Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

classicvwrestoration.com - Steve Gray
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
elizarraga73
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:40 am    Post subject: classicvwrestoration.com - Steve Gray Reply with quote

Hi,

It happened to me, so it can happen to you, Steve Gray (815 993 0363) from ClassicVwRestoration is running a SCAM business, I was going to buy a VW Bettle from him, asked me for a deposit and when for personal reasons I ask for my deposit back, he denied to return it. This is wrong and this site should not allow having SCAM business here.

I hope you don't do business with them.

Regards,
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you go into more detail?

If you gave someone a deposit, it is often non-refundable as they have taken something off the market and/or spent money that could be lost if the sale is not completed.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
elizarraga73
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:34 pm    Post subject: Re: classicvwrestoration.com - Steve Gray Reply with quote

Sure, basically I was going to buy a 69 VW beetle from a friend’s of his, I waited weeks since his friend was retired and traveling according to him, when he was finally around Steve asked me to place a deposit to Make sure I was going to buy it, this deposit was retornable according to him, so few more weeks past by since he didn’t have the tile so this where it smell fishy and I bail out and asked for my deposit back, at first he say that he was going to send it back but he ever did, so I got tired and leave it for good.

At the end of the day, each business decided how they are going to behave and in this case they behaved as a scam business.
Ace
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:20 pm    Post subject: Re: classicvwrestoration.com - Steve Gray Reply with quote

No title means it was not legal to sell that car. Breach of contract. Money should be returned.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:56 pm    Post subject: Re: classicvwrestoration.com - Steve Gray Reply with quote

I emailed him about this thread
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Steven
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:59 am    Post subject: Re: classicvwrestoration.com - Steve Gray Reply with quote

To whom it my concern. I try to adhere to the saying, if you do not have anything good to say, do not say anything at all. With that said...
I will post how we handle this particular type of situation.
Once a customer has placed a deposit on a vehicle and has us perform work on it, the payment for that work becomes that customers responsibility. If he then decides not to purchase, the payment for the work performed is still due. If the work performed is more than the deposit placed, the deposit is forfeited and any remaining balance is still owed.
We stand by our policies and this company does not appreciate name calling and any other form of verbal abuse. It will also not give in to threats of negative feedback via Social media or any other form of intimidation.
The 69 Bug in question is at our facility, with its, clean and clean title.
Anyone wanting to come and see it and or discuss this situation, I would be glad to meet with you in person.
Now with all that being said, this bug is still available to Enrique for the original price he negotiated and agreed to. If he does not follow thru with his obligation in a reasonable amount of time, it will be made available to someone else.
Thank you for reading.
Ace
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:28 pm    Post subject: Re: classicvwrestoration.com - Steve Gray Reply with quote

You did not have title. You can not legally sell. You had a failure to perform on a contract. He could not legally buy the car. None of any of which you stated is related to the buyer. Your policies contradict law in this matter. Court of law will give him his money back.
vwinnovator
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:44 pm    Post subject: Re: classicvwrestoration.com - Steve Gray Reply with quote

sounds like a little more going on here than the potential buyer is revealing.

If I understand correctly, It seems like the buyer agreed to buy the car as well as requested certain work be preformed to it.

If Steven was authorized to sell the car and was simply awaiting a title in transit,
then there is no fault to place on Steven.

As it appears, the potential buyer authorized? work to be performed on the vehicle? If so, the buyer is fully responsible for those charges.

It's in the best interest for the buyer to follow through.
elizarraga73
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:00 am    Post subject: Re: classicvwrestoration.com - Steve Gray Reply with quote

As you can all see Steven is pretty good in creating good tales, unfortunately, this tale is not true, let me try to present real facts:

1) I was planning to buy this car with clean title, Steven couldn't deliver a clean title for different reasons (according to him) for months, again I waited months for this clean title.
2) Steven ask me for a deposit of $500 in advance, which I send it to him.
3) I never agree to any repair to this car, since I wasn't sure if he was going to get the title.
3) After all this time, I decided not to buy it, since this deal smells fishy, and I guess I was sure about this since now he doesn't want to return this deposit.

The bottom line is, Steven in my opinion is running a scam business, I guess we all decide to run a business as we like, but risking your business prestige for stealing money is pathetic.

Last edited by elizarraga73 on Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:30 am; edited 1 time in total
vwinnovator
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:22 am    Post subject: Re: classicvwrestoration.com - Steve Gray Reply with quote

elizarraga73 wrote:
As you can all see Steven is pretty good in creating good tales, unfortunately, this tale is not true, let me try to present real facts:

1) I was planning to buy this car with clean title, Steven couldn't deliver a clean title for different reasons (according to him) for months, again I waited months for this clean title.
2) Steven ask me for a deposit of $500 in advance, which I send it to him.
3) I never agree to any repair to this car, since I wasn't sure if he was going to get the title.
3) After all this time, I decided not to buy it, since this deal smells fishy, and I guess I was sure about this since now he doesn't want to return this deposit.

The bottom line is, Steven is running a scam business, I guess we all decide to run a business as we like, but risking your business prestige for stealing money is pathetic.

then I have a couple questions to make sense of this:
-did Steven say the car needed a few repairs before you could have it?
-did you agree to purchase the car with knowledge of it needing those repairs and once they were completed?

I doubt any shop would just do repairs to someone else's car just randomly without some kind of authorization or purchase agreement in place.

I fail to see a scam going on here. I only see a buyers remorse.

I've never met Steven, but if he has the title in hand now, and the car is ready to go, and the agreed purchase price has not changed, then just follow through with your purchase and you lose nothing more than a couple month of waiting while the "grey areas" came through.

It's up to you to make it a win/win or to walk away with a loss.

what kind of bug it it anyways? year?, model? pic? price?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: