Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Finally got my Ghia
Forum Index -> Ghia Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Abigdumkid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:44 pm    Post subject: Finally got my Ghia Reply with quote

Hi there,
Short story long. My first car back in 1986 was a 72 Ghia coupe, red. I wound up turning it into a hood ornament for an Olds Delta 88 in April of 1987. It started my love afair with small, odd cars. I finally found a replacement. This one is a 74 though. It's not perfect, but the body is solid and it runs well. Of course bringing it to MN in October doesn't lead to driving it. From what i can tell from the VIN and engine code, it was a CA car. I unfortunately don't have any history on it. I'll be sending away for its birth certificate and data sheet. It's apparently original at 43k miles. It still has good pans and parts, albeit just aged. Mors to follow.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

xzener
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Finally got my Ghia Reply with quote

Congrats! Thats a nice looking Ghia you got there. Looks like the PO used truck bed liner on the underside... I did that to mine too. Much more durable than the typical undercoatings.
brooksinc1976
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:45 am    Post subject: Re: Finally got my Ghia Reply with quote

Congrats looks nice. Like the red.
Abigdumkid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Finally got my Ghia Reply with quote

xzener wrote:
Congrats! Thats a nice looking Ghia you got there. Looks like the PO used truck bed liner on the underside... I did that to mine too. Much more durable than the typical undercoatings.

Thank you. I'm glad it's there but makes me wonder what was trying to be covered.
Abigdumkid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Finally got my Ghia Reply with quote

brooksinc1976 wrote:
Congrats looks nice. Like the red.

thank you. It's the only car I would buy red.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Ghia All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: