Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Any dates on Thing East for 2018 yet?
Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
gblair
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:16 am    Post subject: Any dates on Thing East for 2018 yet? Reply with quote

I am trying to plan 2018 schedules and was wondering if there has been a date nailed down yet for the 2018 Thing East?
Thanks
Gerald
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Ron Domeck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Any dates on Thing East for 2018 yet? Reply with quote

Mike Crisp should have details soon. Last I talked to Mike it was in Columbus NC the weekend of July 14 2018.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
gblair
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:24 am    Post subject: Re: Any dates on Thing East for 2018 yet? Reply with quote

Thanks Ron
Planing the Thing show and the Model T show for 2018. The Thing show is the priority for us. Looking forward to it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Ron Domeck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:04 am    Post subject: Re: Any dates on Thing East for 2018 yet? Reply with quote

Were is the "T" show? I have a 1921 Depot Hack.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
gblair
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:17 am    Post subject: Re: Any dates on Thing East for 2018 yet? Reply with quote

It is in Richmond Indiana July 8-13th. Registration starts on January 2. From the meeting last weekend they want to limit to 150 Model T's but think it might be more like 200. They have a lot planed for the week.
sam_w
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:54 am    Post subject: Re: Any dates on Thing East for 2018 yet? Reply with quote

Any updates?
I want to do east and west in 2018.
I will go from Cupertino, to KTW then KTE, then vintage meet in Seattle then home.

I think I will take my 73 with the 2054 motor, instead of my well behaved 74.
mondshine
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:49 am    Post subject: Re: Any dates on Thing East for 2018 yet? Reply with quote

That's a very ambitious plan Sam.
You are the undisputed mileage/endurance king.
I am planning to attend both the west and east shows myself next year.
With almost a month between shows, there should be enough recovery time for me (and the Thing).
Hope to see you at KTW, Mondshine
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sam_w
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Any dates on Thing East for 2018 yet? Reply with quote

This is what I plan to do, VW gods willing.
I'll probably drive 7,000 miles.
Will need to readjust the valves and change the oil.
Need to carry some zinc additive.

Chino is for Kubel Treffen West, Flat Rock North Carolina for KTE and Seattle for Vintage meet and my daughter in Olympia WA, I'll also go visit my cousins in Vancouver BC.

When I went to KTE years ago, I had a massive supply of spare parts, I guess I will try to find them, and hope not to use them again!
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Here is what I took in 2010.

Last edited by sam_w on Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:31 pm; edited 3 times in total
sam_w
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Any dates on Thing East for 2018 yet? Reply with quote

I now realise that I had it wrong, Richmond is for the model T show, where will Kubel Treffen East be held?
DerrickfromNC1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Any dates on Thing East for 2018 yet? Reply with quote

sam_w wrote:
I now realise that I had it wrong, Richmond is for the model T show, where will Kubel Treffen East be held?

http://kubeltreffen181.com/kubel-treffen-east-2018/
gblair
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Any dates on Thing East for 2018 yet? Reply with quote

Quote:
http://kubeltreffen181.com/kubel-treffen-east-2018/

Is the date on the website (July 14 2018) locked in? If so I will plan accordingly. If not let us know.

Thanks
Gerald
Ron Domeck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Any dates on Thing East for 2018 yet? Reply with quote

Yes, Mike has made plans with the Hotel and he has had that date since Kubel Treffen East last July.
citroen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Any dates on Thing East for 2018 yet? Reply with quote

You do know that you can always go to our website for all the info as it is known http://kubeltreffen181.com
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: