Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Where to get Transmission Valve Body - 2002 Weekender Eurovan
Forum Index -> Eurovan Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
jjwithers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:21 am    Post subject: Where to get Transmission Valve Body - 2002 Weekender Eurovan Reply with quote

I'm finally going to try to solve the slipping transmission and hard shifts on my 2002 Eurovan.

I am reading that a new valve body with oversized pistons are the way to go. In addition to a new filter, and solenoids.

I don't want to buy from ebay - Where can I order an oversized valve body and the rest of that stuff that has a good reputation? And reasonable prices?

I'm in southern california.
marshy11
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Where to get Transmission Valve Body - 2002 Weekender Eurovan Reply with quote

http://www.makcotransmissionparts.com/VW-095.html
jjwithers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Where to get Transmission Valve Body - 2002 Weekender Eurovan Reply with quote

They don't have them for the 01P. Seems like they are hard to find. Been calling people all morning... and visiting local tranny shops.
I'm looking for a rebuilt valve body, not a kit to do it myself.
marshy11
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Where to get Transmission Valve Body - 2002 Weekender Eurovan Reply with quote

Keep scrolling.
gakali
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Where to get Transmission Valve Body - 2002 Weekender Eurovan Reply with quote

I had good luck with a rebuilt unit from VW. Bought the ribbon cable from them too.

1999 Eurovan
2003 A4 Avant 1.8T Quattro
1992 W201 190e 2.3 Mercedes
2006 W220 S600 V12 Twin Turbo 5.5 Mercedes
Stripped66
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Where to get Transmission Valve Body - 2002 Weekender Eurovan Reply with quote

I had mine rebuilt by Kansas City TDI:
http://kansascitytdi.com/01m-valve-body-repair/
The turn-around was quick.

Quick question...do you also get the "false neutral" when idling in drive? I.e. the transmission disengages 1st gear, and you feel 1st reengage when you give a little gas to take off?

I don't think electrickery works that way
markcm2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Where to get Transmission Valve Body - 2002 Weekender Eurovan Reply with quote

Did you get a VB rebuild? IF so, did it resolve your issue?

I"m looking at an 02 that has been slipping for awhile in 1 and 2nd, it does feel like its in neutral and then as RPM ramps up is starts to grab but you have to be gentle or it will slip or shutter. Once you get it going it seem to lock up better than when launching. It has just over 200k on it.

Curious if this "might be" a valve body issue rather than internal transmission failure. I don't have access to open the pan to inspect.

When people remove their transmission, do they typically drop them from beneath the van, or pull them out the front? If out the front, do they pull attached to the engine or take the engine out first and then the trans?
Stripped66
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Where to get Transmission Valve Body - 2002 Weekender Eurovan Reply with quote

markcm2 wrote:

I"m looking at an 02 that has been slipping for awhile in 1 and 2nd, it does feel like its in neutral and then as RPM ramps up is starts to grab but you have to be gentle or it will slip or shutter. Once you get it going it seem to lock up better than when launching. It has just over 200k on it.

Curious if this "might be" a valve body issue rather than internal transmission failure. I don't have access to open the pan to inspect.

Internal failure. You'll probably find that the K1 clutch is toast.

IMO, pull the valve body and send it out to be rebuilt only if you plan to rebuild the transmission yourself. There's no point throwing $600+ at a valve-body rebuild only to find that it doesn't fix your problem (because it won't), then spend $3500+ on a rebuilt transmission.

markcm2 wrote:

When people remove their transmission, do they typically drop them from beneath the van, or pull them out the front? If out the front, do they pull attached to the engine or take the engine out first and then the trans?

You can drop the transmission out the bottom if you support the engine. It seems most folks remove the front of the engine bay and pull the engine/transmission as a unit (which is what I did).

I don't think electrickery works that way
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Eurovan All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: