Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Air cooled Heat question
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
WestfaliaMike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:13 am    Post subject: Air cooled Heat question Reply with quote

Been slowly putting back togreather my vanagon that the PO disassembled.

One of the last problems i have is the lack of heat. I have searched the forum, and didn't fine much. Anyone have a link that could help me troubleshoot?

I have a smaill amout of floor and center dash heat. Nothing but cold air from the defrosters and dash vents.

Thanks!
Wildthings
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:49 am    Post subject: Re: Air cooled Heat question Reply with quote

*There is always the possibility that there is a mouse nest blocking the ducting.

*Any piece missing from the system can compromise the entire working of the heating system.

*Are your flapper valves opening fully?

*Have you taken them off and actually looked inside to see that the flaps are operating and haven't fallen apart?

*Make sure that the levers on the heater box up front under the middle of the dash actually move when you move the levers on the dash itself. The cables will get kinked and as a result when you move the levers on the dash nothing actually happens in the heater box.

*Read your owners manual so you know what position the levers need to be in to get good heat, their operation is not intuitively obvious.
AZ Landshaper
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Air cooled Heat question Reply with quote

That's a weak heater at best. Now that your rig is 35 years old or more. The heat is in need or a lot of attn. New duct w sealers and clamps and prob just a straight up overhaul.
At least you haven't removed the motor and installed something not remotely associated w the engineering your van was born w. Like one guy I know. Confused

-------------------------------------------------------
85 Weekender w/ EJ22
Previously
64, 71, 72, 73, 76, 81, 84, 85 & 87 Campmobiles and Westfalias
and a 67 bug.
WestfaliaMike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Air cooled Heat question Reply with quote

thank you

Last edited by WestfaliaMike on Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Wasted youth
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Air cooled Heat question Reply with quote

deleted
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: