Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Tampa V-DUB club, Tampa, Fl
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 56, 57, 58
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr. Unpopular
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:50 am    Post subject: Re: Tampa V-DUB club, Tampa, Fl Reply with quote

The weather was awesome and we had 106 cars show up. This is really starting to become an awesome event. Next year we're shooting to have camping Saturday night.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
gondiwindi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Tampa V-DUB club, Tampa, Fl Reply with quote

I sadly had to miss it all. I had to leave to do some work in New England.

Bulli Brigade and Bug Jam up next right?
Mr. Unpopular
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Tampa V-DUB club, Tampa, Fl Reply with quote

Yup, I plan to be at both.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
thistle3437
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Tampa V-DUB club, Tampa, Fl Reply with quote

Yo-

have fallen off my 12 step VW program after many years of boat addiction and purchased a '68 Fastback. Have wanted one for quite a few years. subscribed to Local Volks and just checking in to see if there is any more info about the VW scene in the Tampa/St Pete area.

Look forward to hooking up with some volks. . .

--JP
gondiwindi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Tampa V-DUB club, Tampa, Fl Reply with quote

The Tampa Bay scene on the samba died a long and drawn out death back in the 80's. I personally assign the blame to two events that were body blows.

1) The sale and resulting closure of Classic Camber. Say what you want about that shop but they did sponsor and whip events into shape.

2) Sven leaving the scene and taking his Golden Tickets with him.

That being said. I do take my bus to the monthly Reeves show in Tampa. Not purely for VWs but its well attended and has got a proper car show feel.
Mr. Unpopular
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Tampa V-DUB club, Tampa, Fl Reply with quote

The VW scene is actually alive and well, it just doesn't get posted to the Samba because (unfortunately) forums are dying in favor of Facebook.

We have a monthly meet the 3rd Saturday evening at the "Clearwater Mall" at Gulf-To-Bay and 19 at 6pm.

We also have a "dubs and donuts" the last Sunday of every month in Tarpon.

There's a group that meets in East Tampa/Brandon area about once a week.

All of these are all posted in Local Volks on Facebook.

Don't forget, the Lakeland VW Classic is coming up this weekend (March 16-17). That's usually a pretty big event.
thistle3437
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Tampa V-DUB club, Tampa, Fl Reply with quote

Thanks for the info! I got father in law duty this weekend but will be sure to hit the meet ups. Haven’t been on Facebook in years but did sign up for Local Volks email thread on their website.
gondiwindi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Tampa V-DUB club, Tampa, Fl Reply with quote

There are still a lot of old VWs driving around the Tampa, St Pete, Clearwater area. I went to my local Publix the other day and there was a neat little white 1968 bay window in the parking lot. I have never seen it at any shows but they have a habit of popping up. The weather also plays into our scene or use of these cars. Sure the brave ones can deal with the heat and humidity without AC. Still it’s the opposite challenges that our friends up north deal have to deal with.
gondiwindi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Tampa V-DUB club, Tampa, Fl Reply with quote

Reeves car show this coming Saturday from 7-9am. Hope to see some old German steel there. I own the 1967 tan panel so please stop by and say hi!
Mr. Unpopular
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Tampa V-DUB club, Tampa, Fl Reply with quote

I plan to be there. We usually get a few other air-cooled VW and Porsche guys that attend as well.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 56, 57, 58
Jump to:
Page 58 of 58

Jump to: