505872648525/
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
motofly196
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Oktobugfest- Seattle/Tacoma? Reply with quote

Thanks for the link, sounds like Bellevue is a bust. Too bad
.65vw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:33 am    Post subject: Re: Oktobugfest- Seattle/Tacoma? Reply with quote

Yea it is too bad as for me this show was within walking distance and cool to go to as a sort of last show for the year, but hanging out in a cement/open air parking building on a 55 degree day as it rains makes it difficult to want to stay for the entire show.

Last year many people seemed to leave early.

Maybe a shorter VW gathering might be a better fit for the time of year as he said he was going to try.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Clara Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Oktobugfest- Seattle/Tacoma? Reply with quote

motofly196 wrote:
Thanks Greg! What a strange website, tried to buy 3 tickets, total cost 0.00? Rein Hauser in Tacoma is a restaurant? No details on the page about show/ swap. Not worth the 300plus miles of driving for me if they can't even list details. Think we'll pass on this one. Too bad, I look forward to the Fall Meet.

It isn't on the Rhein Haus calendar. I like the idea of Tacoma as it's closer for me. Smile
I look forward to it too, but it looks like it's not happening????
Bummer about that.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: