Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

D.L.Olson - [email protected]
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: D.L.Olson
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: December 02, 2023
xhogoner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:47 pm    Post subject: Re: D.L.Olson - [email protected] Reply with quote

He (THEY) strikes again, they must be doing the good cop bad cop routine. Dan was the good one and the son was the bad when they ripped me off. I have been dealing with them for almost 10 months, with no results. We all have to stick together to keep them from ripping folks off. So how much did you finally pay( got ripped off)? Such good workmanship from a man that has been in this "Business" for over 30 years and is still in it.
Quote:
" The Apple doesn't fall far from the tree". Post a short video on YouTube. Put some stuff on FaceBook warn others.
Roger66
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:49 am    Post subject: Re: D.L.Olson - [email protected] Reply with quote

I also came across Dan's add in the Samba at the end of June this year. After talking with him on the phone he had all the right answers to all my questions and he sounded like a true VW lover and a stand up guy. I ordered a 1600 DP longblock and paid in full $1700 through Paypal in early July. Dan assured me that my powerplant would be built and shipped to me within 10 days to 2 weeks. At 3 weeks no engine or word from Dan. I contacted him and he assured me that it would be coming that he was just waiting on a couple parts then it would be built and on its way to me. After a couple more weeks no word from Dan I messaged him to get nothing but excuses as to why it was not ready. After 60 days and no engine I messaged Dan and told him that I would like my money back if my engine wasn't on its way by the end of the week. At that time he sent me some pictures of an engine on a stand and said it was mine and said it would be crated up and sent to me by weeks end. In the pictures I noticed that one of the exhaust studs on the head was busted off flush at the head. I questioned Dan about it (it was supposed to be a rebuilt German head, rebuilt by his local machine shop) I asked Dan what kind of machine shop rebuilds heads and leaves broken studs on the head? Now I'm really worried! Dan informed me that would be taken care of and my motor would be shipped that Friday and he would contact me with the shipping details. So the weekend comes and goes with no word from Dan so I contacted Dan on Monday as to see the status and he had more excuses about why it wasn't done. At that time I told him I would like a refund and he told me he would refund my money only after my engine had sold on the open market which could take 2-8 weeks maybe longer. At that time I contacted Paypal and asked for a refund through them. They went through there refund protocol and contacted Dan several times so he could dispute. After no replies from Dan Paypal refunded my money back to me in full. So a warning to potential buyers, WATCH OUT FOR THIS GUY!!! He will tell you what you want to here to get your money then give you every excuse in the book.
xhogoner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:31 am    Post subject: Re: D.L.Olson - [email protected] Reply with quote

This is only the tip of the iceberg, How many times and how many good people have been scammed and ripped off by these two lying crooks.
"Why has he gotten away with this?"
"Why hasn't he or son (he is banned from thesamba, but is right next to his dishonest father.) put something on feedback or any type of reply?"
"Why is he still allowed on theSamba and allowed to do this over and over again."

We have to inform others around the local and international VW community of this individual and son.
Finndog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:22 pm    Post subject: Re: D.L.Olson - [email protected] Reply with quote

It ceases to amaze me that this guy is still doing business
I finally pulled an engine apart he "rebuilt" for me that lasted approximately four miles
He has yet to return any calls other than to call me a liar.
Again his work quality is poor ,his skills at building an engine are next to nil.
BAN HIM now!
Otherwise others will be ripped off.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:51 pm    Post subject: Re: D.L.Olson - [email protected] Reply with quote

I see some additional complaints were posted recently.

Finndog:
I see you posted almost a year ago but not with any detailed information..
Please post some info on what you bought and when and some info on the engine. Pics too, if you like
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
xhogoner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:33 pm    Post subject: Re: D.L.Olson - [email protected] Reply with quote

To all, I have been ripped off by said individual and son. This has happen and he has thrent me too. I know that I am not the only one, but I will make sure you all are aware of this. I have made several request to get him band from TheSamba permanently and as you all can see it has not hapened. "HOW MANY MORE PEOPLE DOES HE (THEY) HAVE TO RIPP OFF"? They should not of been allowed to redo what they do over and over again. If anything was posted today or yesterday ( a year ago) inreguards to these two and was shared by mebers with no reply from them in this post. We shoulld ask "WHY".
xhogoner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:54 pm    Post subject: Re: D.L.Olson - [email protected] Reply with quote

Going on for over a year and no replies from Dan Olson, harleydan2011@gmail ( this e-mail is not working) or try to reach him at 928-208-6531. He will not return or try to call me or e-mail. It is more then obviously that he will not post nothing on this feed back. With only one word to discribe both father and son team the world would be Liers. As seen on YouTube "Dan Olson son at Williston Fl. 2 April 2017". " " QUOTE" " , " We are men of our words"( more like we are men of lies) Also see on YouTube 20170402 104541 this is the defective engine that I got from them, the #3 side tapping / knocking. Engine was on craigslist advertised as a 1776 rebuilt long block with a warantee on it.

He was asked to refund or return the engine and parts from a lot of folks and he hasn't. I have gotten so many excuses, been insulted and threaten by them. I have gotten another engine in Aug.2017. Why do I want anything but my money back from these two.

Any real business would not of taken this long to fix this, but it is most likly a illegal, not register, doing out of state commerce and not any type of license or certified (ASE) mechanic. I am really surprised that the state of AZ. hasn't done nothing. With all the money that he has ripped off from a lot of folk that are out of that state and then run back and hide in AZ. Mad
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: