Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

New Topic: "You married guys will understand this"
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 29, 30, 31  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:18 am    Post subject: Re: New Topic: "You married guys will understand this" Reply with quote

As a glass is half full type of guy I'll offer my congratulations... it has its ups and downs but it's worth it.
kinkerstinker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:46 am    Post subject: Re: New Topic: "You married guys will understand this" Reply with quote

TDCTDI wrote:
SUCKER!!!

Zundfolge1432 wrote:
As a glass is half full type of guy I'll offer my congratulations... it has its ups and downs but it's worth it.

thanks haha
heimlich Premium Member
VWNOS.com

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:19 am    Post subject: Re: New Topic: "You married guys will understand this" Reply with quote

Just remember marriage is like having a second job. It's a lot work but it's worth it.
5% Off your order with coupon code: 5%OFF
Restored Distributors Available (<--Click here)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:25 pm    Post subject: Re: New Topic: "You married guys will understand this" Reply with quote

kinkerstinker wrote:
well boys, i joined the club.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

What rocket scientist decided that brown shoes with a black, gray, or blue suit looked good ???? I've seen this a lot on TV recently.

OK, newlywed story. Mrs. Cusser loves horses, we went on a horseride on our honeymoon. Half hour in, horse throws me off, I go up to the horse and say "that's one". An hour later he throws me again, I go up and say to horse "that's two". Unbelievably an hour later the horse throws me a third time, I take out my gun and shoot the horse dead. Mrs. Cusser starts crying, I walk up to her and say "that's one" !!!
1970 VW (owned since 1972) and 1971 VW Convertible (owned since 1976), second owner of each. The '71 now has the 1835 engine, swapped from the '70. Second owner of each. 1988 Mazda B2200 truck, 1998 Frontier, 2014 Yukon, 2004 Frontier King Cab. All manual transmission except for the Yukon. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335294 http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335297
kinkerstinker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:49 pm    Post subject: Re: New Topic: "You married guys will understand this" Reply with quote

Cusser wrote:
kinkerstinker wrote:

What rocket scientist decided that brown shoes with a black, gray, or blue suit looked good ???? I've seen this a lot on TV recently.

Its a lighter navy suit and light brown shoes. the dramatic lighting makes everything look darker. Pretty fashionable these days from what I'm told.
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:02 pm    Post subject: Re: New Topic: "You married guys will understand this" Reply with quote

like dam!!! your looking at shews??
Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:25 pm    Post subject: Re: New Topic: "You married guys will understand this" Reply with quote

Mrs. Cusser didn't want photos of her wedding night posted, so here's one of the wedding day photos (yes, black shoes, but this was "back then").

This was a result

Then their teenage years transformed me to this:

1970 VW (owned since 1972) and 1971 VW Convertible (owned since 1976), second owner of each. The '71 now has the 1835 engine, swapped from the '70. Second owner of each. 1988 Mazda B2200 truck, 1998 Frontier, 2014 Yukon, 2004 Frontier King Cab. All manual transmission except for the Yukon. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335294 http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335297
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:52 pm    Post subject: Re: New Topic: "You married guys will understand this" Reply with quote

kinkerstinker wrote:

Congrats!
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
scottyrocks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:12 pm    Post subject: Re: New Topic: "You married guys will understand this" Reply with quote

mark tucker wrote:
like dam!!! your looking at shews??

Only if it's a really big shew.
scottyrocks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:14 pm    Post subject: Re: New Topic: "You married guys will understand this" Reply with quote

kinkerstinker wrote:

This photo kinda illustrates the point that marriage is like a narrow, dark alley. You never know what's around the next corner.

Congrats!
calvinater
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:08 pm    Post subject: Re: New Topic: "You married guys will understand this" Reply with quote

nice pic,, where are all the guests? kinda skinny church.
djkeev
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:17 pm    Post subject: Re: New Topic: "You married guys will understand this" Reply with quote

Cusser wrote:
Mrs. Cusser didn't want photos of her wedding night posted, so here's one of the wedding day photos (yes, black shoes, but this was "back then").

This was a result

Then their teenage years transformed me to this:

Ghia
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=392473

Vanagon
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6315537#6315537

Beetle
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=482968&highlight=74+super+vert
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
slave1pilot
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:10 am    Post subject: Re: New Topic: "You married guys will understand this" Reply with quote

We couldnt afford a photographer for our wedding (hell, I borrowed the $57 it cost for us to get married ) back in 87, But i do have a pic of mrs.slave1pilot with me and my first car

and here we are earlier this year with 2 of our 3 kids at my son's wedding

kinkerstinker- congrats on your brand new marriage. I wish you decades upon decades of wedded bliss.
I'll give you a piece of the advice I gave my son and his wife during my wedding speech;
#1. Put the other person first- Always.
#2. Love each other completely and openly
#3. Take the opportunity to make each other laugh every time that you can.

Currently:
1963 Ragtop Beetle
Previously:
1967 Beetle
1968 Beetle
1970 Beetle
Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:02 pm    Post subject: Re: New Topic: "You married guys will understand this" Reply with quote

djkeev wrote:

Mrs. Cusser and I got married in 1986 on the grounds of a hotel (her brother worked for the hotel chain, so that was free, and some out of town attendees also stayed there. The future Mrs. Cusser lent her '82 Firebird to her family, so she drove my 1970 VW to the hotel that morning, I drove my 1979 Toyota truck. We went on our honeymoon to Tucson in that Toyota truck, picked up the VW when we got back to town.

We brought my first-born home from the hospital in that VW, and we still drive that VW to town up north and to pull the drag harrow around the horse arena.
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:30 pm    Post subject: Re: New Topic: "You married guys will understand this" Reply with quote

the wife and I were to get hitched on the 5th of oct 95 out on the island at a big boardwalk restraunt's shops,bars,2 story...possiably 3 stories. thingy mostly for tourist on the beach hear....well...that was the plan and all paid for and...oct 3rd hurbiecane opal hit...direct hit.... about 80% of the structures on the island was gone, roads gone... massive distruction and diasster....that should of been a omen Shocked I worked at the biggest marina in the aera running the machine shop and working on the pussy boats....the marina was mostly gone.40' new&used pussy boats in the show rooms stacked like cord wood on top of each other 3 boats tall....and my dulie was in one of the show rooms......crap(5th wheel hp 454 4door I used to haul the boats when needed) well if got flooded and 1 small cracked rear fender, not bad,I totaly striped it appart&washed it out real good. and sold it 10 years lator.(insurance totaled it and I got it for $1500) .after all that destruction we finaly get married 2 months lator in the tax collectors office also known as the dead animal room it had atleast 30 dead stuffed critters of all sizes & shaped that he had killed....hows that fer a you married guys will understand this story...true story. and that was many hurricanes ago.
kinkerstinker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:24 am    Post subject: Re: New Topic: "You married guys will understand this" Reply with quote

Thanks everyone. That picture was in an alley outside of the building we got married in.
Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:22 am    Post subject: Re: New Topic: "You married guys will understand this" Reply with quote

Yes, Mrs. Cusser doesn't even want me to try to fix the 32-year-old standalone ice machine that I bought for $50 about 15 years ago, think that the start relay is bad (and discontinued) but a universal hard start relay kit is about $15. This is a 50 lb unit which makes clear great ice, in cube shape. She wants new for Christmas, says the old unit is ugly - which it is. She wants a $400 unit from HomeDepot.com, the lowest cost choice for a unit that has storage and a drain (how one gets clear ice) and non-crescent shape. In the meantime, I've hooked up the icemaker in the refrigerator-freezer which had not been in operation before, but such ice is cloudy and picks up food odors from freezer and refrigerator side. So maybe it's time for a new one. To me, fixing stuff is a challenge, maybe I'll try to fix it for my 2nd place up north. She also wants a wine refrigerator which would be placed under such Home Depot ice machine, but those are plentiful and lots of choices, under $150.

But - what's driving me nuts - and you married guys will understand this - is she has gushed Friday, Saturday, and Sunday about how good the fruit salad she made for Thanksgiving was !!! Yes, it was good, but does such subject really need a re-statement on the subsequent 3 days???? If this re-appears today, I might just end up on the Investigative Discovery Channel !!! Which aisle in Home Depot are the blunt instruments located ???
scottyrocks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:33 am    Post subject: Re: New Topic: "You married guys will understand this" Reply with quote

All of them.
bigdog1962
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:37 am    Post subject: Re: New Topic: "You married guys will understand this" Reply with quote

Cusser - related to saying something is good...

If I tell my wife that _____(fill in the blank) was good that she just made, I can expect it at least two more times in two weeks.

I always have to say "This ____ is good....but that doesn't mean I want it again in the next couple of days." Very Happy
Oprn wrote: I'm getting to the age that any self propelled woman (no wheel chair or walker) looks HOT!! Oooo! look at that Babe! She made it from the dining room all the way to the TV room without help!! Hubba, hubba!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
my59
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:50 pm    Post subject: Re: New Topic: "You married guys will understand this" Reply with quote

She is still on the fruit salad because someone did not give her props she thinks she deserves. Might not have been you, most likely some relative.
Call em all on the QT and tell them to mention the fab fruit mix on the next phone call.

I regularly text my self centered college student sons to call their mother on Sunday, so I don't have to listen to her bitch about the ingrates all day.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 29, 30, 31  Next
Jump to:
Page 8 of 31

Jump to: