Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Lincoln Industries information
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
polish kellison
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:40 am    Post subject: Lincoln Industries information Reply with quote

does anyone have any information on Lincoln Industries i have a buggy and after one of my friends fathers came up and has the same buggy he went through some fials and finally found his info he was looking for he has a Lincoln Industries wich is the same body as kellison sandpiper though it has rear fenders any help would be nice thanks
BL3Manx
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They were located in Lincoln, CA. At least one of the buggies they made was the Shark which was a Manx clone. They were the company that Bruce Meyers sued for patent infringement and lost, helping to put him out of business.

Kellison was also located in Lincoln but I'm not sure if they were related to Lincoln Industries at all. There is a long time manufacturer of fiberglass body parts for 4WD truck and Jeep bodies in Lincoln still, called Marlotte Industries, again I'm not sure if they have any relation. However they may actually be in Lincoln Industries former premises.
glassbuggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From my research I believe Lincoln was manufacturing bodies in some way related to Kellisons operation. Either he owned Lincoln Industries or he had bodies made there. There is some connection. Exactly what I am not sure. The Sandpiper SP1 is exactly the same as the Sandpiper in the Lincoln ads. There is more but I dont have my info in front of me.
BL3Manx
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know Joe(jsturtlebuggy) visited Kellison in the 60s, maybe he knows. There might also have been a relationship between Kellison/Lincoln and Fiberjet Industries. They came along a bit later but were in Roseville which is just a few miles away.
polish kellison
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool i just want to see due to the fact that i was told that my body is one of 5 that were ever made i have 2 and my buddy's father has one he said they were made in the north eastern
BL3Manx
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't be surprised at all if the bodies you have were made someplace locally to you. I think the vast majority of all buggy bodies were made by someone who splashed a mold of a body, rather than by established brand name businesses.

What exactly do the documents in the file you found say? I think it would enhance the value/appeal of your buggy a bit if you did have documents to say its a genuine Lincoln Ind./Kellison.

Hale says Kellison took over the buggy/sports car body business from Lincoln Industries after Lincoln's business practices caught up with them.

http://books.google.com/books?id=FiwXPBt1MbsC&...mp;f=false
jsturtlebuggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I remember that Lincoln Industries was first before Jim Kellison took it over in the same location in downtown Lincoln next to the railroad tracks on Hiway 65 near the intersection where 193 comes into town.
As BL3 says Malotte is in the same place as Kellison was.
Jim Kellison went on to build a kit car that looked like a Cobra.
Last thing I heard he was doing he was in the jewelry business before he past away several years ago.
Never heard what happen to any of the molds.
FiberJet was in Roseville between the high school and the railroad tracks before moving to the other side of the tracks on Atlantic st. When those building were torn down Tim moved it to Ivy st. FiberJet was the last shop in the area I knew of that was making bodies before it closed. One person has the buggy body molds except the Tow'd molds which I heard went to the dump.
Fun Products was another local fiberglass buggy shop in Sacramento located on Auburn Blvd.
Another place that that made buggy bodies I remember was Allied on N. 16th street on the way out of downtown Sacramento.
Motion Tire Motorsports
Having fun with Dune Buggies since 1970
Into Volkswagens since 1960
polish kellison
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya his documentation says lincoln industries and that the body was made on the easter cost like the man that had sold it to him said there were only 5 of them mad though when they made the bodys they did not clean the molds bettwen makes so if you look on both of mine and my buddys you can see the gell coats collors from the body before
GetPsycho
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool PICTURES PLEASE Cool
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
Mopar2u426
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Lincoln Industries information Reply with quote

This has got to be one of the 5 cars they built....cant be anything else...thoughts??
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

GetPsycho
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Lincoln Industries information Reply with quote

Looks exactly like mine, except for the rear fenders.
The way they sweep down and back is really different.
I've seen a lot of Kellison's, and a lit of clones, but never
anything like that.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
BL3Manx
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Lincoln Industries information Reply with quote

Mopar2u426 wrote:
This has got to be one of the 5 cars they built....cant be anything else...thoughts??

There were at least three companies which made versions of the Sandpiper Pickup; Lincoln Industries, Kellison and Hill Engineering Company. They are discussed in threads on the Dune Buggy Archives Forum.

I believe the Kellison and Hill both had turned up rear fenders. I read Lincoln only made 5 before their mold broke. Also sand collected in the rear fender of their version.

Your version with the turned down rear fender is the only one I've seen like that also.

http://www.dunebuggyarchives.com/forum/topic_show.pl?pid=19433;hl=
EasternNotch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2023 3:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Lincoln Industries information Reply with quote

Hello-
old thread here but I came across it while trying to ID this T-buggy I came across recently. It looks like a kellison but has turned down rear fenders similar to the one above. I am going to get some better pix when i get it out of the owner's garage next week. poor thing has been off the roads since 1996

-Lucas

1969 Fastback
1989 Doka AFN TDI
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
NJ John
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2023 12:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Lincoln Industries information Reply with quote

Looks like good gel coat.
https://www.youtube.com/@AirSpooledGarage
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: