Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

52 barn find
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Beetle - Split-Window/1938-53 VWs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
allsidius
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:50 pm    Post subject: Re: 52 barn find Reply with quote

Wiggy wrote:
allsidius wrote:
I just threw away 5 minutes of my life on this idiot posting. I knew I saw that mossy oval before.

The thread is BS, please remove.

It took you 5 minutes to read this? You might want to work on your reading skills before running your mouth.

I ask the moderator to remove a scam post, and you take a shot at me? Strange times.

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!

Last edited by allsidius on Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:27 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Wiggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:14 am    Post subject: Re: 52 barn find Reply with quote

allsidius wrote:
Wiggy wrote:
allsidius wrote:
I just threw away 5 minutes of my life on this idiot posting. I knew I saw that mossy oval before.

The thread is BS, please remove.

It took you 5 minutes to read this? You might want to work on your reading skills before running your mouth.

I ask the moderator to remove a spam post, and you take a shot at me? Strange times.

I took a shot at you because you were being a dickhead.

Why is it an idiot posting? He was asking a legit question.

Nobody required you to read the post. Move on if you "knew you say the mossy oval before".

It is your OPINION that the thread is BS. You don't own the site. If people thought it wasn't worthy of replying to, they wouldn't. And frankly, posting your opinion about it is actually the waste of time here for both you, and all of us.

My 58 Ghia Vert

My 51 Split 11G

My 57 Deluxe

My 56 Oval
allsidius
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:37 am    Post subject: Re: 52 barn find Reply with quote

Wiggy, I find your last post requiring a reply, which will be my last.

Quote:
I took a shot at you because you were being a dickhead.

I do not understand that this kind of reply would be within the guidelines of this otherwise excellent site. I have not resorted to name-calling.

Quote:
Why is it an idiot posting? He was asking a legit question.

No he was not. These are two unrelated pictures of two different cars. The story is made up.

Quote:
It is your OPINION that the thread is BS

Even the moderator has appended the original post with a Scam warning.

Quote:
You don't own the site.

I do know that. Neither do you. But if Everett and Glenn were the only guys allowed to post here it would be pretty dull.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
67ctbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:14 am    Post subject: Re: 52 barn find Reply with quote

I usually try not to jump into arguments, but I would like to throw my opinion on allsidius' comment. How do you know the story of him almost buying the "vehicle" is made up. Perhaps he was buying it off of photos sent by a seller. That is not unheard of. Everett said the seller of the vehicle may be using the photos as a scam. He never said that the poster was trying to scam anyone. Threads like these can save people from dropping big money and knowing to look out for things when they are sent pictures of cars for sale. IMHO these threads are very useful and are in no way an "idiot posting". That's all I have to say.
'63 Ragtop
'73 914
'72 Dodge Wrecker
Go Cubs!
World Series Champions 2016
KentPS wrote:
...or the PO envied the terrorists' bus in "Back to the Future". Laughing

mukluk wrote:
He's fine, just waiting for the dragon in winklepickers to move out of his lane.
allsidius
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:22 am    Post subject: Re: 52 barn find Reply with quote

67ctbug wrote:
I usually try not to jump into arguments, but I would like to throw my opinion on allsidius' comment. How do you know the story of him almost buying the "vehicle" is made up. Perhaps he was buying it off of photos sent by a seller. That is not unheard of. Everett said the seller of the vehicle may be using the photos as a scam. He never said that the poster was trying to scam anyone. Threads like these can save people from dropping big money and knowing to look out for things when they are sent pictures of cars for sale. IMHO these threads are very useful and are in no way an "idiot posting". That's all I have to say.

I know I promised to shut up, but I just wish to thank you for a sober interpretation of the original post. I do appreciate the original post can be read the way you do, and probably should be. Buying a split these days involves, to some of us, not an unsignificant financial transaction, in which case the info in the original post is pretty thin.

Wiggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:58 am    Post subject: Re: 52 barn find Reply with quote

allsidius wrote:
I do appreciate the original post can be read the way you do, and probably should be.

'
Exactly. Too bad you didn't consider this perspective before attacking the person making the original post. He was not trying to sell the car via a forum topic.

My 58 Ghia Vert

My 51 Split 11G

My 57 Deluxe

My 56 Oval
joey1320
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:31 am    Post subject: Re: 52 barn find Reply with quote

Crazy how my eyes completely ignored all the background stuff and only focused on the car.

OP, can you please post more information on the seller? Anything you can pass on from this scammer will help others.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Split-Window/1938-53 VWs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: