Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

side window frames
Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bashr52
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:57 am    Post subject: side window frames Reply with quote

I have a set of side window frames that came with one of my parts cars when I was piecing my car together. They have some sort of homemade windows in them, they are stitched vinyl around the edges with some kind of clear material in the center that is ripped and cracked. Basically the windows would need to be stripped and just the frames reused. Can these be redone? I'm thinning out some of my extra parts and have no need for them. I do not want to toss them if someone could use them.
gfulcher
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:11 am    Post subject: Re: side window frames Reply with quote

Bashr52 wrote:
I have a set of side window frames that came with one of my parts cars when I was piecing my car together. They have some sort of homemade windows in them, they are stitched vinyl around the edges with some kind of clear material in the center that is ripped and cracked. Basically the windows would need to be stripped and just the frames reused. Can these be redone? I'm thinning out some of my extra parts and have no need for them. I do not want to toss them if someone could use them.

I don't know if Mike Basso in NY (thingparts.com, if I recall) still makes his "Winda's", but a long time ago he gladly accepted window cores. I've been out of the Thing scene for years (picking up my new '73 today, though!).
Wildthings
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:13 pm    Post subject: Re: side window frames Reply with quote

An automotive/marine upholstery shop should be able to fix them up.
Bashr52
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:27 am    Post subject: Re: side window frames Reply with quote

I'm clearing out my stuff so if they may be worth something to someone, I'll throw them in the classifieds. Maybe Mike may want them for just a core, I'll ask.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: