Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Snowboard w/Bus
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paipo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:15 pm    Post subject: Snowboard w/Bus Reply with quote

Long in the tooth snow riders might remember this Mervin Mfg. (aka LibTech) Matt Cummins board from the early 90's. PNW surfers might recognize the lineup. Incidentally, I bought a fully functional 21 window from MC's brother (for $400) just prior the creation of this board. Could be my old rig (yeah, I know it has more windows). Had forgotten about this one stowed in the rafters.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
squareweave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Snowboard w/Bus Reply with quote

I remember that board well. It also came in blue and white. Mt Baker would have seen a lot of those in 93-94
kombisutra
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:08 am    Post subject: Re: Snowboard w/Bus Reply with quote

Date: January 2006, Location: Titlow Hill Road, Willow Creek Ca, Bus: SO 44, now in Japan, snow board location, unknown. dude location: Bagram AFG... God damn this shit is getting old! Carhartt Jacket: here with me in Bagram.

cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Snowboard w/Bus Reply with quote

I vividly recall that board, and the many Mervin and Lib Tech boards that used 1/4"-20 hardware. We had a drawer full of bottom taps to attempt a fix when an unknowing owner cranked in M6 hardware into the holes, only to have them strip out halfway down the hill. Did quite a few insert replacements on them, too. Either from being stripped or simply just yanked out of the board entirely. They weren't made as well as other boards at that time. Had problems with edges pulling out, too.

I worked in ski/snowboard repair shops from 1989 to 2004. If I found one of those boards today at a yard sale, I would grab it and hang it in the shop, but never owned one back then. I was pretty much a Burton and Rossignol rider.
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Snowboard w/Bus Reply with quote

kombisutra wrote:
Date: January 2006, Location: Titlow Hill Road, Willow Creek Ca, Bus: SO 44, now in Japan, snow board location, unknown. dude location: Bagram AFG... God damn this shit is getting old! Carhartt Jacket: here with me in Bagram.

Damn goofy foot heathen creating lift line havoc! Wink
kombisutra
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:48 am    Post subject: Re: Snowboard w/Bus Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:

Great to see you man -been way too long!
Dude, I'm innocent! I actually borrowed that board intending to do a little back hill on that SST Recon adventure, but never rode it. Me... I'm normal foot! I'da' fixed that shit Wink What I used to ride (and still have in my hangar) is a blank, white SIMMS SWITCHBLADE autographed by Trever Snowden from back in the day (early 90s). If you know about that board, I may be willing to barter it for some bus junk. You should get some madmen from up there and bomb the SST as Team Idaho 2018! Check it! Cool

Alex, you need to steal one of those stupid whopper mo hoppers and get on over! Sorry they're being mean to you. Crying or Very sad
Bulli Klinik
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:36 am    Post subject: Re: Snowboard w/Bus Reply with quote

I remember that board. The base was pretty rad as well with the guy frontside slashing a pool. They put out a limited edition of it in black and white as well.

Here's some oldies:

Colorado Springs
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
srfndoc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:04 am    Post subject: Re: Snowboard w/Bus Reply with quote

Any more pics of the postal yellow highroof? Where is it now?
Bulli Klinik
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:23 am    Post subject: Re: Snowboard w/Bus Reply with quote

That Bus was imported by Rob Cress (Busracer) along with a red and white checker high-roof.

The yellow one was sold to PLF Dawn and then crashed. It was restored in Fla and ended up in Hot VW's. It's blue now.
Colorado Springs
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
srfndoc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:39 am    Post subject: Re: Snowboard w/Bus Reply with quote

Bulli Klinik wrote:
That Bus was imported by Rob Cress (Busracer) along with a red and white checker high-roof.

The yellow one was sold to PLF Dawn and then crashed. It was restored in Fla and ended up in Hot VW's. It's blue now.

Thanks for the info. Had no idea that was Dawn's bus but it looks amazing now (saw it at OCTO a few years ago).

Sorry for the thread jack. Smile
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:45 am    Post subject: Re: Snowboard w/Bus Reply with quote

kombisutra wrote:
cdennisg wrote:

Great to see you man -been way too long!
Dude, I'm innocent! I actually borrowed that board intending to do a little back hill on that SST Recon adventure, but never rode it. Me... I'm normal foot! I'da' fixed that shit Wink What I used to ride (and still have in my hangar) is a blank, white SIMMS SWITCHBLADE autographed by Trever Snowden from back in the day (early 90s). If you know about that board, I may be willing to barter it for some bus junk. You should get some madmen from up there and bomb the SST as Team Idaho 2018! Check it! Cool

Alex, you need to steal one of those stupid whopper mo hoppers and get on over! Sorry they're being mean to you. Crying or Very sad

I remember the Simms Switchblade. Yours was likely a pre-production model used for dealer demos and such. I don't really collect old boards, but I do have a matched pair of original Snurfers hanging around.

For years I rode a black demo Burton Asym air 161. It was stolen from our Burton rep when he visited here in 1992-ish. One of the guys in our shop got it back when a kid came in with it for some repair work. The rep didn't want it anymore since his insurance took care of it. I ended up with it the following year, and I painted it like Eddie Van Halen's guitar. It is now a light fixture hanging in my shop. I rode that thing hard, and it is bent and twisted, just like the Burton Supermodel 181 that replaced it.

No SST for me, too much life in the way for a long, mid-winter drive. But I find respite in my shop with the wood stove crankin' along with the stereo while I wrench on whatever mechanical beast is fighting me at the time.
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:51 am    Post subject: Re: Snowboard w/Bus Reply with quote

This was an excellent board back then. Dave Seone signature.

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: