Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official Type 34 thread
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 58, 59, 60  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Type 3 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
thom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Type 34 thread Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

1957 23-Window Deluxe
1957 Mercedes Westfalia single cab
1963 Unimog 404
1965 E-Type
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
reay
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:30 am    Post subject: Re: Official Type 34 thread Reply with quote

thom wrote:

Sweetness and Lite

Da weiss man, was man hat!

68 Karmann Ghia Sunroof / auto T345
66 Standard Microbus T221
66 1200a Standard 115 with factory ragtop
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Type 34 thread Reply with quote

I felt like randomly posting this ad from Israel
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1953341

Since he's in Israel it occurred to me his car might not be in the Registry.
Contact him?
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
W1K1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:55 am    Post subject: Re: Official Type 34 thread Reply with quote

some T34 coverage from petrolicious

http://petrolicious.com/this-vw-type-34-ghia-razor-is-the-beauty-next-to-the-beach

1973 super
1965 squareback 1500E
1971 bay window westy- subi swap
ALLWAGONS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:36 am    Post subject: Re: Official Type 34 thread Reply with quote

Saw this type 34 at the pre Rose Parade Cruise.

I recycle old cars and parts, other than when I rot, that's as Green as I am going to get.

Thanks to my Tesla driving neighbors, I feel more relaxed driving my SUBURBAN and old VW's.

NON INFLUENCER APPROVED
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
t3kg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Type 34 thread Reply with quote

Looks like a late one. I haven't seen it around before.
2011: 50 Years of the VW Type 3 / September 29–October 1 / California Central Coast
thom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Type 34 thread Reply with quote

1957 23-Window Deluxe
1963 Unimog 404
1965 E-Type
tanhis
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:43 am    Post subject: Re: Official Type 34 thread Reply with quote

Nice colour and nice picture but working under the car whit seems to have only the support of a original jack, not good.
-73 411 variant all metal custom
-69 typ 2, 9 seater
-89 vanagon camper conversion matkaaja
-08 3.0tdi phaeton
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
thom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Type 34 thread Reply with quote

tanhis wrote:
Nice colour and nice picture but working under the car whit seems to have only the support of a original jack, not good.

Look on the bright side: there will soon be another T34 on the market...
1957 23-Window Deluxe
1963 Unimog 404
1965 E-Type
Kharon8
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:42 am    Post subject: Re: Official Type 34 thread Reply with quote

Some progress on mine: nothing actually happens yet but if nothing more urgent comes by, the body guy and me start the restoring next winter.

Some rust holes, some old patches and who knows what else needs to be removed and doors/door openings fitted, so there's a lot of body work.

Interior is mostly OK, only carpets are missing and I don't have even bad ones to use as a template.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
MonT3
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:49 am    Post subject: Re: Official Type 34 thread Reply with quote

In case someone with interest and didn't see it posted...
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2083857
63 Squareback
Engine rebuild
Trailer rebuild
Kharon8
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Type 34 thread Reply with quote

Kharon8 wrote:
Some progress on mine: nothing actually happens yet but if nothing more urgent comes by, the body guy and me start the restoring next winter.

Nothing more urgent happened and we fetched the T34 from countryside barn (stored there 7 years) to shop and disassembly started immediately.

And, as usual, we soon found everything from fiberglass to pieces riveted on.

Well, we've whole winter to work with it. Fortunately most parts seems to exist, only the body is quite beaten.

Some pictures after disassembly:
http://kharon.suomiforum.com/www/ghia3/#2017-11
Bill T234
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Type 34 thread Reply with quote

Back in the game again! Lace up!!😜

DBK Las Vegas
www.Letstalkdubs.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ibjack
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:34 am    Post subject: Re: Official Type 34 thread Reply with quote

Bill T234 wrote:
Back in the game again! Lace up!!😜

With what you did last time, I'm curious of what your plans are this time around. Try restoring it as close to stock as possible just to see how hard that is compared to a custom. I'm sure what ever you do will be amazing. Welcome back!
the1500club.com
Shop Lacky at the T3/34 Factory, https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100094313902074
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Kharon8
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:19 am    Post subject: Re: Official Type 34 thread Reply with quote

Overall progress in restoration: Base plate and huge amount of small parts sand blasted, repaired and painted.

Brakes on the desk, will be painted also.

Some repair panels came from Belgium and a pile of seals should arrive at some day.

Also noticed I've to order more panels. Progress anyway.

Picture page http://kharon.suomiforum.com/www/ghia3/#2017-12 also updated in Wednesday.
Kharon8
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Type 34 thread Reply with quote

Hello people!

Quick question:

I remember I saw someone making T34 lower section of the nose, didn't bookmark it and now, when I need one I can't find it even with a seach engine. Augh.

Does anyone have a link or other pointers on hand?

T.
Kharon8
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:28 am    Post subject: Re: Official Type 34 thread Reply with quote

Kharon8 wrote:
Hello people!

Quick question:

I remember I saw someone making T34 lower section of the nose, didn't bookmark it and now, when I need one I can't find it even with a seach engine. Augh.

Does anyone have a link or other pointers on hand?

T.

Well, we made it from the scratch so no need anymore. Instead I've surplus inner fender pieces around front bumper mounts if someone needs ... Eventually the hole was small enough to fix without repair piece.

Otherwise progress is good, front end is almost done, rockers are mostly done and rear corners are under construction. Fortunately no collision damage and once rockers are fixed the doors fit nicely too.

Meanwhile I've been polishing lights and other chrome parts and most of them came out as usable. That's good. Some seals found also but still many missing.

Fortunately German weather is so cool that most of the original seals are still usable, but will be replaced (not thrown away) if new, better ones can be found.

We also found a re-chromed front bumper from a local hobbyist, leaving only other rear bumper guard missing/very bad as the other is steel, that's easy to re-chrome and bumper blade pieces need that anyway.

As far as I know, no-one rechromes aluminium here in North, any sources in US or elsewhere?

One or two aluminium guards are so light that sending them around doesn't cost a lot.
Bobnotch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Type 34 thread Reply with quote

You might want to contact Carston Klein in Germany. He might know where you can get some aluminum replating done.
64 T-34 Ghia...aka Wolfie, under construction... http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=412120
Tram wrote:
"Friends are God's way of apologizing for relatives."
Tram wrote:
People keep confusing "restored" and "restroyed".
Kharon8
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:06 am    Post subject: Re: Official Type 34 thread Reply with quote

Hello Bob & others!

Actually that was the next step and with a little detective work I found one company here in Finland doing plating, just like factory did.

But IMHO for industrial purposes so the end result isn't as shiny as original and quite a hefty price too, ~90 euros + VAT for each.

I'll send them one of the worst ones and we'll see what they can do, the others have to do as they are for now: Foglight reflectors are usable and the other headlight but the other headlight reflector has some rust and and poor spots so I was wondering if Ghia/Beetle reflector fits.

It looks like type34 has slightly smaller parts (diameter) but I haven't measured (no Beetle parts in hand and I couldn't find the diameter of it) so that's just a guess.
Bobnotch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Type 34 thread Reply with quote

This is where you might want to look for a standard type 3, 3 screw headlight assembly. I only say that as I found that some of the parts used are type 3 parts. In fact when I rebuilt my car it got sealed beam headlights, and used Hella headlight buckets and parts to assemble them.
64 T-34 Ghia...aka Wolfie, under construction... http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=412120
Tram wrote:
"Friends are God's way of apologizing for relatives."
Tram wrote:
People keep confusing "restored" and "restroyed".
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Type 3 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 58, 59, 60  Next
Jump to:
Page 41 of 60

Jump to: