Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

1967 cumulus white/sea blue SO?? westy
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
srfndoc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The icebox is one of the harder pieces to find, seems most were taken out/tossed at some point. I actually take mine out when I go camping to make more room for the dog.

If your not in a hurry you might want to see if someone is willing to trade you for a walk thru version so you don't have to cut that one up.

As for the formica, nobody is reproducing it but Easy E seems to be close:

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3...p;start=20

Inka plastics was making replacement water tanks, looks like they are now using the tank diagram I sent them a while ago:

http://www.incaplastics.com/page15.html

Here is the thread with more info:

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=103460
oakman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^Thank you srfndoc! I'm definately not in a hurry as I still need to finish the other camper first. Laughing When I said formica I actually meant the woodgrained stuff. I'm not sure what to call that, veneer? I'm just trying to slowly collect items when i find them and can afford it. On a side note I did just order some of the Armstrong flooring that you posted the link to in the other thread. I took samples home of the massimo flint and another that is the same pattern but lighter. I went with the lighter one for the wards camper, should be here later this week. Of course I had to buy enough for two buses....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
srfndoc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A good match for the veneer:

Nevamar Grand Isle Maple
oakman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

srfndoc wrote:
A good match for the veneer:

Nevamar Grand Isle Maple

Awesome, that stuff looks nice. Funny, now I find myself looking at veneer everywhere. I was just in a Subway and noticed they had a veneer that looked close too.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
srfndoc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakman wrote:
I purchased my first piece of so 42 interior. I think it's a decent enough icebox for this bus. The top needs to be re-glued, the spout is missing and no water tank.

Only one problem with it, it's for a bench seat bus.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

I'm quickly learning that these pieces are hard to find in nice shape. I figured since the top is already off it would make it easier to change out the side to a solid panel. I felt I had to get it anyway. Anyone have any spare veneer they would be willing to sell? Smile

You should swap coolers with this guy:

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1675673

oakman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you srfndoc, sent him a p.m. Very Happy
oakman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:48 pm    Post subject: Re: 1967 cumulus white/sea blue SO?? westy Reply with quote

I have been collecting interior pieces for this bus and I have a few things I'm not sure about. What does the clamp on the left with the black knob do? Also not sure about the threaded piece with the two black knobs on either end? What about the two loose knobs? I know the top one is a closet clamp, is this the same as what is used to secure the ice box? I searched the forums and gallery but could not find a clear explanation. Thanks!

AC Mack
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:50 pm    Post subject: Re: 1967 cumulus white/sea blue SO?? westy Reply with quote

Brandon. the clamp w/knob secures the closet at rear. Small clamp secures closet at cargo doors or ice box.. I think on page 9. The knobs were also used to secure rear seat / bed base to brackets.
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/archives/manuals/so42booklet.php
1966 Westfalia so42 Schiebedach fabrik 4864
1967 Model 231 EZ Kamper # 1940
1978 Westfalia P 31 / 1987 Westfalia Wolfram Grau
Split Bus Club / Lost Coast Bays / North Coast Vans
Long may that Split Bus run!
Always and Everywhere Volkswagen
BarryL Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:27 am    Post subject: Re: 1967 cumulus white/sea blue SO?? westy Reply with quote

The knob ends up hidden inside the door.
oakman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:50 am    Post subject: Re: 1967 cumulus white/sea blue SO?? westy Reply with quote

AC Mack wrote:
Brandon. the clamp w/knob secures the closet at rear. Small clamp secures closet at cargo doors or ice box.. I think on page 9. The knobs were also used to secure rear seat / bed base to brackets.
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/archives/manuals/so42booklet.php

BarryL wrote:
The knob ends up hidden inside the door.

Cool, thanks guys. I don't know why I forgot to search the manuals Embarassed The interior is finally coming together!
oakman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 3:17 pm    Post subject: Re: 1967 cumulus white/sea blue SO?? westy Reply with quote

I sold this bus to a friend who bought it as a surprise gift for his wife (very lucky wife!) It is now running and driving and being enjoyed by a great family. As much as I wanted to hang on to this one, I needed to let it go after bringing home the so-35. I sent it away with an almost complete interior and most of the other parts that were missing when I got it.

I got to see it in action last weekend at the Heilite Mafia High Desert Campout. Great to see it being enjoyed by the new owners while they continue to work on and improve it.

Hope you guys enjoy!!
oakman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:14 pm    Post subject: Re: 1967 cumulus white/sea blue SO?? westy Reply with quote

Another Pop-top Westy in the classifieds with belly pans, steering lock and ?? Would like to see the m-plate. Non-walkthru.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2105737
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: