Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

1969 Westfalia Campingmobile-SO67 Tin Top
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:39 pm    Post subject: 1969 Westfalia Campingmobile-SO67 Tin Top Reply with quote

Picked this up last week. I'm 3rd owner. Shocked
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

.·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·..><((((º>

# 303 and #156

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!

Last edited by Fish on Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:17 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Fish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:49 pm    Post subject: Re: 1969 Westfalia Campingmobile-SO67 Tin Top Reply with quote

# 303 and #156

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
borninabus
Samba R&D Dept.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:07 am    Post subject: Re: 1969 Westfalia Campingmobile-SO67 Tin Top Reply with quote

well done!
prost, indeed Cool
wcfvw69 Premium Member
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:52 am    Post subject: Re: 1969 Westfalia Campingmobile-SO67 Tin Top Reply with quote

Very nice! Looks very dry and original. You have to love those California survivors.

Decades of VW and VW parts restoration experience.
The Samba member since 2004.

**Now rebuilding throttle bodies for VW's and Porsche's**
**Restored German Bosch distributors for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored German Pierburg fuel pumps for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche fuel pumps or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche distributors or I can restore yours**
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Tcash
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:26 am    Post subject: Re: 1969 Westfalia Campingmobile-SO67 Tin Top Reply with quote

Where those the teaser pix? What about the inside?
Fish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:53 pm    Post subject: Re: 1969 Westfalia Campingmobile-SO67 Tin Top Reply with quote

wcfvw69 wrote:
Very nice! Looks very dry and original. You have to love those California survivors.

It has been restored once, about ten years ago.

# 303 and #156

Fish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:55 pm    Post subject: Re: 1969 Westfalia Campingmobile-SO67 Tin Top Reply with quote

Tcash wrote:

In the gallery. It pretty complete. Needs the panel behind the table due to water damage from a leaky window rubber. Other than that, it just needs a good cleaning.

# 303 and #156

OB Bus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:44 pm    Post subject: Re: 1969 Westfalia Campingmobile-SO67 Tin Top Reply with quote

Well let us get it clean and shining and get it on the road.

Then again, why not just drive it?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Fish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:39 pm    Post subject: Re: 1969 Westfalia Campingmobile-SO67 Tin Top Reply with quote

OB Bus wrote:
Well let us get it clean and shining and get it on the road.

Then again, why not just drive it?

Well now it is registered and insured. Next is new fuel lines so I can drive it any where I want too.

# 303 and #156

richparker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:24 pm    Post subject: Re: 1969 Westfalia Campingmobile-SO67 Tin Top Reply with quote

Awesome! The SO-67 is a nice lightweight camper to enjoy the world with.
’65 Deluxe Build
busdaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:40 pm    Post subject: Re: 1969 Westfalia Campingmobile-SO67 Tin Top Reply with quote

Damn!, nice score! Cool

Please don't PM technical questions, ask your problem in public so everyone can play along. If you think it's too stupid post it here

Слава Україні!
Tcash
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:07 pm    Post subject: Re: 1969 Westfalia Campingmobile-SO67 Tin Top Reply with quote

Fish wrote:
Tcash wrote:

In the gallery. It pretty complete. Needs the panel behind the table due to water damage from a leaky window rubber. Other than that, it just needs a good cleaning.

Link to Pix in gallery.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_search.php...t_dir=DESC
EdZ KG6UTS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:54 am    Post subject: Re: 1969 Westfalia Campingmobile-SO67 Tin Top Reply with quote

Wolff Motors!!!! I bought my 1969 VW sunroof from Kearny Mesa VW. Back then San Diego Motor Imports on India St and Crest Motors in Escondito were the originals, Wolff and Kearny Mesa were the new guys. If I see some Wolff plate frames I'll snag 'em.

EdZ KG6UTS
Fish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:47 am    Post subject: Re: 1969 Westfalia Campingmobile-SO67 Tin Top Reply with quote

Thanks, I'd appreciate it.

# 303 and #156

Fish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:32 pm    Post subject: Re: 1969 Westfalia Campingmobile-SO67 Tin Top Reply with quote

Anyone know for sure what this metal tag on the motor block means? Both my friend Larry and I recall something about it being a factory rebuild and the original numbers ground off underneath.
After a lot of searching I've come across this. It is probably a Vege-Motoren European rebuild, sold in the US by ATK. Thank you glutamodo. So now does anyone know more about these two companies? We're Motors rebuilt, sold out right or exchanged?
Edit: www.atkvege.com/content/
Edit: http://www.vege.info

# 303 and #156

Pinetops
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:25 pm    Post subject: Re: 1969 Westfalia Campingmobile-SO67 Tin Top Reply with quote

Super nice bus!

I don't know if this thread can help you but just in case:

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=80884&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Fish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:39 pm    Post subject: Re: 1969 Westfalia Campingmobile-SO67 Tin Top Reply with quote

Pinetops wrote:
Super nice bus!

I don't know if this thread can help you but just in case:

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=80884&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Thanks for the nice words on the bus and the link. It appears that link is about low mileage factory motors blowing up and being replaced. That's a different problem than what I'm looking for, but thank you for the link.

# 303 and #156

Col_Forbin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:06 am    Post subject: Re: 1969 Westfalia Campingmobile-SO67 Tin Top Reply with quote

wow, what a great score.. I love tin top westies!

I have a very similar tag on the motor of my early bay so appreciate the info. Interested to compare the numbers/letters to yours when I get home and can look at it.
71 Deluxe Bay
glutamodo Premium Member
The Android

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:00 am    Post subject: Re: 1969 Westfalia Campingmobile-SO67 Tin Top Reply with quote

Fish wrote:
Anyone know for sure what this metal tag on the motor block means? Both my friend Larry and I recall something about it being a factory rebuild and the original numbers ground off underneath.
After a lot of searching I've come across this. It is probably a Vege-Motoren European rebuild, sold in the US by ATK. Thank you glutamodo. So now does anyone know more about these two companies? We're Motors rebuilt, sold out right or exchanged?

We sold them, they were core-exchange. They were remanufactured in the Netherlands. ATK was just the distributor in the USA. They were good engines and the only time one we sold had a problem (a valve spring apparently broke, never saw it since it didn't happen in town) they paid to have it fixed under warranty.

IMAGE NOTE: It has been noted that Chrome based browsers may have issues in displaying my vast image library, which use non-secure links and are on an FTP server. Images should still be viewable if the link is clicked though.
I do not know how to fix this. All I can say is it all works fine for me with what I use, Firefox.
Fish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:44 pm    Post subject: Re: 1969 Westfalia Campingmobile-SO67 Tin Top Reply with quote

glutamodo wrote:
Fish wrote:

We sold them, they were core-exchange. They were remanufactured in the Netherlands. ATK was just the distributor in the USA. They were good engines and the only time one we sold had a problem (a valve spring apparently broke, never saw it since it didn't happen in town) they paid to have it fixed under warranty.

Thanks, I got all of this information from you in other threads. Core exchange makes the most sense what with the time it takes to ship a motor over seas and back. It would be really weird to have the same case after rebuilds and especially all these years. Now I wonder if this case has been rebuilt sense it was from vege? Bus has 89k on the odometers. I figured it has gone around at least once, but who knows?

# 303 and #156

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: