Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Little Brown Trug Project
Forum Index -> Other VW Vehicles/Volksrods Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
buggerdman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:43 pm    Post subject: Little Brown Trug Project Reply with quote

hello all.
im a 20 yr old from Edmonton alberta. up in the great white north =D

I picked up this project in the spring and have been slowly working on it...thought I might share some of the progress with you all and start a build thread of sorts.

Starters. its called the Little Brown Trug...after the song. and the fact its a bug and a truck all at once.

Bought the beast for the grand sum of $300

and yes. its hacked, dirty, crusty, and beastly!!!! I think there is about 16 inches chopped out of the wheelbase

Thoughts anyone???? I have a crazy plan for this unit!

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:36 am    Post subject: Re: Little Brown Trug Project Reply with quote

Good Lord that is ugly!

Lots of work ahead of you! Tell us what your plans are please.

Now here is what I would do if it was mine, I would add a set of wheels (just idlers, not powered) behind the existing rear wheels and run a set of operational stacks up the back of the cab. Find a type 3, type 4 or Corvair engine to keep the rear deck height down and put a 5th wheel on it.

In short, make a mini highway tractor out of it.

Now let your imagination take over on what kind of trailer to build. Flat deck car hauler, boat trailer, holiday trailer, cargo sled/quad hauler... ?

Or several of the above! Have fun!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Other VW Vehicles/Volksrods All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: