Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 91, 92, 93 ... 135, 136, 137  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
bobbyblack Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:23 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

This should get a few good guffaws..

$1500 for an '81 AC van, nothing special. Oh, no pictures and no title... I'll be right over!!!

I'd give $350 tops

https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/cto/d/1981-red-volkswagen-vanagon/6371262163.html
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:33 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

This psycho has chopped a hole in the driver's rear quarter to "install an air conditioner"!! I guess that is why it is listed for $18K ??? Otherwise, maybe the seller was thinking the value of sitting next to a Rialta and a Thing would boost the baseline price to "insane deal!"

https://desmoines.craigslist.org/ctd/d/1987-volkswagen-vanagon-mini/6357797702.html
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:39 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

Reality check? CAN this be an '88 ????

https://fargo.craigslist.org/cto/d/1988-volkswagen-vanagon/6339774610.html

Looks awful strange for a late model, I can't decide if someone is just not knowing what they are supposed to look like, or what...(me mostly) Maybe its just the single round headlight grill that is playing with my mind.

$9450
Tobias Duncan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

bobbyblack wrote:

Looks awful strange for a late model, I can't decide if someone is just not knowing what they are supposed to look like, or what...(me mostly) Maybe its just the single round headlight grill that is playing with my mind.

$9450

That is just an email collecting scam.
crazyvwvanman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

Not an 88. Could be 82, more likely 83. Possibly a diesel.

Mark

bobbyblack wrote:

$9450
WedgeAntillies
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:28 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

$900 for a used Square Headlight grill and lights? 😱 Even in Canadian funds that is ridiculous. For that price you could have a new complete South African grill set up.

http://www.usedvictoria.com/classified-ad/Volkswagen-Vanagon-Headlight-assembly-and-grill_30860012

Quote:
I have the 4 square headlight assembly and grill from my 1988 VW Vanagon for sale. Will fit on all Vanagons.. Stock for 1986-1992 years).
Passenger side is in perfect condition, The drivers side inner light (high beam) has one small rock ship. I also have a spare for that light with one small crack on it but all in working order. Will need a few mounting adjusters, still available at about $12 a piece.

These are no longer available. Will only sell as a complete package

Jake de Villiers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:47 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

WedgeAntillies wrote:
$900 for a used Square Headlight grill and lights? 😱 Even in Canadian funds that is ridiculous. For that price you could have a new complete South African grill set up.

http://www.usedvictoria.com/classified-ad/Volkswagen-Vanagon-Headlight-assembly-and-grill_30860012

Quote:
I have the 4 square headlight assembly and grill from my 1988 VW Vanagon for sale. Will fit on all Vanagons.. Stock for 1986-1992 years).
Passenger side is in perfect condition, The drivers side inner light (high beam) has one small rock ship. I also have a spare for that light with one small crack on it but all in working order. Will need a few mounting adjusters, still available at about $12 a piece.

It says $850.00 in the ad.

And its for a $yncro!! Cool
http://sites.google.com/site/subyjake/mydixiedarlin%27
www.crescentbeachguitar.com
www.thebassspa.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
WedgeAntillies
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

Jake de Villiers wrote:
WedgeAntillies wrote:

Quote:

It says $850.00 in the ad.

And its for a $yncro!! Cool

haha. It also looks like he took the ad down completely. The original link I posted works, but if I go to Used Victoria to look for the ad again it doesn't show up.
OddN
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:01 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

Real original syncro 16 or not:

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2105525

Advertised as a syncro 16 but those wheelarches seems more like the Terrawagen ones. And the front arches are also attached to the fenders, instead of to the doors like a real 16 inch syncro.

Rear trailing arms looks like 14 inch items as well:

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

crazyvwvanman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

It is nice when they have added upgrades like this new 3 window canvas.
Wait, I have to go outside and use a ladder to open or close the tent windows?

Mark
WedgeAntillies
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

crazyvwvanman wrote:

Mark

at least the tent is not upside down. Confused
Jake de Villiers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

WedgeAntillies wrote:
crazyvwvanman wrote:

Mark

at least the tent is not upside down. Confused

Bonus!! Very Happy
www.thebassspa.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
danfromsyr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:57 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

ok here's a fun one..
cookie for the 1st to spot the problem with this ad/van.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2114275

Quote:
1986 Volkswagen Vanagon Westfalia Poptop Weekender Price: $9500
1986 Volkswagen vanagon westfalia pop top weekender with a 2.1 4cylinder engine and automatic transmission both in working order with only 74K original miles van is all original with original paint and has been in California it's whole life and has zero rust it does need a new canvas and interior needs some attention but is all complete including the 3rd rear facing jump seat we do have but it needs to be redone van runs great current registration and smog check just done van is a true 1 owner and again is all original with low miles clean ca title asking $9500

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
WedgeAntillies
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:04 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

danfromsyr wrote:
ok here's a fun one..
cookie for the 1st to spot the problem with this ad/van.

Quote:
1986 Volkswagen vanagon westfalia pop top weekender with a 2.1 4cylinder engine and automatic transmission both in working order with only 74K original miles van is all original with original paint and has been in California it's whole life and has zero rust it does need a new canvas and interior needs some attention but is all complete including the 3rd rear facing jump seat we do have but it needs to be redone van runs great current registration and smog check just done van is a true 1 owner and again is all original with low miles clean ca title asking $9500

Wow, the very rare inside/oustide two tone original paint. Nice!
raoul mitgong
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:21 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

Don't be nit-picky. The original paint is likely right there under the blue just as the seller stated, "with original paint".
-d
91 Westy (Only the top 12 inches of this van (a burn victim))
dhaavers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

danfromsyr wrote:
...cookie for the 1st to spot the problem with this ad/van.

Quote:

Besides the paint issue of the van itself, the professional educator in me just can't overlook the ridiculous run-on
sentence that this (and many other) supposed native English speakers put out there. Pet peeve, I s'pose... <shrug>

Evil or Very Mad Rolling Eyes Confused

- Dave

<EDITED TO PROTECT INNOCENT PIXELS>
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

If this is real... $1500 for a project. Maybe a good plan for someone near by.

https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/wsh/cto/d/1984-vanagon-westfalia/6379847394.html

Tobias Duncan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

bobbyblack wrote:
If this is real... $1500 for a project. Maybe a good plan for someone near by.

https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/wsh/cto/d/1984-vanagon-westfalia/6379847394.html

Craigslist needs to allow higher res photos and people need to stop using potatoes for cameras
That kitchen rust is brutal and needs to be cut out and a new panel welded in.
Might just be from a leaky hose though and if the rest is solid you might have a real gem .
Price cannot be argued with in any case
WedgeAntillies
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

I Can't decide if this should go here or in the "Wall of Shame" thread.

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-rv-motorhome/nelson/1990-w...nFlag=true

something was bugging me about it (other than it being black), then I noticed the distinct lack of seams. Does no seams mean no seam rust? Confused Think

Quote:
1990 Westy - 205000 Miles,
California model (factory A/C ), recharge upgrade kit installed,
Engine runs strong and clean,
Manual transmission,
Clean interior,
Pop top gasket is excellent shape,
Body professionally restored 2 years ago, base coat /clear coat,
2.1 ltr. Water cooled engine,
Has both front and rear tables,
Propane fridge works great,
Needs heater ... under rear seat (blower fan seized )

↑↑ I'd like to know who the professional was that restored the body, so I know where not to take my van. Shocked
Jake de Villiers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

WedgeAntillies wrote:
I Can't decide if this should go here or in the "Wall of Shame" thread.

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-rv-motorhome/nelson/1990-w...nFlag=true

something was bugging me about it (other than it being black), then I noticed the distinct lack of seams. Does no seams mean no seam rust? Confused Think

Quote:
1990 Westy - 205000 Miles,
California model (factory A/C ), recharge upgrade kit installed,
Engine runs strong and clean,
Manual transmission,
Clean interior,
Pop top gasket is excellent shape,
Body professionally restored 2 years ago, base coat /clear coat,
2.1 ltr. Water cooled engine,
Has both front and rear tables,
Propane fridge works great,
Needs heater ... under rear seat (blower fan seized )

↑↑ I'd like to know who the professional was that restored the body, so I know where not to take my van. Shocked

No kidding!! That's a terrible paint job - AND its black...
www.thebassspa.com
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 91, 92, 93 ... 135, 136, 137  Next
Jump to:
Page 92 of 137

Jump to: