Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

1965 Velvet Green
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:39 pm    Post subject: Re: 1965 Velvet Green Reply with quote

Nice work!

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Great to see how those get installed, thanks for that pic
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
GERMANAIRE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:55 pm    Post subject: Re: 1965 Velvet Green Reply with quote

Thanks Everett, I applied glue to the underside of the metal lip and on the edge of the matt. I let it dry to tacky then folded over and applied the metal binder clips. Once dry applied more glue to inner backing and door seal let dry to tacky and installed door seal. Both held their place perfectly.
Those metal binder clips come in handy for many things. Headliner, seat mats, door panels etc. Just got my first positive comment from you Thanks and first inquiry if i'm interested in selling Shocked Crazy!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
oakman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:31 pm    Post subject: Re: 1965 Velvet Green Reply with quote

Your bus looks killer! Nice job on the interior panels, they look great!
zuggbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:17 am    Post subject: Re: 1965 Velvet Green Reply with quote

Looks great Pete
wcfvw69 Premium Member
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:38 am    Post subject: Re: 1965 Velvet Green Reply with quote

Well done!

Decades of VW and VW parts restoration experience.
The Samba member since 2004.

**Now rebuilding throttle bodies for VW's and Porsche's**
**Restored German Bosch distributors for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored German Pierburg fuel pumps for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche fuel pumps or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche distributors or I can restore yours**
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
GERMANAIRE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:45 am    Post subject: Re: 1965 Velvet Green Reply with quote

Thanks you guys, I appreciate your comments they are motivating me to finish this Bus. I hopefully will be posting more pics today Cool
BarryL Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:51 am    Post subject: Re: 1965 Velvet Green Reply with quote

What an incredible amount of innovation and creativity not to mention commitment to the long run. Every time you see those panels out of the corner of your eyes while driving or when you push open a door or see them open has got to feel good. Detail detail detail on that door strap.
SamboSamba22
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:18 pm    Post subject: Re: 1965 Velvet Green Reply with quote

That is without question, door panel surgery.

Oct. ’67 Double Cab (’68 Crew Cab)
[url=http://www.vw-mplate.com/mplate-44412.png]Click to view image[/URL]
March '69 Delivery (Panel Bus)
[url=http://www.vw-mplate.com/mplate-44414.png]Click to view image[/URL]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Skim
Rants Master

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:21 am    Post subject: Re: 1965 Velvet Green Reply with quote

One word on that interior revival WOW! 👍👍
1954 Sunroof
1959 Lowlight Ghia vert
1960 Lt Grey Double Cab SMZ LEGIT
1963 Deluxe Turkis Walk Thru 15 Window OG Paint
obus Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:56 am    Post subject: Re: 1965 Velvet Green Reply with quote

Wow! Great work!!!
1960 Paprika Red Karmann Ghia Convertible aka Schatze L452 built 5/20/60
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...highlight=
66 21 window bus built 8/31/65 https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=777273
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
GERMANAIRE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:31 pm    Post subject: Re: 1965 Velvet Green Reply with quote

Thanks BarryL,Sambo, Skim and obus!!! I have been working overtime on this puppy and just about done. I wanted to post pics yesterday and today but am gonna wait til Tuesday or Wednesday when I pull the bus out in the driveway and get the finished pics. Breather, exhaust, rear bumper, all electrical, front kick panels and wipers are finished. Rear apron, decklid and seal will be finished on Tuesday when I get home from work. Man this bus has been a long road for me. I have taken breaks here and there but has been the most welding on a vw that I have ever done and I am proud of the work on this bus. This by no means is a trailer queen but a true family cruiser. Til Tuesday Wink
Skim
Rants Master

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:06 pm    Post subject: Re: 1965 Velvet Green Reply with quote

GERMANAIRE wrote:
Thanks BarryL,Sambo, Skim and obus!!! I have been working overtime on this puppy and just about done. I wanted to post pics yesterday and today but am gonna wait til Tuesday or Wednesday when I pull the bus out in the driveway and get the finished pics. Breather, exhaust, rear bumper, all electrical, front kick panels and wipers are finished. Rear apron, decklid and seal will be finished on Tuesday when I get home from work. Man this bus has been a long road for me. I have taken breaks here and there but has been the most welding on a vw that I have ever done and I am proud of the work on this bus. This by no means is a trailer queen but a true family cruiser. Til Tuesday Wink

You should be proud. You knocked it out fast Cool
1954 Sunroof
1959 Lowlight Ghia vert
Skim
Rants Master

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:17 am    Post subject: Re: 1965 Velvet Green Reply with quote

GERMANAIRE wrote:
Thanks Everett, I applied glue to the underside of the metal lip and on the edge of the matt. I let it dry to tacky then folded over and applied the metal binder clips. Once dry applied more glue to inner backing and door seal let dry to tacky and installed door seal. Both held their place perfectly.
Those metal binder clips come in handy for many things. Headliner, seat mats, door panels etc. Just got my first positive comment from you Thanks and first inquiry if i'm interested in selling Shocked Crazy!!!

Thanks so much for this info!!!!
1954 Sunroof
1959 Lowlight Ghia vert
GERMANAIRE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:10 am    Post subject: Re: 1965 Velvet Green Reply with quote

Thanks Skim, I have been doing the finishing touches and waiting on my hubcaps to get here. I have been wanting to take pics outside since the weather has been real nice here lately. This Bus drives Awesome, I have been cruising the neighborhood, no issues and tight bro! Cant wait to drive it out to to a park with the wife , kids and dogs and just relax with a nice picnic and grill out. Your progress is amazing my friend. The work on that bus is crazy! Cant wait to see your Family cruising pics. Keep up the Great Work talk soon. Wink Very Happy Cool
GERMANAIRE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:07 pm    Post subject: Re: 1965 Velvet Green Reply with quote

OG Hubcaps on for now, new ones didn't arrive today either Sad
Took it out on the road around the neighborhood and to the gas station.
We had a blast and the wife and kids are begging me not to get rid of it. But I Love finding and building them and itching for a Euro Ragtop or Vert. Plus as back up 13 window a friend is willing to sell me on the cheap cheap!! Who knows Wink Cool ( I know I'm crazy and really need a break and a vacation Very Happy ) Here are some sundown pics of Bus this evening!! OH Yeah Check out the mileage. Good starting point, put 12 miles on this cruise! Very Happy

SamboSamba22
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:49 pm    Post subject: Re: 1965 Velvet Green Reply with quote

Looking really good man. Paint looks clean and crisp. Don’t go chasing after beetles, buses are the true VW gem.
I’m sure the neighbors are happy you “restored” it! Laughing

Oct. ’67 Double Cab (’68 Crew Cab)
[url=http://www.vw-mplate.com/mplate-44412.png]Click to view image[/URL]
March '69 Delivery (Panel Bus)
[url=http://www.vw-mplate.com/mplate-44414.png]Click to view image[/URL]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Skim
Rants Master

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:03 pm    Post subject: Re: 1965 Velvet Green Reply with quote

Damn that's beautiful
1954 Sunroof
1959 Lowlight Ghia vert
GERMANAIRE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:10 pm    Post subject: Re: 1965 Velvet Green Reply with quote

Oh yeah they are! Gave the one to my left a ride and he said he was impressed with me with the overall bus and how well it drove. Wifey says I'm crazy but like the thought of a vert, I have never owned one. The have had ragtops but would like a euro if any. Thanks for the comments Sambo. Will be giving the bus its first wash and wax this weekend and putting on the new hucaps. Hopefully some scenic pics as well. Thanks again Very Happy
GERMANAIRE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:17 pm    Post subject: Re: 1965 Velvet Green Reply with quote

Thanks Skim!! Been a long road brotha! Glad this ones done. Taking a break but my mind is working ahead and body asking for some relaxation. Who knows, for now just enjoying this one. Your seats are comin out sweet Bro!
Keep the pics comin. Your corner window is off the chain and hard to find in that shape. Your very Lucky Cool
BarryL Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:09 am    Post subject: Re: 1965 Velvet Green Reply with quote

Like a fresh purchase from back in '65, even had to scrub the coating off the the thinwall from the dealer.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: