Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

24v vr6 6 speed transmission
Forum Index -> Water-cooled VW Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kavanaghsean
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:26 pm    Post subject: 24v vr6 6 speed transmission Reply with quote

Hey guys,
My dogbone mount went bad in my 03 gli with a 24vvr6 and 6 speed transmission, causing the threaded hole in the case to be blown apart. The machine shop couldn’t weld as it is cast as well as being made of a weird alloy. Now I am looking to (best case) buy just the bellhousing side of the transmission case and will pay for shipping of course, or buy either a blown or used transmission for the case. So if anybody has one or knows anybody that has one I would love to get in touch to make a transaction and get my car on the road. Thanks in advanced guys. Located in central CT USA.
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:45 pm    Post subject: Re: 24v vr6 6 speed transmission Reply with quote

Welcome to The Samba! I've seen failures of the dog bone mounting points on several transmissions & have repaired many of them by either carefully drilling further into the housing to cut good threads to install a longer bolt with a spacer to compensate for the missing material or to fabricate a bracket that ties into other bolt holes. When going this route, you'll have to be sure to not pound on it but they can last if done properly.

There's one at LKQ up in MA for $640, you can usually get them to ship it to a local LKQ for little to no extra shipping.
http://www.lkqcorp.com/en-us/locationResults

GOFUNDYOURSELF, quit asking everyone to do it for you!

An air cooled VW will make you a hoarder.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Water-cooled VW All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: