Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

3D Printing Vanagon parts
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
agon.parts
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:43 pm    Post subject: Re: 3D Printing Vanagon parts Reply with quote

Zeitgeist 13 wrote:
There's a stamped steel bracket which holds the switches behind the panel.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Perfect! Thanks for that. Are these relatively easy to find, scrap-wise? I would like to test the fitment eventually, unless there's a Syncro owner nearby that would like to meet up at some point. Laughing

FREEBIES: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkqzgREEtE9Aj7poRLxLuW-oGORuiQ?e=eSKThT
Zeitgeist 13
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:36 pm    Post subject: Re: 3D Printing Vanagon parts Reply with quote

Nothing Syncro specific is easy to find.

'89 Bluestar ALH w/12mm Waldo pump, PP764 and GT2052
'01 Weekender --> full camper
y u rune klassik?
unibagel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:10 am    Post subject: Re: 3D Printing Vanagon parts Reply with quote

I don't see why the stamped steel mount couldn't be a well designed 3D plastic part as well....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
agon.parts
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:10 am    Post subject: Re: 3D Printing Vanagon parts Reply with quote

unibagel wrote:
I don't see why the stamped steel mount couldn't be a well designed 3D plastic part as well....

Yea, that would be the next best thing. It would be just as easy to model as the other. The grounding points (I think that's what they are) would just have to tie back into the dash.

Does anybody have one that they are willing to share?

agon.parts
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:13 pm    Post subject: Re: 3D Printing Vanagon parts Reply with quote

Pcforno wrote:
Looks great!
Knobs are easily available but the plastic illuminated picture would still need to be made

I got the graphic designed and sourced.

Pcforno
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:20 am    Post subject: Re: 3D Printing Vanagon parts Reply with quote

Awesome! Did you see on he back the way the clear plastic attached to the design has fittings for the illumination bulbs?
dkoesyncro
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:43 am    Post subject: Re: 3D Printing Vanagon parts Reply with quote

Forrest,

That looks spot on! Somewhere, probably on the samba I seen an LED lit panel that was a personal retro fit that really cleaned up the original wiring/lighting in the back.

I can send you the steel panel if you want, LMK
agon.parts
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:32 pm    Post subject: Re: 3D Printing Vanagon parts Reply with quote

I'm moving this to a new topic: Syncro Locker Console | In Progress

agon.parts
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:25 pm    Post subject: Re: 3D Printing Vanagon parts Reply with quote

I'll be uploading 3D print files here: http://print.agon.parts/

If any of you have other files that you'd like to share in that directory, let me know and I can upload them! It would be great to have them all in one place! I would recommend the following naming convention:

username_Part-Name_v0.stl

DehlerPEB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:48 pm    Post subject: Re: 3D Printing Vanagon parts Reply with quote

T91Carat wrote:
I printed out some gauge pods this weekend and they came out much better than I thought they would. Will see how well they do when I install them in the coming weeks.

I tried a few I found out on thingiverse.com, but this appears to be the design that printed out best.

Do you have a thingiverse-ID on that?

My experiences of PLA at the dash show .... it's melting (to close to the glass temperature), so I would recommend ABS at least.

peb
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jerryherb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:56 pm    Post subject: Re: 3D Printing Vanagon parts Reply with quote

i own the dual head original makerbot and designed/printed a set of brackets (3) that hold the front washing fluid reservoir under the van in place. two out of three tabs on mine were broken so it was a no brainer after i replaced a broken washer pump and all seals. its been a year or so and they still hold perfect. I shaved off all of the old/broken broken tabs, resealed the outside of the tank with underbody rubber coat and it mounted under the van perfectly. the set is a bit bulky, but sturdy as hell. the tank rests on top of the brackets "glued" with more rubber undercoating after the install was complete.

also designed a crush insert/adapter for a rear table mod to join the bottom bracket and the metal pipe that fits inside the table leg to allow the table to raise over the stove/swing 180deg in my 83 AirCooled. this is for an older design, bottom bracket is entirely made of metal.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...p;start=60

I will post the designs here FOR FREE once i find them again. no offense, but the designs on shapeways are WAYs overpriced.
joethebeekeeper01
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:53 pm    Post subject: Re: 3D Printing Vanagon parts Reply with quote

Nothing super exciting but I modeled and printed the gauge cluster light housing. It's uploaded to thingiverse.

joethebeekeeper01
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:38 pm    Post subject: Re: 3D Printing Vanagon parts Reply with quote

I Just reverse engineered (generous wording) and printed a new utility hook up flap for the westy. It is posted to thingiverse: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2449384
agon.parts
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:26 pm    Post subject: Re: 3D Printing Vanagon parts Reply with quote

Hey Everyone,

Just throwing this out there again:

I'll be uploading 3D print files here: http://print.agon.parts/

If any of you have other files that you'd like to share in that directory, let me know and I can upload them! It would be great to have them all in one place! I would recommend the following naming convention:

username_Part-Name_v0.stl

Yellow Rabbit
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:47 am    Post subject: Re: 3D Printing Vanagon parts Reply with quote

I modeled this console to fit along side the passenger seat. I wanted something to hold a couple coffees and water bottles including a Nalgene. I have never printed anything this big but I know Shapeways has a machine large enough. I have several models on Shapeways and I’ve always been happy with their work. Boy was I surprised to see the price. I had expected a lot, but not $600. Oh well, time to try a different approach. Confused

Paulbeard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:41 pm    Post subject: Re: 3D Printing Vanagon parts Reply with quote

Yeah, that's a lot of material. If you had one to make a mold from, it might work out but you'd need to sell a bunch.

I suspect a "printed" replacement for the top part of the steering column would also be spendy.

Quote:
Git 'r DONE!
— dhaavers
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
nilza
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:07 pm    Post subject: Re: 3D Printing Vanagon parts Reply with quote

Hey ! Window regulator sliding parts at shapeways

https://www.shapeways.com/product/DWDV3TNNL/vanago...-inventory
Yellow Rabbit
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:23 pm    Post subject: Re: 3D Printing Vanagon parts Reply with quote

I printed this using the Shapeways strong and flexible material. I’ve opened and closed the cabinet dozens of times. So far, so good!

Mac_Daddy_Westy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:53 pm    Post subject: Re: 3D Printing Vanagon parts Reply with quote

has anyone thought or try to 3D print the South African Headlight grille? will this be too large and costly of materials?

on a smaller scale, can someone 3D print a windshield shade clip holder? I'll be happy to purchase.

Andre
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
T3 Pilot
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:05 pm    Post subject: Re: 3D Printing Vanagon parts Reply with quote

Ta da.....

http://www.van-cafe.com/sun-visor-clip-white

The most important part in every vehicle is the nut behind the wheel......
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Jump to:
Page 11 of 24

Jump to: