Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Good deals on bad vans (parts vans/junkers)
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
raoul mitgong
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:24 am    Post subject: Re: Good deals on bad vans (parts vans/junkers) Reply with quote

Holy crap!!!
59 Vanagons $1000-5000. Carats campers and Syncro.

https://denver.craigslist.org/cto/d/vw-vanagon-eurovan-carats/6374294038.html
91 Westy (Only the top 12 inches of this van (a burn victim))
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:15 am    Post subject: Re: Good deals on bad vans (parts vans/junkers) Reply with quote

But cars are located on 'East Coast'

Is this the VA stash of cars?? Seems short for that lot, unless they are just getting rid of 1/3 of them.
Paulbeard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:17 am    Post subject: Re: Good deals on bad vans (parts vans/junkers) Reply with quote

Quote:
These vehicles would make wonderful Christmas Gifts.

Laughing Laughing

Quote:
Git 'r DONE!
— dhaavers
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Tobias Duncan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:24 am    Post subject: Re: Good deals on bad vans (parts vans/junkers) Reply with quote

raoul mitgong wrote:
Holy crap!!!
59 Vanagons $1000-5000. Carats campers and Syncro.

https://denver.craigslist.org/cto/d/vw-vanagon-eurovan-carats/6374294038.html

I appreciate that many here would like to consolidate everything down to about 5 huge threads , but surely this is big enough news to warrant its own shiny new thread right?
I nearly missed this information about The Great Vanagon Graveyard
RainierSyncro
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deals on bad vans (parts vans/junkers) Reply with quote

Hmmm, A Denver CL ad, vans located on the east coast and a phone number with a CA area code. Weird.
Turbod16v
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deals on bad vans (parts vans/junkers) Reply with quote

RainierSyncro wrote:
Hmmm, A Denver CL ad, vans located on the east coast and a phone number with a CA area code. Weird.

no kidding! Laughing
raoul mitgong
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deals on bad vans (parts vans/junkers) Reply with quote

May be a scam. I just figured he was advertising in a Vanagon friendly area.

But then I got this in part of a reply from JD.

"Please send me your personal email address so we can stay in touch. Your craigslist reply email address will expire soon. Thank you. JD"

Hmmm. Anyone have confirmation one way or the other? Anyone call?
-d
91 Westy (Only the top 12 inches of this van (a burn victim))
campism
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deals on bad vans (parts vans/junkers) Reply with quote

Abscate wrote:
But cars are located on 'East Coast'

Is this the VA stash of cars?? Seems short for that lot, unless they are just getting rid of 1/3 of them.

I've been by the Pulaski VA stash a couple of times and this layout in the photo does not look like the place I know about.
danfromsyr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deals on bad vans (parts vans/junkers) Reply with quote

can't be Insyncro.
too many mundane models and too low listing price..
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jimf909 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deals on bad vans (parts vans/junkers) Reply with quote

danfromsyr wrote:
can't be Insyncro.
too many mundane models and too low listing price..

He’s never gonna give up his stash of $yncro unobtanium, but he’ll be sure to tell you all about it. Very Happy

Abscate wrote:
Do not get killed, do not kill others.

Current: 1990 Westy Camper - Bostig RG4, 2wd, manual trans w/Peloquin, NAHT high-top, 280 ah LFP battery, 160 watts solar, Flash Silver, seam rust, bondo, etc., etc.

Past: 1985 Westy Camper - 1.9 wbx, 2wd, manual trans, Merian Brown, (sold after 17 years to Northwesty who converted it to a Syncro).
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deals on bad vans (parts vans/junkers) Reply with quote

Pointless to deal with an intermediary, especially on such sparse details.

(No personal interest)
wcdennis
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deals on bad vans (parts vans/junkers) Reply with quote

The photos do seem to match up to the inventory (I count 7 Eurovans and there are 7 listed, and if you zoom in, some of the vans have numbers that match the inventory). If is is a scam, someone found a real collection of vans and a matching inventory. Also, usually, scam ads are posted to Craigslist all over the country. I couldn't find a duplicate. I would still approach with extreme caution, just saying some of the expected red flags are missing.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
syncrodoka
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deals on bad vans (parts vans/junkers) Reply with quote

wcdennis wrote:
Also, usually, scam ads are posted to Craigslist all over the country. I couldn't find a duplicate. I would still approach with extreme caution, just saying some of the expected red flags are missing.

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/cto/d/vw-vanagon-eurovan-carats/6374313840.html

If the vans are on the east coast, why no ads there? Fishy
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:46 am    Post subject: Re: Good deals on bad vans (parts vans/junkers) Reply with quote

Exactly same ad, now in LA
ELO78
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:31 am    Post subject: Re: Good deals on bad vans (parts vans/junkers) Reply with quote

Based on what I read on some Vanagon-related Facebook groups, this lot of vans belongs to http://mark1service.com/ located in MD. The owner is using "JD" to help with the sale. JD posted it in Denver and LA thinking there are more potential buyers in those areas. The entire lot is for sale as a whole; individual vans are not for sale. Sad
dobryan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:07 am    Post subject: Re: Good deals on bad vans (parts vans/junkers) Reply with quote

ELO78 wrote:
Based on what I read on some Vanagon-related Facebook groups, this lot of vans belongs to http://mark1service.com/ located in MD. The owner is using "JD" to help with the sale. JD posted it in Denver and LA thinking there are more potential buyers in those areas. The entire lot is for sale as a whole; individual vans are not for sale. Sad

Wow. That is a whole lot of busses! I have been to his lot a couple of times when I needed a part. Sad to see him getting out of the fold. I hope whoever buys them keeps them accessible for parts busses to keep our current drives alive.

"To travel hopefully is a better thing than to arrive." Robert Louis Stevenson

MD>Canada>AK>WA>OR>CA>AZ>UT>WY>SD
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=620646

Building a bus for travel in Europe (euroBus)
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=695371

The Western Syncro build
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=746794
Tobias Duncan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:32 am    Post subject: Re: Good deals on bad vans (parts vans/junkers) Reply with quote

dobryan wrote:
ELO78 wrote:

Wow. That is a whole lot of busses! I have been to his lot a couple of times when I needed a part. Sad to see him getting out of the fold. I hope whoever buys them keeps them accessible for parts busses to keep our current drives alive.

Group buy?
ELO78
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:16 am    Post subject: Re: Good deals on bad vans (parts vans/junkers) Reply with quote

Count me in. I've got dibs on
Quote:
59. 1989 Volkswagen Vanagon Syncro/BlueStar Edition

which, if it existed, would be the holy grail of Vanagons.
calfredson
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:38 am    Post subject: Re: Good deals on bad vans (parts vans/junkers) Reply with quote

https://vancouver.craigslist.ca/nvn/zip/d/81-vw-vanagon/6396560882.html

Free parts van in West Vancouver, BC. It's not mine, just saw it on a Facebook group. Looks good for someone who has a project in mind.
AndyBees
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deals on bad vans (parts vans/junkers) Reply with quote

The sad thing is there are folks out there that don't give a damn about Vanagons other than finding them for parting purposes ..... even those that could be put back on the road.

They are sort of rare in my neck of the woods. A few years back, one was advertised in Craigslist not far away. I met the guy and took a look at Van. It was well worth the price and what it would take to make it road worthy. Anyway, I decided not to buy it. Then, about two months later, I saw a Craigslist ad parting a Vanagon .......... the pic was the same Van. I called the dude and he said it was! Sickening! I later saw more of his ads parting damn good looking Vanagons and Eurovans!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 5 of 10

Jump to: