Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

What's a Manx 2 body worth ?
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Clayman340
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:48 pm    Post subject: What's a Manx 2 body worth ? Reply with quote

I have a legit Meyers Manx 2 w/ the 4 digit B.F. Meyers Serial Number tag.
It's just the body and hood & it's all in decent shape. I'm thinking about selling it, but I don't know how much I should ask for it. Any suggestions ?
Q-Dog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:06 pm    Post subject: Re: What's a Manx 2 body worth ? Reply with quote

Condition is everything.

'69 Dune Buggy
'69 Beetle Convertible
'70 Beetle
vwracerdave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:12 pm    Post subject: Re: What's a Manx 2 body worth ? Reply with quote

All anything is worth is your ability to find a willing buyer. I could tell you it's worth a grand but then maybe somebody else will offer you three. Location also plays a big part in what something is worth. Because a Dunebuggy is a seasonal vehicle WHEN you sell it also makes a difference.

What do you think it's worth?
Featured in Dec. 2001 HOT VW's Magazine page 63

Watch my racing video's http://www.youtube.com/user/okvwracer/videos
joescoolcustoms
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:05 pm    Post subject: Re: What's a Manx 2 body worth ? Reply with quote

Condition and original color make a difference too. If the original gel coat is savable, that adds value. A rare flake color like black adds value too.

$ 1 K to $ 3 K all depending on condition.

Everyone is gifted. Some just do not open the package.

Looks like it was painted with a live chicken,polished with a brick and buffed with a pine cone
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Clayman340
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:25 pm    Post subject: Re: What's a Manx 2 body worth ? Reply with quote

The gel coat is gone but the rest is in good shape. I was thinking if I could get at least 2,500 for it I'd sell it b/c the money could fund my Tow'd project, but any less I'd rather hang onto it for a future project, but I didn't know if that would be a rediculous asking price. I couldn't find another, body only, for sale to get a good comp.
clonebug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:47 pm    Post subject: Re: What's a Manx 2 body worth ? Reply with quote

Clayman340 wrote:
The gel coat is gone but the rest is in good shape. I was thinking if I could get at least 2,500 for it I'd sell it b/c the money could fund my Tow'd project, but any less I'd rather hang onto it for a future project, but I didn't know if that would be a rediculous asking price. I couldn't find another, body only, for sale to get a good comp.

The only problem with that is a brand new Manx body any color you could want is $2500.00 in California.
I would buy that before an old one.....but that's just me and my color of choise would be Chartreuse Green.......

Take a good long look in the mirror and report back on what you see.

Paul.H wrote:
That one line on that chart is probably better info than you can get from this place in a month

My Megasquirt Fuel Injection Turbo Buggy Build
Water/Alcohol Injection
Audi TT intercooler
Upgraded to MS3Pro-Evo
EcuMaster PMU16
ECUMaster ADU5 Digital Dash

http://www.shoptalkforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=127936
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Clayman340
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:56 pm    Post subject: Re: What's a Manx 2 body worth ? Reply with quote

I didn't know new ones were that cheap, well I guess I'll hang onto it. Thanks for the input.
vanderjw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:54 pm    Post subject: Re: What's a Manx 2 body worth ? Reply with quote

Clayman340 wrote:
I didn't know new ones were that cheap, well I guess I'll hang onto it. Thanks for the input.

And Berrien bodies are much less than that.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: