Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

GO DODGERS!
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Erik G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:16 pm    Post subject: Re: GO DODGERS! Reply with quote

best world series I've watched. I'm glad we have a break tonight. Houston people are pretty groggy today. We all need a greasy cheeseburger and a nap
Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:39 pm    Post subject: Re: GO DODGERS! Reply with quote

It's been a crazy series, and the game has sure evolved almost to strikeouts and home run derby. After I watched the Steelers win, watched final 2.5 hours of the WS game. Quite wild, and that comes from a Pittsburgh guy who actually attended WS Game #7 in 1960, when Pirates beat the Yankees 10-9 (Oct. 13, 1960).

Last night's game took 5 hours 17 minutes; 1960 WS game 7 with 19 runs took 2 hours 36 minutes.
1970 VW (owned since 1972) and 1971 VW Convertible (owned since 1976), second owner of each. The '71 now has the 1835 engine, swapped from the '70. Second owner of each. 1988 Mazda B2200 truck, 1998 Frontier, 2014 Yukon, 2004 Frontier King Cab. All manual transmission except for the Yukon. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335294 http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335297
crofty
Judas of the North

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:21 am    Post subject: Re: GO DODGERS! Reply with quote

c21darrel wrote:
Embarassed ^^

That game was completely unexpected. Kershaw and Keuchel both bounced early and Kenley Jansen giving up the winning run. I would have expected a low scoring game, 25 runs? Clearly the 2 best teams in baseball came to play.
Verlander and Hill coming up. Verlander will pitch until his arm falls off.

I hope verlander can do it tonight but there was that that one game he pitched n SF...

HamburgerBrad wrote:

I slept on crofty's tent once. I passed out drunk from two bottles of Everett's brother's wine.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
c21darrel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:10 pm    Post subject: Re: GO DODGERS! Reply with quote

would be awesome for Verlander to go the distance tonight. A complete game world series victory. Go Stros
Sorry Dodgers, I tried to pull for you but I noticed every game I wasn't. you should never have taken the $$ and F'ed the fans. Karma.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=693583&highlight=67+dc
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:50 pm    Post subject: Re: GO DODGERS! Reply with quote

I don't follow the game closely, but I like to watch good playoff ball. Sunday night's game was unreal. Never seen anything quite like that. Tonight's game may not be as exciting, but so far it is entertaining.

Rooting for the Astros since I don't have a dog in the fight and they are the underdog. Also, I generally root against anything having to do with LA. Wink
sb001
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:03 pm    Post subject: Re: GO DODGERS! Reply with quote

Pederson needs to sit his loudmouth A$$ down and STFU.

3-1 bad guys... Twisted Evil

1969 autostick sedan, family owned since new
1600 SP engine
Solex 30 PICT 3 carburetor
Bosch 113905205AE autostick distributor
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:42 am    Post subject: Re: GO DODGERS! Reply with quote

Yeah, maybe he should make eye gestures like the good sport on the other bench?

Pederson's gestures were to his teammate (whom he had bet), and not taunting to the other side.

Game 7 will be epic. No holds barred. Hell, the peanut vendor may be called in to pitch.

There have never been two more competitive and closely matched teams in a series. The sponsors could not have scripted this better.

First World Series Game 7 in the 55 year history of Dodger Stadium (the third oldest in the majors). Let's break it in with a WIN FOR VIN (and Tommy)!

Last edited by KTPhil on Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
c21darrel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:32 pm    Post subject: Re: GO DODGERS! Reply with quote

Game 7 and it comes down to Darvish and McCuller. Crazy. I give the edge to Darvish who disintegrated in the 2nd inning of his last start. Guessing just about everyone on both staffs are available to pitch. After the previous 6 games I got no idea whats gonna happen, but i'll be watching. Very Happy Go Stros. Confused
sb001
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:00 pm    Post subject: Re: GO DODGERS! Reply with quote

PLEEAASE show a shot of Pederson now!!! Razz

1600 SP engine
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:57 am    Post subject: Re: GO DODGERS! Reply with quote

sb001 wrote:

Crying or Very sad

GOFUNDYOURSELF, quit asking everyone to do it for you!

An air cooled VW will make you a hoarder.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:04 am    Post subject: Re: GO DODGERS! Reply with quote

sb001 wrote:

I must say your lack of sportsmanship fits your infielder to a tee.

Cowardly for MLB to postpone his 5-game suspension into the regular season next year. Sounds like they took a cue from the NFL on wrist-slapping with a wink.

The Astros actually had fewer hits in game 7 but made them count. That was the difference in the game. The Dodgers left 10 men on base! Inexcusable in the big game. It looks like the Astro's pitching coach figured out how to tie up Bellinger and Turner well enough to snuff out rallies before they got out of hand, and that made all the difference last night.

Congrats to the champs!

(and see you next year!)
ROCKOROD71
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:23 am    Post subject: Re: GO DODGERS! Reply with quote

weep-wamp.
Wait, now that the National league champ isdetermined, when do they play the American league champ? Laughing

30 years from now, the next guy may not want your girlfriend, but he may want your classic car, depending on how nice you were to it.

asiab3 wrote:

Careful guys, a petulant child can grow up to be president these days.

**winter drivers: no survivors!**rust warrior**#keepbodyshopsbusy**
Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:43 am    Post subject: Re: GO DODGERS! Reply with quote

KTPhil wrote:
The Astros actually had fewer hits in game 7 but made them count. That was the difference in the game. The Dodgers left 10 men on base! Inexcusable in the big game. It looks like the Astro's pitching coach figured out how to tie up Bellinger and Turner well enough to snuff out rallies before they got out of hand, and that made all the difference last night.

Agree. Dodgers needed to score some runs early to keep in the game mentally. Bellinger terrible throw in first inning was huge.
1970 VW (owned since 1972) and 1971 VW Convertible (owned since 1976), second owner of each. The '71 now has the 1835 engine, swapped from the '70. Second owner of each. 1988 Mazda B2200 truck, 1998 Frontier, 2014 Yukon, 2004 Frontier King Cab. All manual transmission except for the Yukon. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335294 http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335297
sb001
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:36 am    Post subject: Re: GO DODGERS! Reply with quote

yeesh-didn't need to see this

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

1600 SP engine
c21darrel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:52 pm    Post subject: Re: GO DODGERS! Reply with quote

Charlie Morton was awesome. Congrats to the Astros. Well deserved.

The reason for the 5 game suspension next year was because any suspension during the series would have been appealed and would have taken til after the series anyway. Just like Chase Utleys "slide" into second in the 2015 NLDS...it was decided in March 2016. Now we have the "Utley rule" regarding sliding into the base and not the player.
Erik G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:00 pm    Post subject: Re: GO DODGERS! Reply with quote

Downtown was nuts after the game and it's nuts again today. I'd share pics but I don't have a free photo host I can use from work anymore (ugh photobucket)
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: