Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts  See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Thoughts on a Bradley GT
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
ReVo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:31 pm    Post subject: Thoughts on a Bradley GT Reply with quote

Hello everyone! I'm new to this site and sort of new to the VW world. Since I was a kid I have dreamed of two things. 1. Owning a sports car of some type. 2. Owning a VW Split window. Since I can't do the second thing due to the fact my funds won't allow I felt I could at the very least sort of kill two birds with one proverbial stone. Ergo the kit car. I found a complete Bradley GT on a 69 chassis with a 1900 dual port. The car runs, drives and needs little to get it up to speed. However, it needs floorpans and a little love. The frame is strait and solid but has some surface rust on the rear suspension components and it needs a oil pressure sensor. The gel coat is there but needs a good buffing. My main question here would be is it worth 1600 dollars? It has a clean title. (as a beetle)
jspbtown
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Thoughts on a Bradley GT Reply with quote

$1600 is not unreasonable. Does it have its doors? Those are almost impossible to find.

What are your mechanical abilities?
ReVo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Thoughts on a Bradley GT Reply with quote

I was an auto mechanic for 7 years plus I took two years of an engineering class in high school where I hand built three full suspension buggies from scratch. I also currently work on medical endoscopes. So I guess I'm relatively good with my hands. lol Very Happy The Bradley has both plexiglass doors which I'm certain have been remade with lexan. It also has the fastback rear glass.
SBD
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Thoughts on a Bradley GT Reply with quote

Sounds like you could handle the mechanical aspects of the car. The price sounds reasonable. If you posted some pictures we might be able to tell you more. Get it. Have fun with it. I drive my Kelmark all over the place! Cool

mark tucker wrote:
I wouldent waste $ or thyme on building a small motor. build it big so it dosent have to work hard.remember it's only as fast as your foot alows it to be unless you build a small turd then it just stinks as it squishes up through your toes when you step on it.
ReVo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:39 am    Post subject: Re: Thoughts on a Bradley GT Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Not the best photos but they will work!
jspbtown
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:41 am    Post subject: Re: Thoughts on a Bradley GT Reply with quote

Yup....worth $1600. If would buy it.
heywebonya
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:15 am    Post subject: Re: Thoughts on a Bradley GT Reply with quote

$1600 is a great price for the car. Looks like a freshen up will be perfect. Drive it for at least a summer BEFORE you do any upgrades (other than safety or minimum efforts), otherwise it will be a money hole.

What part of MI?
wythac
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Thoughts on a Bradley GT Reply with quote

Not a huge Bradley fan but I think that looks like it is all there and has huge fun potential!

I would throw out only a few questions which anyone buying any kit car should ask themselves:

Once it is done, do I expect to get my money back out of it in cash, or fun? If its fun, go for it.

Am I looking for a project or something that "just needs a few things" that I can drive? I think you are a project guy, so again, I'd say go for it. The guy wanting to just drive it is likely to get frustrated.

Its low, its slippery aerodynamically (relative to other ACVWs) and with even minor suspension and powerplant work, can give you a lotta good times. If you've got the money, the space, the skills and the time, I don't know why its not already in your shop!

Good luck. If you buy it start a build thread here, its nice to see a car like this get good treatment!

Love that the same material used on the seats was used on the whole interior of the car. If that stuff isn't really glued down, removing it and coating those drum heads, I mean interior body panels, with some sound deadening material would be good. The two Bradleys I rode in were noisier than my buggy.

Last edited by wythac on Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
SBD
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Thoughts on a Bradley GT Reply with quote

I would have already brought it home! Very Happy

And my wife would have killed me. Rolling Eyes

mark tucker wrote:
I wouldent waste $ or thyme on building a small motor. build it big so it dosent have to work hard.remember it's only as fast as your foot alows it to be unless you build a small turd then it just stinks as it squishes up through your toes when you step on it.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: