Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Let's Play, WTF is That!?!
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 352, 353, 354 ... 408, 409, 410  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Let's Play, WTF is That!?! Reply with quote

J.A. Cooley Museum San Diego, Ca. Park Blvd. at El Cajon in Hillcrest.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

.·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·..><((((º>

# 303 and #156

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwcanuck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Let's Play, WTF is That!?! Reply with quote

Not a very good picture, but wait for it. If nobody knows what this is I will post a closer pic as we drove by, then I'm sure someone will know what this is.

busdaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Let's Play, WTF is That!?! Reply with quote

Mini moke?

Please don't PM technical questions, ask your problem in public so everyone can play along. If you think it's too stupid post it here

Слава Україні!
vwcanuck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Let's Play, WTF is That!?! Reply with quote

Too easy eh? I need to get out more!

Mini Moke. The only time I ever saw one was in Barbados when I was a kid.

busdaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Let's Play, WTF is That!?! Reply with quote

vwcanuck wrote:

I only knew because a customer recently imported one from South Africa, before last year the only ones I saw were in Cayman and Fiji back when I was a kid too.

Please don't PM technical questions, ask your problem in public so everyone can play along. If you think it's too stupid post it here

Слава Україні!
hitest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Let's Play, WTF is That!?! Reply with quote

busdaddy wrote:
vwcanuck wrote:

I only knew because a customer recently imported one from South Africa, before last year the only ones I saw were in Cayman and Fiji back when I was a kid too.

A friend had one when we were growing up in the 70s- painted just like a tiger. His folks let him drive it around their property long before he was old enough. Now of course, I must contact his family to see where it may be!

I wonder what the nut looks like.

'62 L390 151, '62 L469 117, '63 L380 113, '64 L87 311, '65 L512 265, '65 L31 SO-42, '66 L360 251, '68 L30k 141, '71 L12 113, '74 ORG 181

FU#5
VOLKSWAGNUT
Fastest VW Belt Changer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:04 am    Post subject: Re: Let's Play, WTF is That!?! Reply with quote

Hmmmmm.. very familiar lines..

Its about the going not the showing
Rebuilt to drive not decorate
WANTED: Local Eatin' Joints, Triple D for TheSamba contributions here http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=570510
Search "VOLKSWAGNUT" on YouTube since you cant watch a "certain" BELT change video round here
Usually and often edited
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
John Moxon Premium Member
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:33 am    Post subject: Re: Let's Play, WTF is That!?! Reply with quote

VOLKSWAGNUT wrote:

Unmistakable Ghia roofline of the early '50s. Its a '53 Fiat Abarth 1100 Sport Ghia Coupé

Even the prototype Karmann Ghia shared the same rear lights. Smile

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Da TOW'D
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Let's Play, WTF is That!?! Reply with quote

wtf is the dove blue in the middle of the picture?
Miami '60s
'92 Eurovan Willy DD
and NUTS
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Letterman7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Let's Play, WTF is That!?! Reply with quote

Could be a camper van conversion, maybe a Dodge or Ford. The dark mark is a shadow from the overhead light.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
hobbybob517
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Let's Play, WTF is That!?! Reply with quote

Is it one of these personal garages?

3 million rpm? Well there's your problem! No wonder it blew up!
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:08 am    Post subject: Re: Let's Play, WTF is That!?! Reply with quote

John Moxon wrote:
VOLKSWAGNUT wrote:

Unmistakable Ghia roofline of the early '50s. Its a '53 Fiat Abarth 1100 Sport Ghia Coupé

Even the prototype Karmann Ghia shared the same rear lights. Smile

I was watchen netflicks the other day and this car drove by.....it is a chief doing trips around the eu, in diferent cars, pertty need thie was the italy show that this car was on (I think that was it...or it could of been the italian movie I saw earlier in the day when my alregires were driving me nuts....(not a far tirp, but it's a snotty trip none the less)
hitest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:48 am    Post subject: Re: Let's Play, WTF is That!?! Reply with quote

Da TOW'D wrote:

Miami '60s

Hmm, on close inspection it looks like the cab is shaded from a late splittie visor and it definitely has splittie body lines and proportions. Perhaps a non-Special Order high roof conversion from outside Germany? I'm placing money on it being a fiberglass shell replacing a regular panel roof- chopped behind the driver (to save the overhead vent).

I wonder what the nut looks like.

'62 L390 151, '62 L469 117, '63 L380 113, '64 L87 311, '65 L512 265, '65 L31 SO-42, '66 L360 251, '68 L30k 141, '71 L12 113, '74 ORG 181

FU#5
ho-dad
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:16 am    Post subject: Re: Let's Play, WTF is That!?! Reply with quote

hitest wrote:
Da TOW'D wrote:

Miami '60s

Hmm, on close inspection it looks like the cab is shaded from a late splittie visor and it definitely has splittie body lines and proportions. Perhaps a non-Special Order high roof conversion from outside Germany? I'm placing money on it being a fiberglass shell replacing a regular panel roof- chopped behind the driver (to save the overhead vent).

Nice parking job by that '58 Plymouth Plaza Wink

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Let's Play, WTF is That!?! Reply with quote

ho-dad wrote:
hitest wrote:
Da TOW'D wrote:

Miami '60s

Nice to see that hasn't changed over the years, I see people parking across or outside the lines almost every day. Evil or Very Mad Laughing

The Blue "Bus" does look like it has a VW cab up front but it looks longer than a VW Bus. Maybe some special conversion...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
busdaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Let's Play, WTF is That!?! Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
ho-dad wrote:
hitest wrote:
Da TOW'D wrote:

Miami '60s

Nice to see that hasn't changed over the years, I see people parking across or outside the lines almost every day. Evil or Very Mad Laughing

The Blue "Bus" does look like it has a VW cab up front but it looks longer than a VW Bus. Maybe some special conversion...

Back then you could blame it on "the little woman cant drive", "lucky she made it through the parking lot without taking out 10 other cars with that battleship" Wink

The blue thing does look like a VW, maybe a Kemperink like vehicle?, looks too small to be a Divco or some other 50's delivery van.

The observation/suntan deck on the (assumedly) motel is kind of neat, I'm guessing that's near the water?, I wonder what that real estate has on it today?

Слава Україні!
babysnakes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Let's Play, WTF is That!?! Reply with quote

busdaddy wrote:
EverettB wrote:
ho-dad wrote:
hitest wrote:
Da TOW'D wrote:

Miami '60s

Back then you could blame it on "the little woman cant drive", "lucky she made it through the parking lot without taking out 10 other cars with that battleship" Wink

The blue thing does look like a VW, maybe a Kemperink like vehicle?, looks too small to be a Divco or some other 50's delivery van.

The observation/suntan deck on the (assumedly) motel is kind of neat, I'm guessing that's near the water?, I wonder what that real estate has on it today?

Sunny Isles beach,(Miami Beach)

busdaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Let's Play, WTF is That!?! Reply with quote

babysnakes wrote:
Sunny Isles beach,(Miami Beach)

I went for a spin up and down Collins ave on Google and didn't see anything like that there today. I guess they got tired of exceptionally good looking and talented people suddenly breaking into a toe tapping, finger snapping song on that patio with other scantily clad easy on the eye strangers ready to dance, or play along with the musical instruments they happened to have with them, that happens all the time there, right? Very Happy I mean if I played a stand up string bass I'd bring it with me to the beach or wherever I went. Razz
Or maybe those newish looking skyscrapers along the beachfront blocked the view and ruined the vibe?

Слава Україні!
Fish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Let's Play, WTF is That!?! Reply with quote

When I zoom in it appears to be two different color blues and two different objects with the darker blue looking like a single cab, but it looks too small.

# 303 and #156

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:52 am    Post subject: Re: Let's Play, WTF is That!?! Reply with quote

Looks like a Kemperink type of long/high roof to me. Just a coachbuilt single cab with a big ass box on the back.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 352, 353, 354 ... 408, 409, 410  Next
Jump to:
Page 353 of 410

Jump to: