Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Good exhaust brands
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mickey Thompson Bill
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:37 pm    Post subject: Good exhaust brands Reply with quote

So my 1915 i was having built is now becoming a 2276 and now i am starting to look for a new off road stinger (the empi one i have is 1 1/2 inch and crooked, yay China) are there any brands that are made in the US or even overseas that isn’t complete crap? Thanks everyone.

Last edited by Mickey Thompson Bill on Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:39 am; edited 1 time in total
flat4olsen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:00 am    Post subject: Re: Good exhaust brands Reply with quote

This: https://www.csp-shop.com/en/brand-shops/wasp-header-251-001-001-26005a.html?cache=1510642740
Dancing
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
67jason
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:02 am    Post subject: Re: Good exhaust brands Reply with quote

A-1, CSP, Al's Headers
Mickey Thompson Bill
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:39 am    Post subject: Re: Good exhaust brands Reply with quote

flat4olsen wrote:
This: https://www.csp-shop.com/en/brand-shops/wasp-header-251-001-001-26005a.html?cache=1510642740
Dancing

Thanks lol, forgot to mention it’s a Baja Bug so it’s the off road stinger I’m looking for.
pyrOman
Fire Master

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:26 am    Post subject: Re: Good exhaust brands Reply with quote

According to the SoCal Imports ad in the Hot VWs magazine, the Tri-Mil exhausts are made in the USA and do have the "Baja" style headers. Googoolit! Cool
74 Thing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:07 am    Post subject: Re: Good exhaust brands Reply with quote

Different manufactures clock their flanges at different angles-time to cut and re-weld your flange or buy a matching header/muffler/stinger.
nextgen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:49 am    Post subject: Re: Good exhaust brands Reply with quote

Wow if you want top of line you have to pay.

$824 to $1060 US Bucks. I can totally understand. I have a stainless steel exhaust from the UK , now 20 years old. Was only $250 Shipping would have been more then cost to NY , friends in the UK shipped it to for free.

Check and add shipping costs, for total sticker shock. . .
LETS TALK DUBS https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=joe+cali+ghia https://letstalkdubs.libsyn.com/ep-200-joe-cali-ty...qI3xJTCzjs
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
74 Thing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:26 am    Post subject: Re: Good exhaust brands Reply with quote

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1819167

Merged stainless $269
scubaseas
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:43 am    Post subject: Re: Good exhaust brands Reply with quote

X2 on a CSP system.

Over the years I have had EMPI, Ebersbacher, Dansk, some no name crap, Walker and CSP.

The CSP (I have the python) is extremely well made and of good materials. The merged collector is beautifully done. Other than ceramic coating it I have not had to modify anything and it can easily be adapted for different engine widths. Contrary to popular wisdom it is NOT that noisy. Actually quieter than the EMPI dual muffler I had. Very pleasant exhaust note. Pricey but not if it lasts a few years which I have no reason to believe it won't.

The Wasp Stinger will have a reduction cone in the megaphone that will help your torque/power curve. Will certainly be a lot louder than a mufflered exhaust,

08/1970 T2a Westphalia owned since 1980

ASE Master certification. 50 years pushing a wrench
Retired
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
anthax
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:20 am    Post subject: Re: Good exhaust brands Reply with quote

I have a CSP Python.
The fitment sucks, and for some strange reason, the flange mating to the head is not stainless. Magnets keep falling off...
Had to cut 14mm from #3 cylinder pipe to get it to somewhat fit to the collector. Needed some bending and forcing before slipping on.
Not worth the pricetag. Sad
tattooed_pariah
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Good exhaust brands Reply with quote

for us yanks i don't think anyone beats A-1, but be warned, you are going to pay for what you get.. and the VW thing is a side business to my understanding.. they primarily do municipal vehicles.. so sometimes there is a lengthy wait involved..

Other than some minor fitment issues with mine, I've been VERY happy with the quality and sound.

Here's what I bought:

http://vwparts.aircooled.net/A-1-Sidewinder-Racing...-sw134.htm

http://vwparts.aircooled.net/A-1-Sidewinder-Race-Bullet-Muffler-All-Car-Models-p/a-1-swblt.htm

"Never worry about stepping on people's toes. People who get their toes stepped on are either sitting down, or standing still on the job."
-Admiral Arleigh Burke, USN(ret.)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Cptn. Calzone
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Good exhaust brands Reply with quote

Ill stand up for A-1 as well Have two sidewinders on my bus and Sc.QWell made and fit great...AAAAND a custom 15/8 on my 912 outlaw 2387.Everything squeezes undr the apron.LOUD though but great tone
esde
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Good exhaust brands Reply with quote

I'll take the A1 for finish and fit over anything else. Every other brand has fought against installation in some way, but not the A1. If you have to wait a few weeks, it's worth it IMO.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: