Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

GoodGuys Car shows
Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Neonist
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:28 am    Post subject: GoodGuys Car shows Reply with quote

Does anyone take there VWs to the GoodGuys events?? what was the reception?? They are typically V8 hot rod guys so wondering if its just best to stay away..
Flush_Gordon337
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:52 am    Post subject: Re: GoodGuys Car shows Reply with quote

I thought the Good-guys shows were strictly American made or powered vehicles.
Malokin Martin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:14 am    Post subject: Re: GoodGuys Car shows Reply with quote

There’s always a few VW’s there. Nobody really cares though. It’s an old crowd, so they’re atleast respectful.

If you have a bunch of friends going, its fun to park with/next to everyone. I probably wouldn’t go solo just because it would kind of be weird. Expect too many people to chat you up about motor conversions.
Neonist
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:26 am    Post subject: Re: GoodGuys Car shows Reply with quote

I do have a motor swap but its not to American power.. Japanese...
Morganwerk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:10 pm    Post subject: Re: GoodGuys Car shows Reply with quote

Back in the 1990s GoodGuys promoted VW only events.
jetskibob
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:56 am    Post subject: Re: GoodGuys Car shows Reply with quote

I'm a guy who has been showing a VW at Street Rod/American car shows for 20+ yrs with my VW. You will have more fun, and talk to more people at a NON VW car show than you will at any VW show. I've been to Goodguys events, and also NSRA events with my car. I own a 1932 Ford Coupe and still prefer taking my Bug to Street Rod shows.

Don't pay any attention to the stereotype that "those hot rod guys only care about American V8s" its total nonsense. Don't get me wrong, VWs are not for everyone, but Chevys aren't for Ford guys, so you won't please everyone, but a "car guy" is a car guy.
60ragtop
Bonneville Belt Bitch

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:36 pm    Post subject: Re: GoodGuys Car shows Reply with quote

jetskibob wrote:
but a "car guy" is a car guy.

And that is why I was asked to join the local chapter of the WYO Street Rod with my 36 HP VW. I'm a card carrying member Laughing
Certified Hunter Wheel Alignment Master Technician 1986

tasb wrote:
I've restored a large number too, but I don't toot my horn quite as loud.

sb001 wrote:
maybe he just snapped cause his car sucked Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
pyrOman
Fire Master

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:11 pm    Post subject: Re: GoodGuys Car shows Reply with quote

While "a car guy is a car guy", there's always that kind... Back when I had my '55 Ford F-100 pickemup truck, I looked for a like minded club. Found it and approached it. Well, their "rules" required first attending so many of their events, so many of their meetings and then they would take a vote to see if you were deemed worthy of being a member of their club. Rolling Eyes

Learning that, I deemed them not worthy of me! Razz

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: