Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

The Surviving 1967 VW Bug Registry
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 66, 67, 68 ... 79, 80, 81  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
91talon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:43 pm    Post subject: Re: The Surviving 1967 VW Bug Registry Reply with quote

Since the guy we're supposed to PM hasn't been on since April, I'm going to list my car here:

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
67ctbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:04 pm    Post subject: Re: The Surviving 1967 VW Bug Registry Reply with quote

Nice bug and your first on page 67 of the '67 thread Laughing
'63 Ragtop
'73 914
'73 Dodge W200
'72 Dodge Wrecker
Go Cubs!
World Series Champions 2016
KentPS wrote:
...or the PO envied the terrorists' bus in "Back to the Future". Laughing

mukluk wrote:
He's fine, just waiting for the dragon in winklepickers to move out of his lane.
91talon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:20 pm    Post subject: Re: The Surviving 1967 VW Bug Registry Reply with quote

67ctbug wrote:
Nice bug and your first on page 67 of the '67 thread Laughing

So I am!! I guess that means I have a super special bug! Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
PatrickK
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:28 pm    Post subject: Re: The Surviving 1967 VW Bug Registry Reply with quote

I received this 67 as payment for painting a friend's basement. Took around 4 years before I got it to a point I could drive it. Still a few things to do, but she runs!

When I got it...

Primed...

Door panels going on...

67ctbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:35 am    Post subject: Re: The Surviving 1967 VW Bug Registry Reply with quote

Java is one of the nicest colors on bugs.
'63 Ragtop
'73 914
'73 Dodge W200
'72 Dodge Wrecker
Go Cubs!
KentPS wrote:

mukluk wrote:
He's fine, just waiting for the dragon in winklepickers to move out of his lane.
davidw99
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:57 am    Post subject: Re: The Surviving 1967 VW Bug Registry Reply with quote

Original Savanna Beige. # 117778085. Matching pan and body. Non-original motor.

'73 Saturn Yellow Sports Bug that has undergone a full pan off restoration. "Herbert IV."

'67 Sedan. "Bellamy." Currently being "refreshed" and recently repainted.
RattyFab
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:51 pm    Post subject: Re: The Surviving 1967 VW Bug Registry Reply with quote

Id like to start by saying hello. This is my first post ever in a vw forum. This is also my first aircooled. I absolutely love this car. This is what i know. 67 beetle "barn find". Has some patina and character. Ive done very little to it so far and learned alot. This is Rosa.

[/img]
67ctbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:46 pm    Post subject: Re: The Surviving 1967 VW Bug Registry Reply with quote

Hey man, welcome! I saw your bug at the show last month or the month before. I saw that beauty on Craigslist in RI a few months back, is that where you got it from? The patina is amazing!
'63 Ragtop
'73 914
'73 Dodge W200
'72 Dodge Wrecker
Go Cubs!
KentPS wrote:

mukluk wrote:
RattyFab
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:23 pm    Post subject: Re: The Surviving 1967 VW Bug Registry Reply with quote

Thanks for the welcome! Yeah at the show in ct. I actually got it from ct. Mass title and i have some cook receipts from colorado. Its come a long way since the show. Runs great now and drives awesome. Still lots to do and learn. I love the patina on this thing. I wet sanded a few of the spray priner spots off and found more colors on it lol.
67ctbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:37 pm    Post subject: Re: The Surviving 1967 VW Bug Registry Reply with quote

RattyFab wrote:
I actually got it from ct. Mass title and i have some cook receipts from colorado.
Really...interesting, maybe it was some kind of flipper type of thing, it was on RI CL in like August or July.
RattyFab wrote:
Its come a long way since the show. Runs great now and drives awesome. Still lots to do and learn. I love the patina on this thing. I wet sanded a few of the spray priner spots off and found more colors on it lol.
Sounds great man, should start a thread about it!
'63 Ragtop
'73 914
'73 Dodge W200
'72 Dodge Wrecker
Go Cubs!
KentPS wrote:

mukluk wrote:
RattyFab
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:40 pm    Post subject: Re: The Surviving 1967 VW Bug Registry Reply with quote

I started a thread, hope i did it right haha.
Yeah im not sure. Its an awesome car and im stoked to own it. It makes me unreal happy. Now to find a type 3 for my wife.
67ctbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:41 pm    Post subject: Re: The Surviving 1967 VW Bug Registry Reply with quote

It's a great car man! I'll check out your thread.
'63 Ragtop
'73 914
'73 Dodge W200
'72 Dodge Wrecker
Go Cubs!
KentPS wrote:

mukluk wrote:
Sqrbckguy38
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:17 pm    Post subject: Re: The Surviving 1967 VW Bug Registry Reply with quote

RattyFab wrote:
Now to find a type 3 for my wife.

Excellent idea. Welcome to the show. I have both my 67, and a few type 3s, and I love them all. Only thing I wish I still had was a ragtop. Nice looking beetle.
67 Beetle, Opal
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
RattyFab
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:22 am    Post subject: Re: The Surviving 1967 VW Bug Registry Reply with quote

Sqrbckguy38 wrote:
RattyFab wrote:
Now to find a type 3 for my wife.

Excellent idea. Welcome to the show. I have both my 67, and a few type 3s, and I love them all. Only thing I wish I still had was a ragtop. Nice looking beetle.

Thanks. Id like a few more aicooleds in general ha. Id love to find a ragtop, hopefully in the future. Now i just need to get her to pick out a type 3. Every week its a different style
mikrobi67
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:21 am    Post subject: Re: The Surviving 1967 VW Bug Registry Reply with quote

hi
this is my survivor

two owners
matching number..
zenith blue
Thread
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:57 pm    Post subject: Re: The Surviving 1967 VW Bug Registry Reply with quote

Here's my survivor, owned it for 24 years and it's my first car. Recently returned to the road after 10 years with a broken clutch cable tube. Going in this week for a restoration including a return to the original Savannah Beige.

I've ordered a birth certificate back in September so I should have the build date soon.

VIN is 117695981

Disregard the oil spot. It was leftovers from a rolled top of a valve cover gasket. Replaced the gasket and made sure it is seated right. Leak fixed.

Last edited by Thread on Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
swharris
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:55 am    Post subject: Re: The Surviving 1967 VW Bug Registry Reply with quote

[quote="RattyFab"]Id like to start by saying hello. This is my first post ever in a vw forum. This is also my first aircooled. I absolutely love this car. This is what i know. 67 beetle "barn find". Has some patina and character. Ive done very little to it so far and learned alot. This is Rosa.

[quote]

Welcome! The deck lid vent mod is unique Wink That mini bike brings back many memories of out of control no brakes rides as a kid!
swharris
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:17 am    Post subject: Re: The Surviving 1967 VW Bug Registry Reply with quote

[/quote]
No, not factory installed.

These were installed on older cars in the late 70's early 80's when the State of California required a retrofit NOX reduction device (essentially an EGR system) in order to get your vehicle registration or transfer the title upon sale.

By the late 80s new Ca smog laws came into effect and pre-75 cars were given an exemption from bi-annual inspections. Most people ripped the device off and trashed them, but the hole that was drilled into the top of the air cleaner is near irreversible.[/quote]

I should know that I guess. Have lived here my entire life and remember having to wait in those long lines at the state-run inspection stations in my '72 240Z. Every time I'd be sweating it out. lol.
jeff a.k.a. kaferboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:09 am    Post subject: Re: The Surviving 1967 VW Bug Registry Reply with quote

Here's mine!

I got the birth certificate while I was a guest of VW in Wolfsburg. I am a auto journalist, so I work with a lot of car companies and they regularly fly me out to their factories.

Model: VW 1500 Limousine

Motor ex factory: “H” 1,5l 32kW/44PS

Color ex-factory: “zenitblau” (Code: L639)

Upholstery ex-factory: air permeable fabric, color: black

Production: 21.11.1966

Delivery: 24.11.1966

And as my PR minders soon learned while I was in Wolfsburg, that I am a VW freak, they allowed me to not only get in, but DRIVE the very FIRST and LAST VW Beetles. The first one, being the personal car of Ferdinand Porsche. I also got to drive grandson, Ferdiand Piech's 1963 bug also. This was at Wolfburg in the Autostadt museum.
RedBaronofRedBud
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:44 am    Post subject: Re: The Surviving 1967 VW Bug Registry Reply with quote

We just added this one recently. We call her Sandy and I'm planning on giving her an AfrikaKorps theme.

Enjoy

My two pennies…your mileage may vary

I’m not a complete idiot, there are parts missing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 66, 67, 68 ... 79, 80, 81  Next
Jump to:
Page 67 of 81

Jump to: