Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

1961 panel patina madness florida crab van!!
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
STUNNED MULLET
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:27 pm    Post subject: 1961 panel patina madness florida crab van!! Reply with quote

Hi all, looking to pick up this 61 panel. Originally a crab company van, given the logos on the door, then a paint van given the logos on the sides!! Patina madness going on with this one... what do you guys think??
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

busdaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:50 pm    Post subject: Re: 1961 panel patina madness florida crab van!! Reply with quote

STUNNED MULLET wrote:
what do you guys think??

Madness!, but if it turns your crank go for it!

Please don't PM technical questions, ask your problem in public so everyone can play along. If you think it's too stupid post it here
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!

Слава Україні!
obus Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:02 pm    Post subject: Re: 1961 panel patina madness florida crab van!! Reply with quote

If it was mine and i was able to(which i can't) get the metal done, i would take it back to a crab van! I used to work in a fish market and also a clam bar.
1960 Paprika Red Karmann Ghia Convertible aka Schatze L452 built 5/20/60
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...highlight=
66 21 window bus built 8/31/65 https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=777273
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
STUNNED MULLET
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:43 pm    Post subject: Re: 1961 panel patina madness florida crab van!! Reply with quote

Yeah.. i am super excited.. just got off the phone with him. I just bought it.. never considered a panel untill today!!
volksaddict
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:44 pm    Post subject: Re: 1961 panel patina madness florida crab van!! Reply with quote

I don't think they had thought of the "got ....." advertising gimic back in 61.
STUNNED MULLET
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:44 pm    Post subject: Re: 1961 panel patina madness florida crab van!! Reply with quote

LOL!! Probably.. who knows... looking through google in panama city there is a fish ouse called "dirty dicks". World renowned restaraunt.. thats ok with me!! Dirty dicks crab panel van!!!
Pinetops
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:25 pm    Post subject: Re: 1961 panel patina madness florida crab van!! Reply with quote

I think it is fixable but I think you maybe should keep looking if you haven't already paid. I am somewhat local to this bus so I've seen the ads (have not seen it in person). You're going to have to pay to ship it back to cali right? I think you can find a more solid candidate there.

I don't mean to be negative and if you do get it you have my support! Just want you to get the best bus for the $ you can get.
Skim
Rants Master

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:26 am    Post subject: Re: 1961 panel patina madness florida crab van!! Reply with quote

That pic reference was a nice added touch. 👍

Excellent movie btw
1954 Sunroof
1959 Lowlight Ghia vert
1960 Lt Grey Double Cab SMZ LEGIT
1963 Deluxe Turkis Walk Thru 15 Window OG Paint
Spike0180
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:54 am    Post subject: Re: 1961 panel patina madness florida crab van!! Reply with quote

Are those holes I see in the roof too?
Other cars: 2003 F150, 2003 Jetta GLI vr6-6sp

Sambastic: adj; the quality of being nit picky, elitist, expecting everyone to do things the way they believe is best with no regard to situation, "sambastic"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
thom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:23 am    Post subject: Re: 1961 panel patina madness florida crab van!! Reply with quote

That's not "patina," that's neglect.
1957 23-Window Deluxe
1957 Mercedes Westfalia single cab
1963 Unimog 404
1965 E-Type
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
western auto
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:37 am    Post subject: Re: 1961 panel patina madness florida crab van!! Reply with quote

chadd magee posted something on facebook about looking for a florida to California transport job
ToolBox
Samba Member

Location: Detroit, where they don't jack parts off my ride in the parking lot of the 7-11

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:09 am    Post subject: Re: 1961 panel patina madness florida crab van!! Reply with quote

STUNNED MULLET wrote:
Patina madness going on with this one... what do you guys think??

I think you are kidding yourself calling that patina. Most people I know would call it missing metal and rusty.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
don1357
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:41 pm    Post subject: Re: 1961 panel patina madness florida crab van!! Reply with quote

It does have certain charm but the rust is the deal killer. That is not a patina bus, that is a rat rod bus. The difference is in the cancer.
KevinAlbrecht
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:58 pm    Post subject: Re: 1961 panel patina madness florida crab van!! Reply with quote

My bus was a Florida find. Can't say how yours compares. I was super stoked to find mine(or say it was found for me). A bunch of money in the early 2000's, got me driving to the west coast, and then a bunch more to fix all of the rust.

WideFive wrote:
Single carbs are for lawn mowers!

Don't forget those seat-belts!
Click to view image
Pinetops
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:44 pm    Post subject: Re: 1961 panel patina madness florida crab van!! Reply with quote

Update?
STUNNED MULLET
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:53 am    Post subject: Re: 1961 panel patina madness florida crab van!! Reply with quote

I bought her... I am currently trying to get her home to California at the moment.. anyone know of anybody coming form the Alabama to California area?
STUNNED MULLET
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:14 pm    Post subject: Re: 1961 panel patina madness florida crab van!! Reply with quote

My bus gets picked up in the morning!! Will be delivered to my house this weekend... I am freaking stoked!!
Pinetops
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:17 pm    Post subject: Re: 1961 panel patina madness florida crab van!! Reply with quote

Glad you got the shipping handled. Keep us updated!
STUNNED MULLET
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:52 pm    Post subject: Re: 1961 panel patina madness florida crab van!! Reply with quote

Im looking for a front seat for this thing right now... was this a 1/4 -3/4 bench? or was it a full bench seat? oem seats are crazy expensive.. is there any thing else I could go with for seats that work good?
60freak
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:58 pm    Post subject: Re: 1961 panel patina madness florida crab van!! Reply with quote

STUNNED MULLET wrote:
Im looking for a front seat for this thing right now... was this a 1/4 -3/4 bench? or was it a full bench seat? oem seats are crazy expensive.. is there any thing else I could go with for seats that work good?

Lol ya original seats are almost as expensive as a bus nowadays. Cool I used seats from a chevy or ford conversion van to get me by, they worked ok, sat a little higher than the original but hey it worked. Found on craigslist for super cheap (like $40 or something)
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: