Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Save DeceBus - '58 Kombi
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
matei
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:22 am    Post subject: Save DeceBus - '58 Kombi Reply with quote

Hello! My name is Matei, I am a 26-year-old van lover and I live in Romania. I’ve been in love with Volkswagen vans my whole life and I’ve been chasing one since I’ve been able to drive. I was involved in smaller charity and social projects in the last few years, but now I want to take it to the next level. Along with my love for the VW TYP 2 T1, I want to share joy and love.

This year, after almost ten years of searches, God answered my prayers and so I found my long waited VW TYP 2 T1 van: DeceBus (the name is mix between Decebal - who was a very important and famous ancestor of Romanian people, the King of Dacia – and the English word Bus).

The story of DeceBus is a really interesting one. After endless failed searching on the Romanian and international market for a TYP 2 T1 VW van, I finally found it, unexpectedly, after I’ve started posting ads in a newspaper. The press is slowly dying in Romania and we don’t have special magazines for retro cars like in US, Germany or France. But I felt like the odds were in my favor.

My plan is to turn it into a working van that will bring happiness, joy and smiles on children’s faces. I plan to dress up as Scooby Doo, and together with the van and a bunch of friends (also dressed as Scooby characters) to go to children hospitals, children care centers and in poor villages in Romania. There we will spend quality time with the children, we will bring them sweets, clothes and writing materials (believe it or not, there are children in Romania that don’t have all the conditions to learn or go to school). I want to support the healthy development of children, because a happy and healthy kid means a bright future.

This project will have a special role in Romania. According to recent statistics, in June 2016, Romanian state reported 58,022 children who were registered for parental separation services. 22,289 of them were located in care centers (administrate by the state and by private foundations). In the state care centers, 7,788 children were aged between 0-13 years old. This mean they need clothes frequently, school supplies, food, sweets and toys.

Full story here: https://www.indiegogo.com/at/decebus

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Eric&Barb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Save DeceBus - '58 Kombi Reply with quote

Looks like a great project for you!!

As for the costumes, and candy would suggest not going that way. Much more important to make a more meaningful connection face to face, especially for the older ones who would find the costumes not as amusing or interesting.

Handing out books, crayons, even drawing paper, will last much longer than candy and not have the cavities problem later.

Your bus should stir up enough initial interest.
zuggbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Save DeceBus - '58 Kombi Reply with quote

Congratulations on your find
vwchance
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Save DeceBus - '58 Kombi Reply with quote

That rear bumper is worth some good money to the right person. I don't have the money myself but if you don't care about the original parts, sell it here on this site. It will help fund the work to get your bus on the road. And it looks like you have a bit of work ahead of you. Very Happy
matei
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:06 am    Post subject: Re: Save DeceBus - '58 Kombi Reply with quote

Eric&Barb wrote:
Looks like a great project for you!!

As for the costumes, and candy would suggest not going that way. Much more important to make a more meaningful connection face to face, especially for the older ones who would find the costumes not as amusing or interesting.

Handing out books, crayons, even drawing paper, will last much longer than candy and not have the cavities problem later.

Your bus should stir up enough initial interest.

Hello,
I've posted a new video with details about the campaign:

Link
matei
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:07 am    Post subject: Re: Save DeceBus - '58 Kombi Reply with quote

zuggbug wrote:
Congratulations on your find

Thanks! Feel free to share the videos & the campaign. Thanks!

Link
matei
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:09 am    Post subject: Re: Save DeceBus - '58 Kombi Reply with quote

vwchance wrote:
That rear bumper is worth some good money to the right person. I don't have the money myself but if you don't care about the original parts, sell it here on this site. It will help fund the work to get your bus on the road. And it looks like you have a bit of work ahead of you. Very Happy

Hello,

Thanks for your post. I don't want so sell anything. Please watch the story:

Link

Link
Malokin Martin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:06 am    Post subject: Re: Save DeceBus - '58 Kombi Reply with quote

I like that you’re passionate about VW’s. I think that’s really cool.

I admire your passion for altruism and helping kids. I think that’s really cool.

I think raising money to fix that insanely rusty VW under the guise of helping kids is not that cool.
matei
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:08 am    Post subject: Re: Save DeceBus - '58 Kombi Reply with quote

Malokin Martin wrote:

I admire your passion for altruism and helping kids. I think that’s really cool.

I think raising money to fix that insanely rusty VW under the guise of helping kids is not that cool.

The current situation in Romania is pretty tragic regarding the social assited children.
matei
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:35 am    Post subject: Re: Save DeceBus - '58 Kombi Reply with quote

The campaign just got an update. Check the making of video:

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/decebus-the-joy-delivery-bus-cars-education/x/11534217
mandraks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:56 am    Post subject: Re: Save DeceBus - '58 Kombi Reply with quote

matei wrote:
Malokin Martin wrote:

The current situation in Romania is pretty tragic regarding the social assited children.

I visited an orphanage in Satu Mare more than 20 years ago. A very sad place indeed. We brought toys, clothing, medical equipment for a local doctor, etc. i would hope conditions have gotten better after Ceausescu's death, if not they do need help in a bad way.

Uli

----------------------------------------
'53 3-Fold Oval, L35 Metallic Blue, looking for a narrow hatch panel
matei
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:43 am    Post subject: Re: Save DeceBus - '58 Kombi Reply with quote

mandraks wrote:
matei wrote:
Malokin Martin wrote:

I visited an orphanage in Satu Mare more than 20 years ago. A very sad place indeed. We brought toys, clothing, medical equipment for a local doctor, etc. i would hope conditions have gotten better after Ceausescu's death, if not they do need help in a bad way.

The situation in still the same, unfortunately. Please take a look at this video (2016). Every donation is very important to these children!

Link
matei
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:14 am    Post subject: Re: Save DeceBus - '58 Kombi Reply with quote

New update on the page. Check the entire description:

https://www.indiegogo.com/at/decebus
matei
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:33 am    Post subject: Re: Save DeceBus - '58 Kombi Reply with quote

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/decebus-the-joy-delivery-bus-cars-education/x/11534217#/updates/3
matei
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:49 am    Post subject: Re: Save DeceBus - '58 Kombi Reply with quote

<Update⭐️: Only 10 days left!> Starting today, I will publish, from time to time, the list with the names of the ''guarding angels'' of this social cause. Donations were made on Indiegogo, PayPal and directly in the bank account. Details in comments.

https://www.facebook.com/DeceBus.ro/photos/a.19136...mp;theater
matei
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:05 am    Post subject: Re: Save DeceBus - '58 Kombi Reply with quote

Last hours of the campaign! Please support the cause! Rolling Eyes
matei
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 12:49 am    Post subject: Re: Save DeceBus - '58 Kombi Reply with quote

Hello guys,

Can you tell me more about this mirrors? For what cars were produced?

Thanks!
crofty
Judas of the North

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 8:04 am    Post subject: Re: Save DeceBus - '58 Kombi Reply with quote

Those look like the mirrors that go on banjo/harp mirror arms.

not worth $200

HamburgerBrad wrote:

I slept on crofty's tent once. I passed out drunk from two bottles of Everett's brother's wine.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
matei
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 3:27 am    Post subject: Re: Save DeceBus - '58 Kombi Reply with quote

crofty wrote:
Those look like the mirrors that go on banjo/harp mirror arms.

not worth $200

Hello! Do you know more specs about them? Eg: type of bus, years of manufacturing etc.

Thanks!
BarryL Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 9:47 am    Post subject: Re: Save DeceBus - '58 Kombi Reply with quote

This help? https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/search.php?searc...=titleonly
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: