Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Engine knock
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
jfats808
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Engine knock Reply with quote

Min piston to valve clearance is .040......

Lol I didn't think he would only put a spacer on barrel. Hope not! Still at that point pulling off the barrels I would've checked the rod bearing and journal.

Best of luck!

Rockstar Suzuki wrote:

You might as well put 10 year build in your bullshit sig, as it will NEVER run. Also your a dick

You can always learn something new, even from a fool.
Check your oil levels routinely!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Vanillagurilla
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Engine knock Reply with quote

Pruneman99 wrote:
Wait I hope you put bigger spacers in #1 and #2 or the head will sit cock-eyed. The cylinder tops need to be even.

I changed them on all the cylinders. Momma raised ugly kids not stupid ones. One cylinder or ever 2 on the one side at 7.5:1 and the other 2 at 8:1 doesn't sound like a good idea lol.
Vanillagurilla
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Engine knock Reply with quote

jfats808 wrote:
Min piston to valve clearance is .040......

Lol I didn't think he would only put a spacer on barrel. Hope not! Still at that point pulling off the barrels I would've checked the rod bearing and journal.

Best of luck!

I did, my piston to valve clearance isn't an issue unless I drop a valve lol. Runs fine now, no knocks or noises other then the cv and those are next on my list. Car has been sitting for quite a while and it only got out to the desert twice a year maybe so I've just been driving it to work (2.5miles each way) to get it sorted out. The other day I found the 17mm Allen bolt for the trailing arm pretty close to falling out. After the cv joints I'm going to get on the brakes, they work now but all the parts are old and I have new brake lines waiting to go on. I do have a brake question, I have a complete front and rear end at my cousin's house with all new drum brake parts but they are 5 lug, are the 4 and 5 lug drums the same size? I'd like to just swap the backing plates with the brakes all complete and put some new 4 lug drums on it if possible.
Danwvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Engine knock Reply with quote

Man replace that rod bearing too! My bus engine has a deck of 19 thousandths on one of the cylinders. I got 25K on it and it's not hitting yet! You've got a loose rod too. Get it sized. clean up the crank with emery on that one if it needs anything not too major.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: