Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Here's a reason not to drive your Beetle daily
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
cbeck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Here's a reason not to drive your Beetle daily Reply with quote

glad you are ok.

Link
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Here's a reason not to drive your Beetle daily Reply with quote

Glenn wrote:

And the insurance company decided it was cheaper to total the car, 17 months old and no airbag went off, than repair it. (not like i wanted it back).

That stuff blows my mind. I know it happens all the time, but it just doesn't seem to make sense.

Oh well, just build another one I guess.
Das67bus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Here's a reason not to drive your Beetle daily Reply with quote

Nasty s&#@ for sure, glad you're OK, Bud.

You know, it is a risk, but I love driving my bus and will do so as much as possible. I know stuff happens but you can't live scared. If it happens, it happens. It's a blast driving the bus and I'll accept the consequences of driving it. Hopefully we'll all be OK.

Rock on!! VW Logo

COMFORTABLY NUMB!!
-Pink Floyd
nsracing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Here's a reason not to drive your Beetle daily Reply with quote

Terrible.

But I am NOT going to be cowed into not driving my car coz I might get into a wreck is ridicoulus.

Someone has said, if you want to keep safe stay in bed. Even that is no guarantee.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
heimlich Premium Member
VWNOS.com

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Here's a reason not to drive your Beetle daily Reply with quote

There are wrecks you will walk away from and those you will not. Some cars are safer for the ones you won't and others are not. It's all statistics and you really won't know until it happens.
5% Off your order with coupon code: 5%OFF
Restored Distributors Available (<--Click here)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:30 am    Post subject: Re: Here's a reason not to drive your Beetle daily Reply with quote

ROCKOROD71 wrote:
Glenn wrote:

The Subaru has 26,000 and I already told the dealer to price a Impreza replacement and maybe.. a WRX.

Anyone know a Vanagon that needs an engine? The engine runs and nothing leaked so I bet its still good.

Contact Skills in the baywindow forum. He can put it to use!

What will skills do with a garbage truck?
scottyrocks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:43 am    Post subject: Re: Here's a reason not to drive your Beetle daily Reply with quote

If that happened to by Bug I'd be crushed . . . well, you know what I mean.
ach60 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Here's a reason not to drive your Beetle daily Reply with quote

IF I recall Glenn has over 472,000 miles on his Bug.
I'm sure more than once there was a close call in the time it took to drive that many miles.
We all have to make up our own minds when we take a car out of daily service.
My daily is a '01 Passat wagon V6 5 speed, and lately every one comments how rare a manual transmission is today.
It's a 17 year old car(Made in Dec 2000), with a 160K on it, that I've always maintained to the highest standard.
My 2nd daily is a '05 New Beetle Convertible, now that I moved, and my commute is 30 miles all freeway this car isn't as much fun as a commuter.
When I lived in a urban area the NBC was a blast.
I'll run the Passat until an accident or repair cost is worth more than the car to me.
But I have been Jonesing for a new car, and wondering in a world of new cars, and SUV/Trucks that continue to get ever bigger just how safe my daily drivers really are.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
79SuperVert
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Here's a reason not to drive your Beetle daily Reply with quote

Wow. Just saw this. Glad you're OK, Glenn.

It's true, you never know when something's going to happen. Maybe never in the VW. I was stopped in the minivan at a red light last night with my son-in-law, daughter and four day old grandson, when I heard some crazy scrubbing noise, and looked in the rear view mirror to see a big pick up truck filling up the mirror, and clouds of rubber smoke everywhere. The driver had been switching lanes in a crazy rush and popped into my lane only to see me at the very last second. After the light changed he continued to drive like a madman. Our lives would have been changed forever in an instant. I asked all of us to thank God that we lived to see another day.

Wanted: Art Collins VW (Savannah, Georgia) items - license plate surrounds and other items. Also ivory "AM", "FM" and "SW" buttons for a US Blaupunkt Frankfurt.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: