Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Fast Times at Farmington #28 Oct 15 (NC)
Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
southeastvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:04 pm    Post subject: Fast Times at Farmington #28 Oct 15 (NC) Reply with quote

Fast Times at Farmington #28 Oct 15
All VW Car Show, Drag Racing and Swap meet
Held at the Farmington Dragway in Mocksville, NC

- Gates open at 8am
- Admission $15 (12 & under free)
- FREE CAMPING
- vendor and camping setup on Saturday time TBA
- Used Swap meet Space $35 for a 10x10 space..includes one admission
- show car entry $10 (Special prizes for just show participants)
- Pre-registration for show cars is recommended

Farmington is one of the Largest Drag Racing events on the East Coast. This event dates back to the mid 80's with the IVWA. In the late 90's and early 2000's they dropped the event. We started it back in 2002 and still active to this day with events every May and Oct.
The swap meet for this is event is one of the MUST attend events for the east coast with over 75 new and used parts vendors.
The largest racers purse on the East Coast with a total of over $4000 will be given out in 3 classes. Will you be the one to take home the money? Plus for the Fall event we will have 3 heads up classes! We welcome back the ECPRA Pro Stocks, Aircooled Street Association and our Pro outlaw class. Gonna be a HOT TIME on the track, records are sure to be broke too.
The show car area has over 30 classes for every model of VW with special awards.

More info at http://www.kandlmotorsports.com/farm/farmington.htm

If you are on Facebook, be sure to share and invite your friends with our event page https://www.facebook.com/events/1863418390582027/

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Link

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
southeastvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Fast Times at Farmington #28 Oct 15 (NC) Reply with quote

Have you registered your VW for the show yet?
Take a look the link below for a full list of classes and click on the registration link at the top of the page to register
Registering online, helps us have a faster process on Day of show. If you would rather send information via email or PM, that is ok too. email:[email protected]

Attention all Watercooled Show attendees! Tom Landock of Everything Euro in Winston Salem, will be awarding $50 cash to the 1st place winner in each of the Watercooled Only classes. Be sure to like and share his Facebook page and if you are in need of any work on your VW,they work on Air
and Watercooled. https://www.facebook.com/everythingeuro/

Show class info http://www.kandlmotorsports.com/farm/showclasses.htm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
southeastvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Fast Times at Farmington #28 Oct 15 (NC) Reply with quote

Looking for some new parts, Be sure to check these guys out and give them a call with your needs and pickup at the event.

Carolina Dune Buggies
http://carolinadunebuggies.com/
Monkey Nut Vintage VW out of Charlotte with their Vintage Speed parts and more. http://www.monkeynutvw.com/
Jarrett Import.....Jimmy Jarrett and the crew will be out in the tractor trailer.
276-957-2404
Keith Auto Parts http://keithsautoparts.com/

More to come!
southeastvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Fast Times at Farmington #28 Oct 15 (NC) Reply with quote

2 weeks away! Still plenty of time to pre-register! Lets get more of them rolling in so we can speed up our time at the registration table. Click the link below for a list of classes (please take note that we have Split up the Beetle classes and added some watercooled) so some numbers have changed. http://www.kandlmotorsports.com/farm/showclasses.htm
hazetguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:43 am    Post subject: Re: Fast Times at Farmington #28 Oct 15 (NC) Reply with quote

the racetrack website shows a major drag racing event going on saturday. for those that plan on showing up on saturday, be prepared for a late night before being able to get set up, especially vendors.

looking forward to the show. i've got a lot of parts to get rid of, so look for my 'on a budget' $1 and $5 tarps, and of course my 'boutique' table for those with more refined tastes. Wink
southeastvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Fast Times at Farmington #28 Oct 15 (NC) Reply with quote

Here is the layout for the event. Please have this in mind as you enter on Saturday night or Sunday morning. Saturday evening parking will be done as soon as it is possible after their event or when their racers free up areas. We welcome you to come out that night to camp, park race trailers, swap meet etc. We will post updates of when more parking is available. If you wait until Sunday morning, please follow the direction of our show personnel to get you to the correct spot. To park in the show car area, it is $10, so be prepared to pay after you enter the gate and proceed to the left. If you have a VW on a trailer for the show area, please find a spot in the back field or down the side road as you enter. You may not be able to go to show area to unload, if it is later in the morning. As always, if you have any questions, please let us know.
Sunday Gates open at 7am for Vendors, 8am for spectators. Admission $15 (12 & under free)

GarryA
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:30 am    Post subject: Re: Fast Times at Farmington #28 Oct 15 (NC) Reply with quote

I would like to thank all that made this event possible. The promoters, organizers, racers, vendors and participants. I have been going to VW shows at Farmington since the 80s and it was great to see such a large gathering.
hazetguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:57 am    Post subject: Re: Fast Times at Farmington #28 Oct 15 (NC) Reply with quote

show was pretty good. weather was weird, but it was nice overall. once the fog burned off it got a bit warm, but that was fine, it wasn't cold with the fog anyway. swap seemed ok, but i heard from a lot of vendors that sales were so-so. there were a couple vendors that had some great nos stuff at good prices, and i saw lots of good deals happening. i thought there were a few too many non-vw flea market type vendors, but whatever works i guess.

the drag racing the night before went till 11:15pm and they finally called it off due to fog! there were only a few rounds to go, but it was still awfully late before all the drag racing was over.

thanks again to everyone who puts on this show. looking forward to the spring show!
JWDII
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:40 am    Post subject: Re: Fast Times at Farmington #28 Oct 15 (NC) Reply with quote

Great event overall! Large crowd ,I haven't seen it like that in years! It almost looked like the IVWA in the 90's. Great turn out of drag cars also. I never thought I would see Pat Downs At the farm but I'm glad I did. There was a nice mix of show cars and vendors also. Me and my 6yr old son had a great time .I had to make him leave before racing was over to make our 3 hour trek back home for school today. Thanks again to all the folks who make this event keep going. Smile
southeastvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:34 am    Post subject: Re: Fast Times at Farmington #28 Oct 15 (NC) Reply with quote

WOW! What an event! We were expecting a good turnout, but what we got was out of this world!
Sunday started out foggy, but it burned away to a gorgeous Blue sky day.We had just over 2000 spectators, 200 VWs in the show area, 80 racers and around 60 vendors. This was the Largest Turnout for the Fall event ever! Lots of Beautiful VWs in the show area, weather they were on Display or to be judged. Everything from Trikes, Kit Cars, stock, modified, full custom or our late model Watercooled brothers. The vendor area included some nice NOS parts, used goodies and a wide selection of new parts. The racer area, well if you didn't check out these FAST VWs, you missed out! We had several Headsup Classes from the ECPRA Pro Stocks, Pro Outlaw and the Aircooled Street Association, plus our 3 bracket classes that were competing for the SEVWA Championship.

We certainly hope you all had a great time! This is what it is all about! We have heard from some of you at the event about making some improvements to the show area and we will look into that for our 2018 year. If you have a question or comments about the show, please let us know. We want to hear from you!
Our 2018 Schedule will be out soon, First event is Jan 27th with the Winter Volksfest at the NC State Fairgrounds in Raleigh, NC, and back in the bigger Expo Building. Registration will be open in late November for that event.
We would like to Thank our Family and Friends that help us with portions of the event and all the track personnel that
help the day go smoothly on the track. Most importantly, YOU the VW Enthusiast, without YOU these events wouldn't be possible! For all of you that are only minutes away, to those that drive for hours and some days to make the event.

Results and Photos, plus some videos, will be posted up soon, So stay tuned!
southeastvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:34 am    Post subject: Re: Fast Times at Farmington #28 Oct 15 (NC) Reply with quote

Farmington event shirts....as you know we sold out at 11am. We can get another order and I can ship them. But how many of you would like to get one that wasn't able to get one? Also, I will be changing up how we do shirt orders from now on, as it seems I missed quite a few of you. I am sorry about that!
Just respond to this message on how many you would like and we can see if I can justify another order. If we do, everything will be done through Paypal or Square, that way there will be a running list with all the info.
Thanks Kathy
southeastvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Fast Times at Farmington #28 Oct 15 (NC) Reply with quote

Fast Times at Farmington Photos
The wait is finally over for Photos from the event! I know I got more
coming from 3 other people, include drone coverage. So stay tuned.
Been a busy week, awards list are coming up next, plus SEVWA Points
rundown and race winners of the event.

If you are interested in purchasing any photos from 1320 Photography,
please give Chuck a message. Would like to thank Conner Mitchell for
all the photos of the show area with my camera. And all the other
photos, soon to come from Andrew Banjak, Everhart Photography and
Billy Futch.

https://1320photography.smugmug.com/Racingcars/Fast-times-at-Farmington-28/
http://www.kandlmotorsports.com/farm/2017/OCT17/index.htm

southeastvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Fast Times at Farmington #28 Oct 15 (NC) Reply with quote

It has been a busy couple of weeks for me (Kathy) since Farmington! I have finally completed the website updates for the Farmington weekend. Certainly appreciate your patience.
We hope that you all had a great time! Be sure to mark your calendar for May 20th and Oct 21st for the next Farmington events. But don't forget about the rest of our events! We will have an updated schedule on our website soon.
Click on our website below to view a complete list of winners and all the show photos.
http://www.kandlmotorsports.com
southeastvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:10 am    Post subject: Re: Fast Times at Farmington #28 Oct 15 (NC) Reply with quote

Ready for a drone video from Farmington? Here it Is! Thanks go out to Billy Futch for putting it together! Enjoy and share with your friends.

Link

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: