Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

lane museem in nashville
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:24 am    Post subject: lane museem in nashville Reply with quote

I flew up to nashville last week to rent a car to drive to knoxville....to see one of my kids&grand kids. had a awesome time. then drove back and went to the lane museem in nashville.it's a europeen mostly and russian too, car mustseem. fricken awesome!!! and they were having a guided basement tour that sunday for an extra $6. well worth it. that was great. all kinds of stuff you have never seen or heard of, a few american things but just a hand full. wish i had more time to spend there. so if your going through or need Nashville go to the lane mus seem. yess we got lotsa pics...but I aint smert enogh to post them hear. hell i caint even remember my firing order,I dont know how my car even starts without it.....
calvinater
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:07 pm    Post subject: Re: lane museem in nashville Reply with quote

ask your kid to post them afterall she probably stopped your vcr from blinking 12:00
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:34 pm    Post subject: Re: lane museem in nashville Reply with quote

the kid is doing her first year of her masters in Bologna Italy,not sure she/me could afford to have her do it....although I would love to see her. i have oh so many pics and it would take quite a while. I would love to work at a place like that, rebuilding&repair&maint of all the cars as it is a working museum . wish I would of had time to go through their machine shop...the wife had reservations at a show down town...that was good too. and yes the kids & grand kids were awesome. the hiundi snota drove just fine at 105, but slower it was a tad slugish and couldn't decide what gear it needed to be in.
Flush_Gordon337
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:36 am    Post subject: Re: lane museem in nashville Reply with quote

Cool place. I stop in every couple of months if I am in Nashville. They change the displays add / remove cars.
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:34 am    Post subject: Re: lane museem in nashville Reply with quote

one neet thing was all the pans under somany cars& kitty litter on the floor of some, but the 56 bug that lookes show room new didnt have a drip at all. I wish i lived closer....or rather that it was located closer to me...like down the street so I could walk to work.
mikec4193
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:33 am    Post subject: Re: lane museem in nashville Reply with quote

I have always loved the little cars...Austin Bantams....Morris Minors and the Crosleys were always some my favorites...

Looks like I might have to make trip down there and check things out....thanks for sharing....

MikeC
Randy in Maine
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:48 am    Post subject: Re: lane museem in nashville Reply with quote

I think they are technically "micro cars:....

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:01 pm    Post subject: Re: lane museem in nashville Reply with quote

and that line of cars in that pic including the 56 bug are about 2x the size of the micro cars Shocked , yes if you can ,go see them all and try to get the basement guided tour also. southwest sent out a 24 hour special on tickets,so we got a pair cheep, that makes trips like this eazer,although rental cars can be a pain.but it beats the hell out of a 3 day weekend only being 1 day. I think it was 58 min in the air from fl to nashville. vs 7 hours on the road one way. but if your already passing through that part of the nation.....stop for a few hours.it's well worth it.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: