Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Finally got her
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Ghia Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
iowegian Premium Member
Samba Curmudgeon

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:11 am    Post subject: Re: Finally got her Reply with quote

kiwighia68 wrote:
brooksinc1976 wrote:
thats 60 MPH right? remember there are people that use the metric system then there are people that have went to the moon. Laughing

Yes, that's quite true but it's the metric people who built our beloved VWs - and then put a mph speedo in my car. Yikes!

Here's a guide for Darrel: 5 miles = 8 kilometres (so, 100kph converts as follows: Step 1: 100 divided by 8 = 12.5 Step 2: multiply 12.5 by 5 = 62.5mph QED. And 1 inch = 2.54cm.

Fine. Now Darrel can figure out kilometers vs miles. His next question is gonna be "how long is a metric hour?".
Evil_Fiz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:05 am    Post subject: Re: Finally got her Reply with quote

3,600,000 miliseconds Wink

See my build on TheSamba at:
The K_R_A_K_E_N_N : a 70 Ghia Convertible reinterpreted
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
c21darrel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Finally got her Reply with quote

I take offense of you guys making fun of my catholic school education. Wink
So if a train leaves Spain travelling 90 KMH and another bus is travelling in the opposite direction on the track at 90 MPH, where do they stop to enjoy the new 74 ghia and have a beer?
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=693583&highlight=67+dc
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
kiwighia68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Finally got her Reply with quote

c21darrel wrote:
I take offense of you guys making fun of my catholic school education. :wink:
So if a train leaves Spain travelling 90 KMH and another bus is travelling in the opposite direction on the track at 90 MPH, where do they stop to enjoy the new 74 ghia and have a beer?

Belgium. Best place for beer.

(Catholics schools also teach the metric system, Darrel. It goes all the way back to a man called Moses.)
swavananda
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Finally got her Reply with quote

kiwighia68 wrote:
c21darrel wrote:
I get 20+ with 2017cc, Dual 40 Dellorto carbs. I drive a little slower. Embarassed

With or without 3 adult or near-adult passengers? I get near 30mpg with one adult passenger on a 1644 engine and a speed limit of 100kph.

Now i am confused .......How are you measuring miles and gallons to kilometers and not liters to........ d'oh! never mind , doesn't matter,I went to catholic school too.

Actually brooksinc1976 Just needs to drive up to NOR CAL for the best beer !
ELFRIED
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:45 am    Post subject: Re: Finally got her Reply with quote

That s wright Kiwi and this is absolutely thenbest of them all...

c21darrel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:55 am    Post subject: Re: Finally got her Reply with quote

Quote:
I went to catholic school too.

I still have scars on my fingers from the nuns smacking my hands with a ruler. There was that one who had the ruler with the metal edge. LOL. Wink
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=693583&highlight=67+dc
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
mstencel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Finally got her Reply with quote

Are both signals coming on in the actual signals? Only reason I'm asking, is in the 72-74 dash, when you activate the turn signal arm, the left and right arrows both flash in the gauge. Threw me for a loop when I first got my 73. Both arrows flash in the gauge, but only the left or right signals flash outside, depending on which way you're signaling.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Ghia All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: