Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Unleaded Fuel only sticker
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
shugon29
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:33 pm    Post subject: Unleaded Fuel only sticker Reply with quote

Hello,
Does anyone have a late bay with original Unleaded Fuel sticker?
It will help me if anyone uplode an original sticker pic,
Thanks,
MorkC68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Unleaded Fuel only sticker Reply with quote

How soon do you want one?

I have the sticker on our westy, Ill be in the garage tomorrow. Its partly worn away though.

Unless someone else has a better photo to hand
- 180W Solar System

My blog: https://twolatebays.wordpress.com/
shugon29
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Unleaded Fuel only sticker Reply with quote

Thanks,
Take your time......I am looking for the sticker came above/under the fuel fill hole.
MorkC68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Unleaded Fuel only sticker Reply with quote

yes, that's the one!

Leave it with me Smile
- 180W Solar System

SGKent Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Unleaded Fuel only sticker Reply with quote

someone is repopping those for about $1 each. Can't tell the difference. I have one that someone sent as a gift when they bought a bunch but no idea where they got it. Want to say Westfabulous is the one who sent it to me but he has been gone since 2016. Would something like this work? It came up in a simple GOOGLE search. If you need help learning how to use search engines I'd be glad to help.

http://www.decalsonly.com/product_info.php/unleaded-fuel-only-decal-1980-1992-p-28

shugon29
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:55 am    Post subject: Re: Unleaded Fuel only sticker Reply with quote

MorkC68 - thanks for your help, of cores I can do a google search but I don't know what is the original sticker so I don't know what to search.
I think that the sticker in the link is the one that came behind the steering wheel and not the one that is locates above the fuel filling hole,
MorkC68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:22 am    Post subject: Re: Unleaded Fuel only sticker Reply with quote

Here you go buddy.

This is the one at the dashboard end of ours:

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

And this one is at the filler neck

As you can see, the filler neck on is worn away!
- 180W Solar System

70Crew
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Unleaded Fuel only sticker Reply with quote

Not exact but pretty close (although I'd want to get the dimensions). Black on clear vinyl.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/YAMAHA-R1-R6-YZF-R1-YZF-R6-...Sw6WdXij8g
SGKent Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Unleaded Fuel only sticker Reply with quote

as soon as the pain in my chest goes away from being hit in the MDX (not the bus TG) by someone who thought a green arrow meant Ok to go straight too, I'll get the box down that has the one sent to me by either Matt or Dan, scan it and post it. I sent a PM to the OP where mine came from because there were sheets of these around a couple years ago. I know they are still out there. Dan and Matt found them thru searches. Unfortunately the posts they put up of them in 2011 are on photobucket.
SGKent Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Unleaded Fuel only sticker Reply with quote

sorry it took so long. Haven't been able to get around much since the accident Sun eve.

tiff file
http://kentcomputer.com/77VW/unleaded.tiff

raygreenwood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Unleaded Fuel only sticker Reply with quote

SGKent wrote:
as soon as the pain in my chest goes away from being hit in the MDX (not the bus TG) by someone who thought a green arrow meant Ok to go straight too, I'll get the box down that has the one sent to me by either Matt or Dan, scan it and post it. I sent a PM to the OP where mine came from because there were sheets of these around a couple years ago. I know they are still out there. Dan and Matt found them thru searches. Unfortunately the posts they put up of them in 2011 are on photobucket.

Hope you are ok. The true effects from accidents are rarely immediately apparent....especially as we get older.... Wink

To address a comment from another answer in this thread.....the material for these decals....has never been "vinyl". Its Pet (polyester) more specifically......mylar...which is a brand/trade name for BoPet.....or biaxially oriented Pet. Yes....my acronym is correct. Its Polyester .....or in reality polyethylene terephthalate. It can easily be misconstrued in searches for polyethylene.

Be sure whomever is making these uses BoPet.....or they will not last long. Ray
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:40 am    Post subject: Re: Unleaded Fuel only sticker Reply with quote

The small sticker uses little BoPeet
raygreenwood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:18 am    Post subject: Re: Unleaded Fuel only sticker Reply with quote

Abscate wrote:
The small sticker uses little BoPeet

Laughing
Ray
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: