Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

200hp-300hp Turbo Waterboxer is the US ready?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
marcotheturbosteamengine
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:53 am    Post subject: Re: 200hp-300hp Turbo Waterboxer is the US ready? Reply with quote

jocoman wrote:
Another one.
[email protected]

Thanks, on the list 👍🏼
OB Rat
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:07 pm    Post subject: Re: 200hp-300hp Turbo Waterboxer is the US ready? Reply with quote

Marco, I sent you a pm re a question to my specific engine...in all your free time!! Razz
SyncroChrick
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:16 am    Post subject: Re: 200hp-300hp Turbo Waterboxer is the US ready? Reply with quote

I was just about to pull the trigger and start ordering parts for 2.5 Subaru conversion for my Syncro, but I would so much prefer to keep the WBX if I can have the same 170hp....this would be so perfect.

Please add me to the list:

[email protected]

thank you!
marcotheturbosteamengine
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:09 am    Post subject: Re: 200hp-300hp Turbo Waterboxer is the US ready? Reply with quote

SyncroChrick wrote:
I was just about to pull the trigger and start ordering parts for 2.5 Subaru conversion for my Syncro, but I would so much prefer to keep the WBX if I can have the same 170hp....this would be so perfect.

Please add me to the list:

[email protected]

thank you!

Sure no problem, just added you, Im ramping up production of all the components as there has been an overwhelming demand for my kit. The turbo waterboxer kit will out perform a 2.5 suby due to the extra torque the turbo creates right were you need it most.
Thanks for your interest
jxgyvr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:35 pm    Post subject: Re: 200hp-300hp Turbo Waterboxer is the US ready? Reply with quote

Please add me to the list. [email protected]

Cheers!
Jobe
marcotheturbosteamengine
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:45 pm    Post subject: Re: 200hp-300hp Turbo Waterboxer is the US ready? Reply with quote

jxgyvr wrote:
Please add me to the list. [email protected]

Cheers!
Jobe

Thanks, added👍🏼
Alluvial Van
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:11 pm    Post subject: Re: 200hp-300hp Turbo Waterboxer is the US ready? Reply with quote

I may have missed it somewhere but with the turbo is it expected that the stock internals will put up with the boost? Or is the turbo meant for a rebuilt engine with stronger internals?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
marcotheturbosteamengine
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:55 pm    Post subject: Re: 200hp-300hp Turbo Waterboxer is the US ready? Reply with quote

R.J. wrote:
I may have missed it somewhere but with the turbo is it expected that the stock internals will put up with the boost? Or is the turbo meant for a rebuilt engine with stronger internals?

Stock MV internals are completely fine for moderate boost, The important part is having fully programmable modern FI. With a built motor rpm and boost can be increased = more power
lobotac
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:49 am    Post subject: Re: 200hp-300hp Turbo Waterboxer is the US ready? Reply with quote

Very Interested! Please add me to the list [email protected]
marcotheturbosteamengine
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:15 am    Post subject: Re: 200hp-300hp Turbo Waterboxer is the US ready? Reply with quote

lobotac wrote:
Very Interested! Please add me to the list [email protected]

On the list , thanks
shagginwagon83
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:20 am    Post subject: Re: 200hp-300hp Turbo Waterboxer is the US ready? Reply with quote

I have a Westy with a stock 1.9L with ~120k miles. I was interested in getting more power with a Subaru motor.

If I can achieve this with the WBX, what benefits do I gain with going with your kit. And also, would it be a good time to do a top-end rebuild at same time?
Uber-S-S6
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:24 am    Post subject: Re: 200hp-300hp Turbo Waterboxer is the US ready? Reply with quote

Please add me to the list.
and thanks in advance for making this happen.
Paul

[email protected]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
marcotheturbosteamengine
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:46 pm    Post subject: Re: 200hp-300hp Turbo Waterboxer is the US ready? Reply with quote

Uber-S-S6 wrote:
Please add me to the list.
and thanks in advance for making this happen.
Paul

[email protected]

Added to the list, thank you
marcotheturbosteamengine
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:52 pm    Post subject: Re: 200hp-300hp Turbo Waterboxer is the US ready? Reply with quote

shagginwagon83 wrote:
I have a Westy with a stock 1.9L with ~120k miles. I was interested in getting more power with a Subaru motor.

If I can achieve this with the WBX, what benefits do I gain with going with your kit. And also, would it be a good time to do a top-end rebuild at same time?

Hi, at 120,000 miles you should really think about a full rebuild not just a top end, as its a early 1.9 it has the early case with beetle t1 engine type bearings,the 1.9 are strong but dont get me wrong the subaru is a great option but it has it’s downfalls also and they usualy need a full rebuild too.
katzenjammer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:26 pm    Post subject: Re: 200hp-300hp Turbo Waterboxer is the US ready? Reply with quote

To the original poster, this is very cool stuff. Do you have one of these turbo upgrades actually installed in a Vanagon and driving down the highway at this point?
marcotheturbosteamengine
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:05 pm    Post subject: Re: 200hp-300hp Turbo Waterboxer is the US ready? Reply with quote

katzenjammer wrote:
To the original poster, this is very cool stuff. Do you have one of these turbo upgrades actually installed in a Vanagon and driving down the highway at this point?

Ive built meny High HP turbo Waterboxers, im just about to start testing in the real world in my vanagon, but only for the base MV tune, there is nothing experimental or out of the ordinary with my FI kit, im using off the shelf part that have literally millions of reliable miles, reliability was one of my No.1 concerns so making it as simple and as few components as necessary was paramount.

https://youtu.be/wl3SRRzVNes

https://youtu.be/KBJsxwRKVIE

https://youtu.be/AE9kTMg0Bns
SyncroChrick
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:01 pm    Post subject: Re: 200hp-300hp Turbo Waterboxer is the US ready? Reply with quote

marcotheturbosteamengine wrote:
katzenjammer wrote:

Ive built meny High HP turbo Waterboxers, im just about to start testing in the real world in my vanagon, but only for the base MV tune, there is nothing experimental or out of the ordinary with my FI kit, im using off the shelf part that have literally millions of reliable miles, reliability was one of my No.1 concerns so making it as simple and as few components as necessary was paramount.

Marco,

I think for us it is the right philosophy. I know I am as equally interested in reliability as performance. I believe most of us would be happy with ~150hp if there is no sacrifice in reliability.

thank you again for all your effort.
Syncronoid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:02 am    Post subject: Re: 200hp-300hp Turbo Waterboxer is the US ready? Reply with quote

Yes, just like in the videos, please! Laughing

marcotheturbosteamengine wrote:
katzenjammer wrote:

https://youtu.be/wl3SRRzVNes

https://youtu.be/KBJsxwRKVIE

https://youtu.be/AE9kTMg0Bns

crazyvwvanman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:14 am    Post subject: Re: 200hp-300hp Turbo Waterboxer is the US ready? Reply with quote

Yes, please get us more power where we will use it, like 120 hp at 3500 rpm. Don't bother quoting numbers at much over 4500 rpm, don't really need that.

Mark

SyncroChrick wrote:

Marco,

I think for us it is the right philosophy. I know I am as equally interested in reliability as performance. I believe most of us would be happy with ~150hp if there is no sacrifice in reliability.

thank you again for all your effort.
regis101
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:29 pm    Post subject: Re: 200hp-300hp Turbo Waterboxer is the US ready? Reply with quote

150 on the tq side of life is all I'd need.
That and how to get a Pass on the smog visual.?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Jump to:
Page 9 of 30

Jump to: