Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Swiveling front seats for EuroVan Weekender?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Forum Index -> Eurovan Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
markcm2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Swiveling front seats for EuroVan Weekender? Reply with quote

57 Zwitter? wrote:
I tried the one from Euro kampers and it was terrible, plus they raised the price from date I ordered (went on Backorder) it until I received it! Raised seat about 2.5 inches, couldn't move seat back and forth after installing. Removed it and got one from CMC in the UK. $243 delivered to USA and it is awesome! Complete new base with either a lock box or just open box.

More information please, can you provide a link?

I have one of the normal North American units and I don't like how high it is.
wildenbeast
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Swiveling front seats for EuroVan Weekender? Reply with quote

For '97 and later vans, you can buy a lowered seat base to compensate for the swivel height. The problem I see is that the new base does not include the connector to install the rear facing seat:
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

https://www.swivel-seats.com/vw-t4/vw-t4-single-base-box.html
markcm2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Swiveling front seats for EuroVan Weekender? Reply with quote

I don't know if they ship to USA but this looks like a good option for a lowered swiveling seatbase with locking compartment

http://www.rainbow-conversions.co.uk/swivels/sport...river.html

[/img]
57 Zwitter?
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Swiveling front seats for EuroVan Weekender? Reply with quote

I got the one without the lockbox. It looks different than the above one. Mine is a square box. Swivels easily, locks into position facing forwards or backwards. No provision for attaching bracket for rear facing seat, but mine was formerly a GLS anyway so it didn't matter. Google CMC UK
57 Zwitter?
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Swiveling front seats for EuroVan Weekender? Reply with quote

Chesire Motor Caravans = CMC
pwcgecko
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Swiveling front seats for EuroVan Weekender? Reply with quote

I purchased the CMC seat base without the lockbox from the UK and installed it the drivers side. I already had the eurocamper swivel adapter on the passenger side which raised the seat 1.5 inches. The CMC base shipped quickly and arrived in about 4 days. Expensive but worth it. I have the 2002 weekender with an upgraded battery so I had to move the aux battery to the passenger side. Luckily everything fit perfectly without any fitting issues. I did have to re-wire to reach to the other side, but it went as smooth as I can expect.

Thanks again samba forum for the wonderful info:
Picture of moving the battery to the passenger side and original driver side base removed.

Both seats now installed with swivel base and adapter. Notice the height difference on the passenger side.

pinetreeporsche
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Xtremjeepn"]

I just got a '97 mini-Winnie. and my seats (swivel, both) don't have those nice plastic surrounds incl with the little pocket-recess. Anyone know if those units came on the Winnebago-- and how to get one or two?
And maybe a bit out of place here, but it's a fact that the EV-Winnie cannot be
started and run with the pass. front seat swiveled (although I'd think it would be good protection in a head-on crash). Can't even move the van into new shade areas at a campground without spinning it to the front. So: has anyone disabled or bypassed this lock out?
murraybot
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:37 am    Post subject: Re: Swiveling front seats for EuroVan Weekender? Reply with quote

@pwcgecko

It looks like you have the swivel seat adapter with the jump seat base intact.
Was there any issues with installing the swivel adapter with the rear facing seat bracket? Eurocampers says that the rear facing seat bracket must be removed.

I would love to have swivel seats but want the ability to install the rear facing seats as well.
pwcgecko
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Swiveling front seats for EuroVan Weekender? Reply with quote

murraybot wrote:
@pwcgecko

It looks like you have the swivel seat adapter with the jump seat base intact.
Was there any issues with installing the swivel adapter with the rear facing seat bracket? Eurocampers says that the rear facing seat bracket must be removed.

I would love to have swivel seats but want the ability to install the rear facing seats as well.

The Jumper seat on the passenger side engages without any issues.
Joshwa
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:41 am    Post subject: Re: Swiveling front seats for EuroVan Weekender? Reply with quote

I went with the CMC seat base for my passenger side. $258 shipped from UK to WA.

http://www.c-m-c.org.uk/t4-swivel-seat-cmc.php

Late model cabin air filter on 93
Euro spec bumper install on 93
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
SPL
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Swiveling front seats for EuroVan Weekender? Reply with quote

I have a 2002 EuroVan Weekender and I also went with the CMC seat base with swivel. I went with the safe option. It took me about 1.5 hours total to install it and I am very happy with the result. Good communication from CMC and no issues at all with shipping. I would recommend it.

I may also do something for the driver side, but I need to think more about the battery issue.

Joshwa wrote:
I went with the CMC seat base for my passenger side. $258 shipped from UK to WA.

http://www.c-m-c.org.uk/t4-swivel-seat-cmc.php
jmciii
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:11 am    Post subject: Re: Swiveling front seats for EuroVan Weekender? Reply with quote

My 2002 MV has the passenger seat already implemented which is great. (I have no clue which part was sourced from where.)

I would like to take on the driver side too. But I'm not excited about the complexity of the aux battery and the potential increase in seat height--all of the things outlined in this thread. This mod strikes me as too much effort for too little return but this conversation is helping me navigate that question. Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this.
Zeitgeist 13
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Swiveling front seats for EuroVan Weekender? Reply with quote

Does anyone have experience with the FASP seat swivel?

http://www.rainbow-conversions.co.uk/swivels/fasp-...-side.html

'89 Bluestar ALH w/12mm Waldo pump, PP764 and GT2052
'01 Weekender --> full camper
y u rune klassik?
SplitBusVanatic
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 1:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Swiveling front seats for EuroVan Weekender? Reply with quote

Yes. I have pair of fasp swivels in my caravelle.
I also have the original vw swivel seats in the middle row.
The fasps are excellent, really really good solid swivels.
In my experience, Second only to the gold standard original vw items.
Fasps raise the seat height by about 30mm.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Zeitgeist 13
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 1:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Swiveling front seats for EuroVan Weekender? Reply with quote

Thanks for the update. I'll look into importing a set.

y u rune klassik?
SplitBusVanatic
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 3:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Swiveling front seats for EuroVan Weekender? Reply with quote

https://www.jennings-seats.co.uk/product/manufactu...le-swivel/

I bought them from here.
Much cheaper.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Zeitgeist 13
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 1:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Swiveling front seats for EuroVan Weekender? Reply with quote

Ok, new direction. A buddy just gave me a swivel he cut out of his T3 Syncro Joker, so I'm attempting to install it into my T4 passenger pedestal. Has anyone done this before? I want to weld it in as low as possible to reduce the increase in height.

y u rune klassik?
Zeitgeist 13
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:07 am    Post subject: Re: Swiveling front seats for EuroVan Weekender? Reply with quote

In case you were wondering, yes it can be done. Late model EVs have different slider mechanisms than the early versions or the T3*, so I had to weld four captive nuts onto the bottom of the swivel in order to bolt the seat down. Other than that, it was just trimming the base to fit, and welding. We're that much closer to converting the van to a full camper.

*Sheesh, I nearly forgot to mention that the T3 sliders need to be cut out of the swivel. Each of them is welded and spot-welded into place. There are thirteen spot welds per each, and they're a pain royale to remove.

y u rune klassik?
SplitBusVanatic
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Swiveling front seats for EuroVan Weekender? Reply with quote

That’s a good result.
Not worth it in Europe though.
As swivels for EuroVan are plentiful here.
(Albeit expensive new).

Still you are in it for Only your time and perseverance.
In itself a satisfying payoff.
EuroVanNewbie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:51 am    Post subject: Re: Swiveling front seats for EuroVan Weekender? Reply with quote

Good Morning All. I appreciate all of the info I have found on this site. You all are amazing.

I was trying just now to purchase one of these swivel bases from CMC. There does not seem to be active links on their page to purchase. Has anyone bought onerecently? I reached out to them and will let you know if they are still being sold.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Eurovan All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: