Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 413, 414, 415 ... 488, 489, 490  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
barefootwestie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:51 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

Great Condition. Hmmm.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1924062

1973 Westfalia
"Getting better....one repair at a time."

Other VW's owned through the years, in no particular order:
'67 Beetle,
'67 Ghia Hardtop,
'72 Ghia Convertible,
'72 Westfalia
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
KentABQ Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

A 350 hp type I motor. Shocked

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/ant/cto/d/1973-type-2-bay-window-turbo/6340941385.html

It must be one helluva turbo! Cool

"I must say, how can you be in a bad mood driving this vehicle full of vibrant color.
Cars of today are so bland in comparison. It's like driving a celebration!"
---WildIdea

Bus ownership via emoticons:
Very Happy Shocked Mad Sad Embarassed d'oh! Pray Brick wall Pray Dancing Dancing Dancing ---williamM
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

KentPS wrote:
A 350 hp type I motor. Shocked

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/ant/cto/d/1973-type-2-bay-window-turbo/6340941385.html

It must be one helluva turbo! Cool

Nope, it's the coil that is so powerful that it arcs directly to the plugs.

GOFUNDYOURSELF, quit asking everyone to do it for you!

An air cooled VW will make you a hoarder.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
djporsche
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:55 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

DAMN! not even rebuilt motor, it does has NEW tires. runs like shit and been sitting for long time, lol

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2104160
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

djporsche wrote:
DAMN! not even rebuilt motor, it does has NEW tires. runs like shit and been sitting for long time, lol

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2104160

Personally I like the preservation approach. But this was not preserved, just made to go. If it had all new mechanicals, detailed undercarriage, new rubber and correct front vinyl seat and door covers - then yeah, maybe. Plus a sweet side tent. Not a wishy washy "oh there's some mice holes" explanation of god knows what holly horror awaits. Rolling Eyes

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Malokin Martin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

Honest question: how does one bend every single westy tent pole?
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:00 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

Malokin Martin wrote:
Honest question: how does one bend every single westy tent pole?

Leave it up during a snowstorm?

Use the full tent bag as traction to extract the vehicle from mud? Or just forget that the kit was laying on the soft dirt behind the van when you back up.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:45 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

Ahh, remember the good old days when a bay in good condition wasn't worth $5,000? Here's a good laugh.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=109980&highlight=

skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:18 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

TDCTDI wrote:
Ahh, remember the good old days when a bay in good condition wasn't worth $5,000? Here's a good laugh.

and 12 years later 2/3 of those in that thread are no longer active here...

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
SamboSamba22
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:38 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

skills@eurocarsplus wrote:
TDCTDI wrote:

and 12 years later 2/3 of those in that thread are no longer active here...

Hey guys! Some of us were only 15, playing ball and chasing girls!

Funny to see the decade’s influence to bus prices. Though if you truly want a good laugh, check out some of the prices folks ask for 70’s beetles...

Oct. ’67 Double Cab (’68 Crew Cab)
[url=http://www.vw-mplate.com/mplate-44412.png]Click to view image[/URL]
March '69 Delivery (Panel Bus)
[url=http://www.vw-mplate.com/mplate-44414.png]Click to view image[/URL]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
wcfvw69 Premium Member
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

The bays are only continue to rise in value IMOP. I remember the split window bus pricing back in 2005. NO ONE saw that appreciation in pricing coming.

Bays offer more than splits, not to mention they are much more roomier and allow taller people to drive them. I'm 6'4" and can't really fit in a split bus drivers seat.

I say this alot. I'm continued to be stunned at all the attention my average looking bay bus gets from teenagers and 20 somethings. "Love your bus"! "I want one of those so bad".. blah, blah, blah..

Maybe more of these younger folks watch those van life series on youtube than we think.

Decades of VW and VW parts restoration experience.
The Samba member since 2004.

**Now rebuilding throttle bodies for VW's and Porsche's**
**Restored German Bosch distributors for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored German Pierburg fuel pumps for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche fuel pumps or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche distributors or I can restore yours**
SamboSamba22
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

I work for corporate America and watch van life threads all the time. I’m tickled to death that bays are worth something, it counters the cash I thrown at it lol

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

wcfvw69 wrote:

Maybe more of these younger folks watch those van life series on youtube than we think.

Nah, if that were the case, they'd ask you to give the bus to them.

skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

wcfvw69 wrote:
The bays are only continue to rise in value IMOP. I remember the split window bus pricing back in 2005. NO ONE saw that appreciation in pricing coming.

Bays offer more than splits, not to mention they are much more roomier and allow taller people to drive them. I'm 6'4" and can't really fit in a split bus drivers seat.

I say this alot. I'm continued to be stunned at all the attention my average looking bay bus gets from teenagers and 20 somethings. "Love your bus"! "I want one of those so bad".. blah, blah, blah..

I agree, to a point. bay's have been in this "black hole" between splits and vanagons in terms of pricing. I honestly don't know *when* they will be worth gobs of loot, but it seems to me the money is in late (77,8 and 9) campers as they seem to offer the best layout for sleeping.

early bay campers...meh, deluxe, s/c d/c not worth nearly as much. seems folks with means want 1) a bus and 2) a camper....not just a deluxe. and honestly it seems that you can't give a panel van away. the late campers offer the most bang for the bux if you have a family

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
wcfvw69 Premium Member
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

I agree, to a point. bay's have been in this "black hole" between splits and vanagons in terms of pricing. I honestly don't know *when* they will be worth gobs of loot, but it seems to me the money is in late (77,8 and 9) campers as they seem to offer the best layout for sleeping.

I agree with the late bays popularity due to the camper layout. But, what's interesting to me is some are scared away from late bays due to the getting OLD fuel injection systems, so many parts being NLA and the dreaded type 4 engine that's so expensive to have rebuilt to a high level.

I think you're going to continue to be busier with the engine swaps as the costs continue to escalate to rebuild the type 4 engines.

early bay campers...meh, deluxe, s/c d/c not worth nearly as much. seems folks with means want 1) a bus and 2) a camper....not just a deluxe. and honestly it seems that you can't give a panel van away. the late campers offer the most bang for the bux if you have a family

I do think many people like the early bay Westphalia's due to their type 1 engines, less complexity in working on them, etc.. Lord knows you won't get any where quickly but most know that before buying one. Wink

notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

wcfvw69 wrote:

They will be worth the most right before major metropolitan cities mandate all cars in their space go green. The day after this starts - gas using cars will drop in value. 15-20 years?

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
wcfvw69 Premium Member
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

notchboy wrote:
wcfvw69 wrote:

They will be worth the most right before major metropolitan cities mandate all cars in their space go green. The day after this starts - gas using cars will drop in value. 15-20 years?

Good point Jason but.. I think there will be a gazzilion conversion kits to electric on the market by then.

These beloved buses will be on the road 50 years from now. Very Happy

notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

wcfvw69 wrote:
notchboy wrote:
wcfvw69 wrote:

Good point Jason but.. I think there will be a gazzilion conversion kits to electric on the market by then.

These beloved buses will be on the road 50 years from now. Very Happy

Lets hope so. Ill still sell my ACVW stuff before then. Im not one to hump a rubber doll. I like the feel of the real thing Wink

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
SamboSamba22
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

Let’s not forget the 74/75 full bed layouts, that way you can have all kinds of room for futuristic rubber doll humping.

notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

SamboSamba22 wrote:
Let’s not forget the 74/75 full bed layouts, that way you can have all kinds of room for futuristic rubber doll humping.

Im thinking y'all are going to have more of a virtual headset and a fleshlight. Wink

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 413, 414, 415 ... 488, 489, 490  Next
Jump to:
Page 414 of 490

Jump to: