Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

remote starter
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
calvinater
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:13 am    Post subject: remote starter Reply with quote

looking for a remote starter for wifes 2011 subaru , anyone got any recommendations ?
anthracitedub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:27 am    Post subject: Re: remote starter Reply with quote

I’ve had decent experience with local car audio shops... both times I’ve had viper brand installed. My truck came with a titan brand installed... whoever did it did a rather poor job splicing in and I had to go through it and fix a few connections, but the customer support for this product was very good, they helped me t/s the install and get it set up.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
heimlich Premium Member
VWNOS.com

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:55 pm    Post subject: Re: remote starter Reply with quote

Viper has been around a long time. It's a good brand.

Go to the car audio place and ask them if they can fit something that works with your existing remote.

If your car's a manual make sure not to leave it in gear before pressing the button.
5% Off your order with coupon code: 5%OFF
Restored Distributors Available (<--Click here)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
nsracing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:21 pm    Post subject: Re: remote starter Reply with quote

I like the SnapOn kind -really big! Lasts a long time. Even test lights I love SnapON brands.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
chickengeorge
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:54 pm    Post subject: Re: remote starter Reply with quote

You have any kids? "Go start the car!".
ach60 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:50 pm    Post subject: Re: remote starter Reply with quote

chickengeorge wrote:
You have any kids? "Go start the car!".

My Mother and Father had Ford station wagons "With the Big T-Bird Engines".
She told a story several times of trying to start these beasts in the dead of winter.
Opening the hood, removing the air cleaner, shooting ether into the carb, and trying to get the car running,
all while trying to keep your ladylike white gloves clean.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
nsracing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:33 pm    Post subject: Re: remote starter Reply with quote

I love watching a fully clothed woman start a truck. Very Happy
heimlich Premium Member
VWNOS.com

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:04 pm    Post subject: Re: remote starter Reply with quote

nsracing wrote:
I love watching a fully clothed woman start a truck. Very Happy

As opposed to a naked one?
5% Off your order with coupon code: 5%OFF
Restored Distributors Available (<--Click here)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
nsracing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:13 pm    Post subject: Re: remote starter Reply with quote

In this day and age? YOu cannot have those two words in the same sentence without getting into some trouble.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: