Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Good deals on Nice Vans
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 270, 271, 272 ... 324, 325, 326  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
ozobass
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

Thanks Dave.
Yeah I hear you. I think when they were saying that people paint the cars to cover rust is what scared me.

I really have no idea what I'm getting into. My family think I'm crazy. I've never worked on a car other than oil and alt. change.
bobbyblack Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:18 am    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

ozobass:

Have you looked through the classified's here? I would suggest you spend a good amt. of time in the Vanagon classified section, start with a search for 1991 then 1990, 1989, etc. Look at the Westfalias in there. You'll get a pretty good idea of what costs are for what quality, unless an individual seller has some redic ideas about what their van is worth. You'll get a sense of that as well after a couple hours looking through.

I'd guess that since your budget would have include the 16,6 and now the 13K $'s area, you'll be into something that has a few flaws, or outright problems. Good vans are holding their value, or appreciating. Don't go nuts thinking yours will get you a return on investment tho, as you'll pour more love and pocket change into it than you'll ever get back. Heck, it'll be the first person you think of when deciding on (end-of-year/whatever religion your van might be) Holiday presents. (I was raised Lutheran, but my van is def Buddhist!)

Welcome to the asylum.
ozobass
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

bobbyblack.. Yeah man thank you . I'm starting the look here. I'm thinking that 20k is my budget.

I know I will have to put more $ into it but I'd like something that I could enjoy now and take camping without lots of headaches .. Is this goal possible?
espo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:21 am    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

For under 10k this seems like a great deal.

https://anchorage.craigslist.org/cto/d/1987-volkswagon-vanagon-gl/6379278763.html
dobryan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

ozobass wrote:
bobbyblack.. Yeah man thank you . I'm starting the look here. I'm thinking that 20k is my budget.

I know I will have to put more $ into it but I'd like something that I could enjoy now and take camping without lots of headaches .. Is this goal possible?

What do you consider a headache? These are old and they will break down if not well maintained (even then some will break down). If you fix it yourself then the trip can be saved. If you rely on a mechanic then the headaches increase a lot.....

"To travel hopefully is a better thing than to arrive." Robert Louis Stevenson

MD>Canada>AK>WA>OR>CA>AZ>UT>WY>SD
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=620646

Building a bus for travel in Europe (euroBus)
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=695371

The Western Syncro build
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=746794
VanWhalen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

Wasn't sure where to post this, but this Craigslist ad had me cracking up when I saw the bong in the second picture.

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/scz/cto/d/1984-vw-adventure-wagon/6374269608.html
greebly
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:12 am    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

Lake Wylie South Carolina ( Charlotte NC area) talk to the owner, Van has 300,000 miles (100,000 on rebuilt engine which started leaking coolant 14 years ago, boiled over, burst plastic coolant distributor) So engine will probably need work. Unmolested Westy . he is asking 4,500 https://charlotte.craigslist.org/cto/6383778702.html
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
unplannedbbq
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

greebly wrote:
Lake Wylie South Carolina ( Charlotte NC area) talk to the owner, Van has 300,000 miles (100,000 on rebuilt engine which started leaking coolant 14 years ago, boiled over, burst plastic coolant distributor) So engine will probably need work. Unmolested Westy . he is asking 4,500 https://charlotte.craigslist.org/cto/6383778702.html

Exchanged emails w/ owner as well - I couldn't get out 'til the weekend. He's already got an offer for asking price. It has factory AC.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

"However not an ideal swap unless it was all you had and you needed to escape some distopian 3rd world country." - Mongoswede
WedgeAntillies
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:49 am    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

Interesting package deal. Not cheap, but definitely looks like there's value here.

1988 Sunroof Syncro and 1989 Dehler Profi. $22,000 for both (CDN).

https://vancouver.craigslist.ca/van/cto/d/vw-syncro-1989-vw-camper/6386752074.html

Quote:
1989 vw dehelr profi camper van and 1988 VW syncro 4x4 7 passenger (sunroof)
These vans are selling as a package

danfromsyr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:10 am    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

not a good deal on a van but a nice 16" rims in the Allentown Craigslist..
Rare forged rim on this side of the pond.. so a good deal if you're in the area.. take off & sell the snow tires on them to recoup half the $.

centers will need to be opened up.
https://allentown.craigslist.org/pts/d/snow-wheel-set-5x/6365690603.html
Quote:
Snow wheel set. 5X112. 205/55-16 - $400 (267) 471-8008
Used one season on a 2015 VW GTI. Will fit other VW and cars with same bolt pattern.
Tires are Goodyear ultra grips snows. Audi aluminum rims. No plugs are patches.

same rims as being sold here for $200ea...
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2065668

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
joetiger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:45 am    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

VanWhalen wrote:
Wasn't sure where to post this, but this Craigslist ad had me cracking up when I saw the bong in the second picture.

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/scz/cto/d/1984-vw-adventure-wagon/6374269608.html

Now that's funny. Selling a lifestyle, as they say.

'86 NAHT Vanagon GL Syncro/ supercharged ABA 2.0 "Pigpen"
'04 GTI 1.8T
'04 Golf R32

"get metaphysical with it. if it's simply a means to get to and from places, it will let you down. if it becomes your zen, it can't fail you." -dabaron

"Still, it's good to be afield."--VWagabond

Available Now! Vanagon to Louisiana--A Two-Lane Reckoning Through Past and Present

www.josephtrussell.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Paulbeard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:10 am    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

Someone buy this so I can stop thinking about it…
https://www.copart.com/lot/47100287/

88 Wolfsburg tintop, blue, with lots of clearcoat failure.

Estimated to go for $1,205.20: bidding is at $100 right now.

I've seen worse; it could be a great starting point.

Quote:
Git 'r DONE!
— dhaavers
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
michaelbteam Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:14 am    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

Just FYI: There's a decent 1986 Syncro tintop for sale in Salt Lake City for $12K, which I checked out. It's all original, very clean, "unmolested." Look on KSL.com, sorry can't forward link.
shagginwagon83
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:28 am    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

michaelbteam wrote:
Just FYI: There's a decent 1986 Syncro tintop for sale in Salt Lake City for $12K, which I checked out. It's all original, very clean, "unmolested." Look on KSL.com, sorry can't forward link.

It's awesome, but its 17k

campism
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:23 am    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

This Sube conversion tintop might be worth a look for someone.

https://richmond.craigslist.org/cto/d/1990-vw-vanagon-subaru/6399346523.html

1990 VW VANAGON SUBARU conversion camper van - $7000 (North Chesterfield)

1990 volkswagen vanagon

fuel: gas
title status: clean
transmission: automatic

A daily driver, 1990 vanagon with a 1995 Subaru Legacy motor. It gets about 20 - 25 mpg. The van is in really nice shape with the exception of some typical vanagon rust on the seams and in the passenger wheel well, nothing major. Also just to point out, on the back corner there is also a bad bondo job, not me, see photo. The body has 300,000 miles and the motor has about 150,000 on it. Recently had the timing belt, cam seals, oil separator plate, alternator and tie rod ends replaced. I keep a log of what has been done and have paperwork as well as a vw shop repair book that will come with the van. I also have the vw curtains for when you want to sleep in the back. Hate to sell but it's time to let the adventure mobile move on to the next person
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

*** IF REAL ***

https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/dak/cto/d/vw-bus-vanagon-price-reduced/6383742109.html

$3K, '89 GL hand crank windows, powered mirrors.

I might have the gumption to go look this WE, but I certainly do NOT have $3K to spend.
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

bobbyblack wrote:
*** IF REAL ***

https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/dak/cto/d/vw-bus-vanagon-price-reduced/6383742109.html

$3K, '89 GL hand crank windows, powered mirrors.

I might have the gumption to go look this WE, but I certainly do NOT have $3K to spend.

Looking at the brake pedal seems like more than 166K?
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

I am always seriously skeptical of "odometer doesn't work" followed by I drove it maybe 1 or 2 thousand miles..

But still, if anyone would be serious about an interest, I would have fun going to check it out and make a report of findings. I am often in the Metro area. $3K might actually not be very much to some folks. To me, its way more than my entire year of 'disposable' income --- and I mean that as in, if I were able to have a couple beers once in a while, and take my gal to see a movie or three.
michaelbteam Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

https://www.ksl.com/auto/listing/4256364?ad_cid=4
This is the Syncro in SLC for $11,900
Very clean, "all original", last registered in Idaho in 2004. You know what that means.
Waldi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:08 am    Post subject: Re: Good deals on Nice Vans Reply with quote

https://m.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-anzeige/volkswag...e=messages
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 270, 271, 272 ... 324, 325, 326  Next
Jump to:
Page 271 of 326

Jump to: