Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

This is dedication...
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Who.Me? Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:02 pm    Post subject: This is dedication... Reply with quote

This has popped up on a few VW groups on Facebook today.

Hopefully the guy who did this will join up here and post about his truck, but I thought it might be interesting if any of you haven't seen it yet.

The guy has literally dug up a single cab. Considering it's supposed to have been buried for more than 50 years, I was pretty amazed at the condition...

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1918196795174255&id=100009518604269

https://www.facebook.com/100009518604269/videos/pc...mp;theater

Looking for info on my truck's history. Are you from Campbell California or nearby. Do you recognise it? ... http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=636786
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:16 pm    Post subject: Re: This is dedication... Reply with quote

Impressive, but Desert Bus still wins....
thom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:28 pm    Post subject: Re: This is dedication... Reply with quote

In the past few years I've seen stories of a barndoor and a Kübelwagen that were literally dug out of the ground, having been completely buried. There was another barndoor that was airlifted out of BFE.

The desert bus was a walk in the park compared to that - all they had to do was drag it up onto a trailer and drive home.
1957 23-Window Deluxe
1957 Mercedes Westfalia single cab
1963 Unimog 404
1965 E-Type
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
oakman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:57 pm    Post subject: Re: This is dedication... Reply with quote

Abscate wrote:
Impressive, but Desert Bus still wins....

Can someone please post a link to Desert Bus? I've heard of it but unable to find info. Thanks in advance!
Malokin Martin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:03 pm    Post subject: Re: This is dedication... Reply with quote

I was all “ehhhhh sort of cool... but a ton of work for just a single cab...”

Until I saw this:

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
62DoKaGuy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:08 pm    Post subject: Re: This is dedication... Reply with quote

Malokin Martin wrote:

Until I saw this:

This SC reminded me of this one I've seen years ago. By the way, Schwäbisch Hall is a pretty cool town in Southern Germany, if you ever get the chance to visit!

4/62 Double Cab
5/61 Panel (sold)
4/59 Single Cab (sold)
D-train
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:50 pm    Post subject: Re: This is dedication... Reply with quote

What’s the story with that?
Clara Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:23 pm    Post subject: Re: This is dedication... Reply with quote

62DoKaGuy wrote:
Malokin Martin wrote:

Until I saw this:

This SC reminded me of this one I've seen years ago. By the way, Schwäbisch Hall is a pretty cool town in Southern Germany, if you ever get the chance to visit!

The truck in the pic you posted looks a lot like the one in front of the ratty one in the pic above.

I remember reading something about it... was there a thread on it s few years ago?
yes... link : https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=509456&highlight=schw%E4bisch+hall
D-train
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:18 pm    Post subject: Re: This is dedication... Reply with quote

Sweet! Thanks for that. What a find tho!
62DoKaGuy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:28 pm    Post subject: Re: This is dedication... Reply with quote

Clara wrote:
62DoKaGuy wrote:
Malokin Martin wrote:

Until I saw this:

The truck in the pic you posted looks a lot like the one in front of the ratty one in the pic above.

I remember reading something about it... was there a thread on it s few years ago?
yes... link : https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=509456&highlight=schw%E4bisch+hall

That's what I was trying to say haha, but I was too excited to see Schwäbisch Hall representing VW again haha or vice versa. Seen the real one in person years ago, trying to remember where...

The Bavarian Pickers' video of that SC makes me wonder how they or whoever discovered it actually saw it given how it was so buried...so cool.

4/62 Double Cab
5/61 Panel (sold)
4/59 Single Cab (sold)
EeVeeWee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:56 am    Post subject: Re: This is dedication... Reply with quote

Beautiful!

Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:10 am    Post subject: Re: This is dedication... Reply with quote

Link to desert-bus here

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=459415&start=0
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: