Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Leaky Westy Faucet Fixed
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
vwwestyman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:36 pm    Post subject: Leaky Westy Faucet Fixed Reply with quote

To link to this post copy and paste
Code:
[url=https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=689762&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=]Leaky Westy Faucet Fixed[/url]

My faucet has leaked where it joins the sink for years.

I was sure I'd read here that there was no way to repair it, and that the new ones don't fit the sink with a lid, so I just lived with it.

Well, one time this summer, my friend tried to turn on the sink and accidentally pulled the spout right out! He thought it was a kind of pump deal.

Well, I looked at it more closely and found that there is just an o-ring in there, and the spout is held in with a metal ring.

So I found an o-ring that I had laying around that fit the spout fairly snugly, then used a screwdriver and hammer to seat the metal ring.

Now, it doesn't leak!

I only have the one pic, but you can see the o-ring at the end, and the metal ring. I would think that you could probably carefully pull up on the spout and work that metal ring out to change your o-ring.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

President, Wild Westerner Club

1978 Champagne Edition Westy, repowered to '97 Jetta TDI
1973 Wild Westerner
My Thing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
furgo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:07 am    Post subject: Re: Leaky Westy Faucet Fixed Reply with quote

Thanks a lot for posting this, and glad it worked out!

Here's another link to a Westy faucet restoration from the eche_bus thread that I've also used as a reference in the past.

Decode your M-Plate
jquillen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Leaky Westy Faucet Fixed Reply with quote

Thanks for posting this guys! I have the same leaky faucet issue and finally decided to remove the faucet, soak it in vinegar and try and figure out the leaky issue. I assumed it was probably some sort of seal issue. Now I know what to do!
vwwestyman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Leaky Westy Faucet Fixed Reply with quote

Good deal! Glad to know I was able to help!

President, Wild Westerner Club

1978 Champagne Edition Westy, repowered to '97 Jetta TDI
1973 Wild Westerner
My Thing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: