Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

'Unknown' Barndoor Deluxes
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Split Bus - Barndoor Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
banana split
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:42 am    Post subject: Re: 'Unknown' Barndoor Deluxes Reply with quote

D-train wrote:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2118647

One in the classifieds.

Wow... someone needs to save this one. It's still has the dash too!

look like a 23 windows deluxe....make a offer Price: 1

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Sellers location is Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada
1964 Chop Top
johnny d
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:55 am    Post subject: Re: 'Unknown' Barndoor Deluxes Reply with quote

intesting place to store a bd..
&
VWKernzentrale since 2007
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
busben
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:00 pm    Post subject: Re: 'Unknown' Barndoor Deluxes Reply with quote

Bidding at $48k usd already ........ Shocked
EmpiGT
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:57 pm    Post subject: Re: 'Unknown' Barndoor Deluxes Reply with quote

Wow. Who bid $48,000
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
busben
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:05 pm    Post subject: Re: 'Unknown' Barndoor Deluxes Reply with quote

Not me Razz One of the "interested parties" currently bidding. The bids have been steadily rising since yesterday apparently.
EmpiGT
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:16 pm    Post subject: Re: 'Unknown' Barndoor Deluxes Reply with quote

Damn. I bid $8000 before pointing out it was a barndoor and before the new pics. The guy said he had on offer of $15,000 but would take mine if I sent a deposit. He has very poor english so I thought scam. I guess I should have jumped on it.
Looks like no frame under it at all by the way it's folding up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
busben
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:27 pm    Post subject: Re: 'Unknown' Barndoor Deluxes Reply with quote

Apparently it still has a frame, though hell knows how much use it would be to anyone now?! As for your bid, I wouldn't kick yourself too long dude. Would he really have stuck with your $8000 once the Internet kicked in and the offers started coming? Maybe he's a stand up guy and you just missed your lottery ticket, but maybe he would have bailed and you just saved a couple of days of stress and heartache. Also, I know people who thought an ad may be a scam but went for the cheap deal anyway, only to discover that yeh, it was a scam and they lost their money. Nothing wrong with being careful. Maybe you'll catch the next one Cool
Malokin Martin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:20 am    Post subject: Re: 'Unknown' Barndoor Deluxes Reply with quote

That’s not even buying it from my understanding. This is just paying the guy to show you where it is
djfordmanjack
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:41 am    Post subject: Re: 'Unknown' Barndoor Deluxes Reply with quote

Up to know we have no way of knowing if it even has a VIN, tag or chassis.
That's a little odd for 45k... Rolling Eyes

52 Barndoor DLX Coachbuild project
55 Wolfsburg panel project, og paint Taubenblau L31
62 Dickholmer, custom color Seeblau L360
63 1500 Notch, og paint Rubin Rot L456
67 1500 Käfer, og paint Lotus weiß L282 w/red interior
crukab
Samba Chef

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:33 pm    Post subject: Re: 'Unknown' Barndoor Deluxes Reply with quote

busben wrote:
Bidding at $48k usd already ........ Shocked

Where is that info coming from ??
I mean, is it on ebay or something ??
Sherbrooke is 2.5 hours from me.
Getting it INTO the U.S. might be trickey.........

My Pops:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=604100&highlight=
I know you will always be with me, rest in peace with no more pain. 8/13/14.....

In the yard right now:
'51 Dodge 5 window truck
'65 Bug
'66 Singlecab
'82 Rabbit Truck Diesel from CALI Smile
'86 Doublecab W/T
'91 Vanagon carat/wolfsbrg.Tiico
'88 Dodge Ram pickup
'11 Jetta Wagon
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:20 pm    Post subject: Re: 'Unknown' Barndoor Deluxes Reply with quote

Ahhhh. Nice to read the Horseshack hypothesis on this interesting pic. Rolling Eyes

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jcwelding
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:07 am    Post subject: Re: 'Unknown' Barndoor Deluxes Reply with quote

The guys told me £24,000 sterling!! not sure where the 48k price tag came from?? Eh?
Still waiting for info on chassis number etc.....we shall see
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
campingbox Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:32 am    Post subject: Re: 'Unknown' Barndoor Deluxes Reply with quote

jcwelding wrote:
The guys told me £24,000 sterling!! not sure where the 48k price tag came from?? :-s
Still waiting for info on chassis number etc.....we shall see

48K Canadian is 28,382 pounds.
busben
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:35 am    Post subject: Re: 'Unknown' Barndoor Deluxes Reply with quote

I just made it up to be funny Rolling Eyes

One assumes that may have fallen through then .................
jcwelding
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:55 pm    Post subject: Re: 'Unknown' Barndoor Deluxes Reply with quote

I have the same email as the previous post from today asking £24k, guess he's just waiting to see who sends some money first??
It would be lots easier if people would just put a bloody price on things and save the confusion Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Mr. OGPaint
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:32 pm    Post subject: Re: 'Unknown' Barndoor Deluxes Reply with quote

If I were to bid, my bid would be contingent on it being safely removed from the log pile. Looks like a lot of the damage was likely caused by the logging equipment that was used to extract that bus and then stack it on the log pile.

Those are freshly cut logs, it hasn't been there for long
56samba
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:42 am    Post subject: Re: 'Unknown' Barndoor Deluxes Reply with quote

Mr. OGPaint wrote:
If I were to bid, my bid would be contingent on it being safely removed from the log pile. Looks like a lot of the damage was likely caused by the logging equipment that was used to extract that bus and then stack it on the log pile.

Those are freshly cut logs, it hasn't been there for long

That's a good comment, Patrick! Sounds qualified...
Would be interesting to see a picture before the poor bus was "raped" and put on the pile of woods.

Other question: I don't want to speak in a bad way about the seller, but am I the only one who is a bit sceptical, that this bus does belong to the seller? I'm not in contact with him, so maybe I'm wrong.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Lazaa
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:09 am    Post subject: Re: 'Unknown' Barndoor Deluxes Reply with quote

56samba wrote:

am I the only one who is a bit sceptical, that this bus does belong to the seller? I'm not in contact with him, so maybe I'm wrong.

Maybe. But actually I would not blame the seller but the bidders who offered such stupid prices on this thing.

I wouldn't be proud to open a build thread claiming I am the new owner Idea
Even though I have some doubts that it will actually sell for what the seller tell.

Anyway, now I think the auction is over so let's wait a few weeks or months and see what happen to this bus and how good/bad it is Wink
Lowdown Dirty Rat
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:27 am    Post subject: Re: 'Unknown' Barndoor Deluxes Reply with quote

Lazaa wrote:
56samba wrote:

am I the only one who is a bit sceptical, that this bus does belong to the seller? I'm not in contact with him, so maybe I'm wrong.

Maybe. But actually I would not blame the seller but the bidders who offered such stupid prices on this thing.

Even though I have some doubts that it will actually sell for what the seller tell.

Anyway, now I think the auction is over so let's wait a few weeks or months and see what happen to this bus and how good/bad it is Wink

It maybe a lot to to some, stupid to others, but anyone who steps up and saves a Barndoor should ALWAYS feel proud. No matter how much they have chosen to spend to do it.
I personally very much hope to see a build thread and wish any buyer good luck.
Big spenders don’t piss me off as much as horders who hide stuff away that others could use to save a bus.
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:24 pm    Post subject: Re: 'Unknown' Barndoor Deluxes Reply with quote

Lowdown Dirty Rat wrote:
Lazaa wrote:
56samba wrote:

It maybe a lot to to some, stupid to others, but anyone who steps up and saves a Barndoor should ALWAYS feel proud. No matter how much they have chosen to spend to do it.
I personally very much hope to see a build thread and wish any buyer good luck.
Big spenders don’t piss me off as much as horders who hide stuff away that others could use to save a bus.

Yeah but this whole deal is lame. I would be very suspicious. I wouldn't let go of a dime unless I was prepared to meed this guy, on that day I give $ to him we go to the bus and I'm able to purchase said bus. Cuz if you're going to spend stupid might as well plan smart. Laughing

I could find much better things to do with my time and the money involved than to put some crumpled rust pile back on the road. To those that do - you are fun to watch, I will give you that. Wink

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus - Barndoor All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44  Next
Jump to:
Page 41 of 44

Jump to: